It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 21
Hello everyone. I have been a member here for over a year but I am not a frequent poster. I do read the forums daily, and sincerely appreciate everyone else's posts, advice, and courage. I was wondering if anyone else notices or knows if suboxone keeps you from getting sick. I have been on Suboxone since December of 2012 at 4 mg 4 times a day (I dose for chronic Fibromyalgia pain), and have not caught even the slightest cold. I never even sneeze anymore, ever. I have also been exposed to colds, the flu, strep throat, you name it, my kids have had it :roll: j......... When I was in active addiction and taking 300-400 mg of Oxy a day I do remember being ill a handful of times in the 8 years that I was abusing opiates. Just trying to figure out if this is the norm for Suboxone patients or if I have a superhero immune system. I am actually pretty concerned about this even though I should be grateful. Any insight would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

CRYS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 pm
Posts: 157
I think about this phenomenon all the time its really crazy, I like you haven't had even the slightest twinge of a cold for years and I now its because of beeing on opiates. I hadnt got sick for what seemed like years prior to sub either when I was using pod tea daily and that was a few years as well. Must just be something in opiates that helps with common colds because they do give out that tussionex and cherritussin sp? for bad colds/coughs and those are opiate based. Id really like to know the scientific reason though it just is interesting to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 pm
Posts: 1543
All opioids are potent cough suppressants--- that is why they are in cough meds. They don't have any immune boosting effects that I know of.... but people who snort drugs must get exposed to SO many bad things... if you used to do that, perhaps you accumulated a great deal of immune tissue in your nasopharynx, so that any random virus gets destroyed super efficiently! Just a guess....


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:34 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 21
Thank you for responding Buprecision. It is nice to hear that it isn't just me that has wondered about this. It is very interesting to me as well. I certainly don't miss the days of catching everything that happens to be going around, but the science behind it had me perplexed. Fortunately Dr. J chimed in and hit it right on the spot for me. I did snort the Oxy and his theory makes a lot of sense. Thank you Dr. J. Seems I did a number on my nasal passages and lungs, in addition to almost losing everything in my life that was important to me. I am so thankful for Suboxone, and all of the positive changes it has allowed me to make in my life. Without it I never would have been able to free myself from the pills, and allowed the opportunity to begin working on my recovery. Thanks again for the responses, and Dr. J, thank you for this form and the wealth of knowledge that you share. This forum has been a large part of my recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:23 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:25 am
Posts: 14
I have studied this phenomenon intently, and have come to some accurate conclusions. Back in 2008 when I started in active addiction I had also noticed that I never got sick. Even when purposely exposed to the rhinovirus. I immediately put two and two together... and stumbled upon a lot of useful information.

I'm not sure if you know how the immune system fights off viruses, but I'll give you a little lesson. The reason why people get sick isn't because they have "weak" immune systems. There is no such thing as a weak immune system. That's just something derived from western medicine. The reason why we get sick or become susceptible to viruses is because we put our selves in environments where the viruses thrive.

For example, the rhinovirsus thrives in cold temperatures... hence the name "common Cold". That's why the majority of people only get sick during the winter months. Same with influenza. You don't see people getting flu shots in July. That's where the old saying... "it's freezing, you'll catch a cold"..came from. Now, opiates increase the body temperature, making it nearly impossible for the virus to reproduce...thus giving your white blood cells a huge advantage.

While on opiates: body temperature increases, virus cant reproduce, white blood cells out number the virus...virus gets destroyed...all with out the slightest little sniffle.

Off of opiates: in cold environment for sustained period of time, body temperature lowers, virus replicates, out numbers white blood cells... you get sick.

Fevers are our bodies natural defense mechanism. Something our bodies do as a last resort, when the virus has out numbered our white blood cells. But by that time it's too late... the virus has all ready evolved.

Most people don't even know this information. They just think getting sick is the result of weak immune system or that look at it as something inevitable. This is called westernized medicine.

Westernized medicine is designed to get and keep people sick...Then to treat said sickness with synthetic drugs. Even though if someone did even the slightest bit of research, they'd find that over 90 % of ailments can be prevented and cured with just proper exercise, diet and nutrition. But then how would they make millions of dollars from vaccines?
Ahh God Bless the USA

I haven't been sick from a viral disease since 2008. I did several experiments with my ex girlfriend. She's always wondered why I never got sick... even when I had exposed my self to her saliva when she was sick. When she got sick I'd purposely lick her tongue and exchange saliva... virus was no match for my euphoric powers.

Another thing to take into account... is that opiates have a dramatic effect on the mood. Happy mind equals happy body.



This isn't speculation...this is something that can be confirmed with a quick Google search.

_________________
My name it means nothing
my fortune is less
My future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything I possessed - Now they are gone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am
Posts: 4127
I am on 2mg per day and have been for two years.

I only want to report that I've been very sick with viruses at least 3 times in the past year. Perhaps it's not enough sub to be receiving immunity benefits?

Amy

_________________
Done is better than perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:25 am
Posts: 14
Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I am on 2mg per day and have been for two years.

I only want to report that I've been very sick with viruses at least 3 times in the past year. Perhaps it's not enough sub to be receiving immunity benefits?

