It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi I'm new...and scared
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone since I've been creeping around here for a few days. I just registered tonight. Im starting suboxone on the 20th. I'm happy, but scared too. I have been using oxycodone and oxycontin for about 5 years and daily for about 3 of those years. I only take between 20mg and 60mg a day. The doctor told me to use for the last time on the 19th and then around 6pm on the 20th I'm to get my sub at the drugstore. On the 21st in the morning I'm to go for sub again......then I plan on going to work hopefully and visit the doctor that day at 4:00. He is starting me on 4mg. I'm worried it will be too much BUT then again I'm worried it won't be enough. I'd really appreciate any advice or encouragement. What will happen if it's too weak? or too strong? I have two children and I'm single. I'm worried about being a mess in front of them . Thanks for reading :oops:

Post subject: REPLY FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please do not be afraid...you are doing a great thing to get straight for you and your children. The hard part will be stoping your drugs and having a little withdrawal before starting the sub...but that should not be more than 24-36 hrs...
4mg. seems a little low to me ...I would at least think he would give you 8mg. If you do not feel immediately better after taking the sub let you doctor know and he will up your dose.

I am on 10 mg. and it works fine for me , but I started on 16mg.

Let us know how you are doing and good luck to you!
Slipper

Post subject: Re: REPLY FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:09 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

slipper wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please do not be afraid...you are doing a great thing to get straight for you and your children. The hard part will be stoping your drugs and having a little withdrawal before starting the sub...but that should not be more than 24-36 hrs...
4mg. seems a little low to me ...I would at least think he would give you 8mg. If you do not feel immediately better after taking the sub let you doctor know and he will up your dose.

I am on 10 mg. and it works fine for me , but I started on 16mg.

Let us know how you are doing and good luck to you!
Slipper

SORRY about the typing and mistakes...it is 6 in the am and my contacts are blurry and I do not want to go fix them and wake up my husband!!!.Slipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Slipper. Thanks so much for replying. I just woke up too...I'll post later after work again. I really appreciate the advice and support. It's all I have :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Congratulations for taking the first step in your recovery! I remember when I was in the same place as you and I cannot commend suboxone enough. I tried quitting without suboxone about 4 times officially and I relapsed every time. Getting on suboxone gave me the clean time to put my life in perspective and realize the damage I was doing to my body. I have 9 months clean now and feel great, as do most people who are on suboxone treatment. I think it is great that you chose suboxone but why wait until the 20th? I hope that whenever you do start your treatment you have a smooth induction. Congrats again and welcome to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fireman wrote:
Congratulations for taking the first step in your recovery! I remember when I was in the same place as you and I cannot commend suboxone enough. I tried quitting without suboxone about 4 times officially and I relapsed every time. Getting on suboxone gave me the clean time to put my life in perspective and realize the damage I was doing to my body. I have 9 months clean now and feel great, as do most people who are on suboxone treatment. I think it is great that you chose suboxone but why wait until the 20th? I hope that whenever you do start your treatment you have a smooth induction. Congrats again and welcome to the forum!

It's possible the 20th is when she'll have the funds to afford treatment..I know sometimes it's pretty costly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the replies! Once I got the nerve to call the sub doc for an appt I had to wait a month to see him. I went on Feb 7th to my first appointment and the next available date he had to see me was Feb 21st. I told him I wanted to start ASAP, but I guess he has alot of patients and he said that was the earliest he could give me. I find it weird that the 19th is my last day and I go to the pharmacy around dinner time on the 20th and the pharmacist has to watch me take it...then I go back in the morning on the 21st for another dose. Anyway, I would think the doc would want to see me the day I first take the sub no? And the doc also told me that I have to take my dose at the pharmacy for the first two months!!! :shock:
What is the 4mg is too much? What will happen? Has anyone taken a dose that is too high for them? I'm crazy with worry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Abetterlife - I sent you a private message. I'm also new here so I'm not sure if I did it right....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Gettingthere...I got the message and replied. Thank you!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi, seems a little low to me as well, I started at 12mg., the taking in front of pharmasist is strange I admit, but so what, within 15 min. I felt "normal", I felt good, and I was going thru horrible withdrawl, that was Sept. 28th 2010,my life is sooooooooooo great now, good luck, btw this is my 1st post, just found this site today, doing some research for myself about suboxine even thou I am living it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@Baggie: Great to hear a positive story! I asked for a low dose because Im not taking large amounts and I'm scared of taking too high a dose of sub and throwing up and not being able to function. I'm single with two kids, so I have to be as 'ok' as I can be. As for the taking it in front of the pharmacist - I don't really care about it, but he said I have to do it for 2 months before I can get any to take home and then I think I will only get 1 week at a time. Still, it will be better than stressing about getting more oxy and searching for it all the time :cry: Thanks for replying to my post! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi a better life,

