It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been looking for a suboxone dr in phila who takes my insurance (medicaid). I can't even how many i called who although they accept my insurance for anything else they want cash for it. I don't have anywhere near the money these drs are charging. I have been addicted for almost 10 yrs now and recently found out i'm pregnant. So my 2 big questions are is it possible to find a sub dr who takes insurance? Also because i am pregnant will they not prescribe them to me? I think they would be far safer for me and my baby then the amount of perks and oxys i take but i don't know. If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it. I made more calls toady and still no luck. I feel mysef giving up even though i dont want to. Thanks for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Go to the NAABT website and use the physician locator. Type in your needs, and you should get a reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Layna,

I think your best shot to find a sub doc who takes insurance is to find one associated with a hospital or large clinic system. They may not be listed as sub docs, but many anesthesiologists and pain docs can prescribe suboxone. Good luck.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DONT GIVE UP,,,,,
KEEP TRYING

sounds like a good couple of ideas in the above posts.......I'd definitely try those ideas if I were you...
most importantly,,,,

KEEP TRYING

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:P Now our clinic does not take medicaid but the one five miles away takes medicaid. When she ask about any options at all so she did not have to transfer both the clinic and the medicaid office told her that she could pay cash and then Medicaid will re-imburse her. She loses $7.00 dollars because in this State medicaid only pays up to $63.00 weekly and she pays $70.00 a week. Well the clinic told her today when she gets the actual card in the mail and brings it in they will accept $63.00 from her plus give her the paper she needs to be reimbursed from medicaid. My friend met with the doctor today at the clinic and he gave her the run down on pregnancy and methadone and he told her she may find her dose not keeping her stabilized she may and probably will find the need to increase throughout her pregnancy. So you might want to see if suboxone has to be adjusted in the dosage amount due to your ever changing hormones, metabolism etc....

I think your other concern was finding a sub doctor? Well here is another link to finding a provider thru SAMSHA. You can expand from 20 mile radius beyond to search. I understand if you’re a provider you are definitely listed with SAMSHA so this facility locator should work in finding any suboxone provider there is in your area. Good Luck and Congrats on the new blessing. Keep on this forum as you will find it to be very educational and supportive. You can talk about anything without judgments etc....I myself love this site.
http://www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hope that you are able to find a Dr. I know how it feels needing and wanting to get treatment so bad but not being able to. I was fortunate not to have been going through addiction while I was pregnant with my kids.

I am new to this type of treatment and I pay out of pocket for my subs. I am lucky as my B.F. supports me. But before I started sub’s I had been looking into MMT and found that there were many state funded programs for it but not many doctors who took the medical coupons for sub’s. That is in Wa State, it differs from state to state. I would suggest also going to your DSHS department and seeing if they could help you in any way. You may qualify for an adatsa to pay for treatment.

Also just by asking around and finding out how others got help sometimes works. When I was trying to get on MMT I found that some ppl were going to one of the larger cities and going to a needle exchange program and checking in and getting sent over to start treatment free with a voucher. It all just depends on your DOC and your state and what is out there, AND IF YOU CAN FIND IT. That is the hard part. You can’t give up. Keep looking and asking.

I know how hard it was to stay clean when I was fighting with my own head. Stay strong, Click on your computer and chat with the pep's here there are a lot of real cool people and they will be straight with you. Sometimes it is all we need to do is just to get out of our own heads.

Congrats on the new little one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 am 
Its really so said.......