It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on suboxone for about 2 yrs, I started at 24mg. a day 6 days later I went to a 90 treatment program. By the time I left I was on 6mg a day. I tried to stop by myself there b4 I left went 5 days w/out and then couldn't do it anymore so I stayed on them. After I got out I got down to 2mg every 48hrs. that was a 1 1/2 yrs ago since i've been out I have had a hard time. I keep telling myself when i'm off probation in feburary Ill taper again right now I made it all the way back up to 3/4 a pill a day I get comfortable for a couple of months then I go back up instead of down. Right now me and my girlfriend of 8 yrs. broke up and i'm stressed oout I have a counceling appt. monday because I think I need it. I really need to stay clean and im so glad for suboxone im not comfortable w/out especially when im stressed. I think im gonna ask my doc to up me again to 8mg a day and see what he says. I'm sick of running out every month a couple of days b4 my appt. because It makes me feel better. And I love this site thx im going to try to tell everyone at my Dr. office about it next time I go only the people that are there for real and trying to get clean I can't stand the people that are there to make money and sell them.

Post subject: Your Subox plan...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Mr. BIG "n" Mean,
First welcome to the forum.
You will find alot of good info at this site, So take some time and read some of the different comments in the blogs's also check out
Suboxzone Talkzone it is a blog by Dr. Junig who started this forum up... He is an addict in recovery himself so he know's of that he speaks!!!!!!! The best advice I can give you is... Get your Dr' involved before you make any changes to your mnedication schedule.
You sound like your are ready to get the opiates out of your life for good and that is a very positive step in the right direction.
Good Luck on your recovery.

TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think if you are comfortable with what Suboxone does for you than stay on it. I HATE people who act like it is such an awful thing because I have been more stable since I have been on Suboxone than any other time before it. I have generalized anxiety disorder and severe knee pain and I handle both situations very well now.
Do what you need to do to stay free of your addiction. I would love to have you take part in the online support groups on Monday and Wednesday nites. Please come by!