I too have to go to the pharmacist for my Suboxone and its OK. Bit of a pain in the arse when I had to go everyday and had to take it in front of the parmacist. Now i go 2 x a week when they give me take out.

Suboxone really does work wonders.

Good luck with everything

C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Babydoll wrote:
Hi a better life,

I too have to go to the pharmacist for my Suboxone and its OK. Bit of a pain in the arse when I had to go everyday and had to take it in front of the parmacist. Now i go 2 x a week when they give me take out.

Suboxone really does work wonders.

Good luck with everything

C

I'm just curious where do you guys live where it's required to take in front of a pharmacist?

I know it has to be the first time I've heard of anything like this, other than dosing at a methadone clinic at the window in front of the nurses..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am from London (UK). My prescriptions get sent automatically to the Chemist and at first I had to go everyday - supervised dispensing. went into a little private room and the pharmacists watches you take it. Then when I had been on it for like 5/6 months and my dose was reduced by 2mg i now go to the chemist twice a week. the pharmacist supervises me taking the dose for the day i attend and gives me enough tablets until my next scheduled day. so i go every tuesday and friday. if i reduce my dose again i think it will go down to picking up once a week and not supervised at all. i think they do it like this in the UK so that you can't sell or abuse it. but if i am honest and if you have seen any of my other posts it doesn;t work anyway cos i used to pretend to take it in front of the chemist (dont think they really watch you all that closely) and carried on using heroin. im not proud of that and i am trying my hardest everyday to change myself. I desperately want my old self back - i dont like the lieing, deceitful person i am sometimes because of my addiction to that evil substance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Babydoll,

I don't understand why are you getting Suboxone, just to pretend to take it ? Are you going against your will ? I know some places there is a waiting list with people that can't yet get an appointment and your pretending to take it just to keep using H ?

I'm sorry, I just dont' get this. Why go then ? Why pretend like this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

lindy read my other posts first before responding like you have - honestly are you perfect? is it easy for you to abstain? i am trying to be honest and dont need to be made to feel guilty from someone who doesn't know my story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Since I'm on Suboxone, yes it is easy for me to abstain, when used properly.
That's why I don't understand your need to use. I take it like it prescribed and it TAKES AWAY THE URGE to use !
That's the whole point. That's why people stay on it for years.
I'm certainly not perfect, never said I was. In fact, I only asked why you fake out your doctor when people are waiting to get an appointment to get on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lindy2012 wrote:
Since I'm on Suboxone, yes it is easy for me to abstain, when used properly.
That's why I don't understand your need to use. I take it like it prescribed and it TAKES AWAY THE URGE to use !
That's the whole point. That's why people stay on it for years.
I'm certainly not perfect, never said I was. In fact, I only asked why you fake out your doctor when people are waiting to get an appointment to get on this.

She said she USED to do this, but spoke as if she hasn't done that in a pretty good while..

Quote:
but if i am honest and if you have seen any of my other posts it doesn;t work anyway cos i used to pretend to take it in front of the chemist (dont think they really watch you all that closely) and carried on using heroin. im not proud of that and i am trying my hardest everyday to change myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am truly sorry I misread that.

I do not want to make you feel guilty or anything. I am sorry I commented to quickly. I should have read slower

Again I'm sorry,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's very difficult on a forum to properly get ones point across, its also very easy for people to misunderstand, jump to conclusions - but please dont judge others. i take my hat off to anyone who can keep away from misusing drugs. I am trying and its bloody hard, but I could not do it without suboxone. i am realising slowly that there are other reasons and influences in my life that i have to attend to - triggers that make me go back to using. i hope and pray for the day when I can be 1 years, 2 years clean.

Sorry to the author of this topic for sabotaging your thread

ABetterLife - good luck with your recovery.