It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No worries Babydoll. Never give up....you'll get there. I live in Ontario, Canada. The rules around dispensing obviously vary country to country and I highly doubt they are the same all through Canada. This particular doc I'm seeing unfortunately is making patients go daily for 2 months before giving 'take homes'. It's going to be a pain in the ass, but I'm going to do it because anything is better than living like this. :wink: Hope everyone out there is doing well. My countdown is on...8 more days 'til I take my first sub :) ...scared but hopeful!

Post subject: Don't be scared
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Abetterlife honestly you will be fine so long as you r in w/drawals before your first dose and you'll be amazed how much better you feel within a short space of time.
Suboxone in my opinion for me is a tool to help me get better. And i am now realising at long last that i need to wake up and tackle some other issues in my life that I am allowing to bring me down.
X c x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think about Suboxone like this:

A doctor has a bag of medical "tools" that they use when doing a procedure. They need every single tool in there to complete their procedure, and each one is used and has it's own unique purpose.

In my recovery, Suboxone is in my "bag" of tools. Each tool has it's own purpose, like my wife and her love for me, my children and their need for a father that's clean...then there's the Suboxone..which is what I used along with everything else, all put together to equal a positive outcome. We all have pretty strong willpowers..if you think about it. Imagine how much difficulty you went through when you wanted to do your drug of choice (opiate, heroin, etc)...imagine how many hurdles you jumped just to get that drug...now use that in your recovery as a tool, to help you ..or help prevent you from doing that same thing...

I read all of these stories from people across the globe, and while yes, it is more difficult in other areas of the world to get suboxone, it's still very worthwhile.