It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I dont want to ID myself too much, but I don't have many friends now that I am not using.
I live in the Tampa Bay, Fl area so if there are any people that live in this area, you should hit me up! We can be friends :lol:

I am a 30yr old white male

I got hooked on opiates following 2 unsuccessful surgeries. I still have a lot of pain & damage that would require a 3rd surgery but do not have ins or a job or the willingness to go thru that kind of pain again.

I been on suboxone since April 2012, and 2 months ago I switched to Subutex following 6mo of clean piss as per docs req. I never shot up, and I want to be clean, I have never had such a hard time quitting any other drugs besides opiates. I been hooked on pretty much everything else, but I got myself off it all cold turkey. Opiates I couldn't get 4 days together so I finally decided to get on sub.

Any way, just wanted to intro myself, because I plan on being on this forum for a while. I go to NA sometimes but I can't seem to fit in with the people I meet. I dont try very hard to talk to them anyway. It's really hard for me to act like a normal human being lol
theres a lot more to me & my story so if u would like to know more please hit me up! :x :P :oops: 8) :o :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hey there, I'm not really sure how I missed this post....anyway, thank you for sharing a bit of
your story with us. Opiates are a real ass kicker for some reason, that I don't think I"ll ever
personally figure out. I don't have a problem with anything else, and never have, and these
painpills kicked my arse!!! Same as you....after a surgery.
Anyway, I know that you have posted since this, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing
a little bit of your story with us, and "formally" welcome you to the forum!!!! Take care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm 

Can I call you Prooph? (In my mind I pronounce it "proof".) I also didn't see your post until now, but I want to say welcome to the forum! I haven't attended an NA meeting, but I totally understand why you don't necessarily feel comfortable being there. Many suboxone users have reported that they are not considered "clean" at NA, so they're not treated really well, and aren't allowed to share, etc.

It has been a relief for me to be here among people who understand what it's like, both to be an addict, and to use suboxone as part of their recovery plan. There is a ton of collective wisdom here, so it's a good place to ask questions. I'm interested in your story and I'm glad that you plan on sticking around!

Since you have some chronic pain issues, are you dosing any particular way? Others with CP have mentioned dosing every 4 hours to promote the maximum analgesic effect from sub.

I think it's awesome that you have a doc who is willing to prescribe subutex for you. On the one hand, you have totally proven to be trustworthy on sub, but there are a lot of doctors who won't prescribe the generic at all! I think that the drug company, RB, has them brainwashed that suboxone is so superior and less abused.

Take care and post some more! :)

Amy