It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New and Need Help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone,

First off this forum has been very helpful, but I am so overwhelmed at confused. My baby was born 02/04/14 she weighed 8 lbs even, beautiful baby girl. She showed no sign of NAS until day three and by the end of the evening the docs had her on morphine. It has been a slow process, she is now on .8 mg hope this will end soon. Now child protective services is involved and I am so afraid they will take her away from me. I feel as though I have no say, the nurses treat me like crap and say things to make me feel like I am not a good mom. I have not left the hospital since I have had her accept to go to appointment. Can anyone help me with advice or share if child protective services was involved and what I should exptect. I have searched and searched and can find nothing. Thank you all!

Post subject: Re: New and Need Help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Did you have a prescription? & I'm curious... how much u were taking during your pregnancy? - Congratulations on your new baby & try to just relax a little. Sorry you have to deal with this :-( you & your baby wilm make it though!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

expecting1babygirl wrote:
Did you have a prescription? & I'm curious... how much u were taking during your pregnancy? - Congratulations on your new baby & try to just relax a little. Sorry you have to deal with this :-( you & your baby wilm make it though!!

Yes I do have a script and I was taking 8 mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay. Then your golden. I am currently pregnant so I have not delivered yet, & have not been through the experience yet. But I do face all of the challenges you are facing now. I believe CPS has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT! You are doing nothing wrong. Nothing illegal. Maybe arm yourself with some knowledge & be prepared if the situation does arise. Maybe if there is a place where u can connect to the internet & print papers...I would do that!! Suboxdoc has some great posts/forums...search them under NAS. or google Pregnancy, lay off the guilt. Your nurses & doctors at the hospital lack knowledge. That is why u are being treated the way you are. :-/ see if you can help them out with that!! Be more confident in yourself & stand beside you decision. U DO HAVE A SAY. U HAVE THE MOST SAY! I would be pissed if CPS stepped in other than to introduce themselves & get a feel for you. If they try to pull some shit u should really stand up to them & let them know that u are a great mother that has made the best possible decisions for your baby & you! Good luck. Hope this helped a little.