Amy


Have you taken flu shots? Hows your diet? Exercise? Prolonged exposure to cold weather?

There are a number of factors that could have caused you getting sick. Opiates can only do so much when it comes to preventing such ailments....but even then, effects from said virus should be minimal at best.

Or you're just lying for the sake of argument..

Either way.

_________________
My name it means nothing
my fortune is less
My future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything I possessed - Now they are gone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am
Posts: 4127
MorningSun wrote:

Or you're just lying for the sake of argument..


Was that necessary?

_________________
Done is better than perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm
Posts: 460
Location: New York
Hi, It's Queenie,

I haven't had a cold, virus, flu, etc… in years. I don't know if it's the subs or coincidence. I have been on subs 4 years and I was addictegd to pills for years. Plus, I'm 71 years old. I did have a flu shot but I have been exposed to people with bad colds, virus' and nothing. My daughter, son-in-law & grandsons live upstairs. They have had it ALL & me…Nothing. So, who knows maybe there is something to opiates & Subs.

By the way, I have known "Amy-work in progress" for a long time. I don't think she would lie for the heck of it.
Love you all,
Queenie


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:41 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
When I was on heavy opiates, I thought I noticed I wasn't getting sick, but truth is, I did catch colds and the like, but the "feel good" from the opiate usually overpowered any symptom my body was trying to give me. I did get sick while on opiates, just didn't hardly feel it.

Once I quit all opiates, Suboxone included, I REALLY noticed when I got sick. A few times while sick, I would take opiates to mask the symptoms, hence feel better. To this day, on of my biggest triggers is getting sick because I know I can run to an opiate to feel better.

Somewhere on this site is a thread that talks about people getting sick on or off opiates. I can not for the life of me remember the title, but I think Bronzebeta started the thread?

BTW, I'm not just lying for the sake of arguement. Figured I'd throw that in there before I got accused of such.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 pm
Posts: 157
suboxdoc wrote:
All opioids are potent cough suppressants--- that is why they are in cough meds. They don't have any immune boosting effects that I know of.... but people who snort drugs must get exposed to SO many bad things... if you used to do that, perhaps you accumulated a great deal of immune tissue in your nasopharynx, so that any random virus gets destroyed super efficiently! Just a guess....

When you say "exposed to so many bad things" are you referring to street drugs that are handled by a bunch of different dirty hands etc and then cut with god knows what and in turn you could be getting disgusting bacterias/viruses from street drugs or are you including people who snort pills they get from the pharamcy and aren't passed around and cut with unknown chemicals? I just didn't get why you singled out snorting because people who shoot street drugs surely are exposed to way more "bad things" than someone who just snorts it right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:54 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm
Posts: 7
Hi folks;
This is an interesting discussion. I too haven't been sick in ages, with the exception of a cold at Christmas. I take 8 mg suboxone/day after tapering down from 24 mg/day over the last two years. Every day I thank suboxone for giving me back my life.
On your topic, I can't remember the last time I sneezed. I do get a flu shot annually, and try to eat well, get enough sleep, and abstain from all other drugs, except for the occasional drink of that demon rum...
Really, by all measures, life has not been better since my addiction to dilaudid.
I just wish I had access to suboxone before I lost everything near and dear to me. But, the rebuild continues, and my future has never been brighter.
I wish success to all.
Cheers, Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 am
Posts: 2801
Location: Southwest
Why would I even bother to post back on this one. He will never see the light or change his mind no matter what kind of proof is out there. Google it? Right. Google science must be true, I read it on the internet!

This is the one that got the hair on my back raised. (I have no back hair)

"But then how would they make millions of dollars from vaccines?"

Why don't you go to Africa without any vaccines and see what you get. Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria, Hep A & B. The list goes on. Plus, you must be very young to not know your history. So many people died from epidemics over the years until we got vaccines. So you want to see children get Whooping Cough? Polio? etc, etc. Uga Bugga medicine.

Sorry folks, this subject gets me riled up.

_________________
Don't take yourself so damn seriously


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 pm
Posts: 6
Also wanted to reply ,that I haven't had a cold or flu in like 10 years.I was on Oxy for lie 3 years ,and been on subutex for 7 .I have 3 kids ,and we live in a sub-tropical zone ,and they occasionally get colds and bugs from school or whatever,but I really feel that Opiates are the cure for the common cold,maybe influenza also! I remeber reading an interview with Keith Richards ,in Creem magazine ,back in like 81' ,and he said the 25 years he was on dope,he never once had a cold. Hmmmmm.........JM2C!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 21
Good evening. I wanted to thank everyone for posting your personal experiences. I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one that has had this effect from opiate use. I certainly am not complaining, but I really wondered how it was possible that I wasn't catching every bug I came into contact with when I was actively addicted to Oxy and so unhealthy, and physically/mentally exhausted. Thanks to everyone again for chiming in. This forum is my a big part of my recovery, and I really appreciate the responses and support that I receive from each of you..... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 am
Posts: 2801
Location: Southwest
Just my opinion. I think the reason so many haven't gotten sick is because they are taking better care of themselves once they got off the abusing train. You/we became normal, per say.

Most of the time I don't get sick. This year has sucked. First, I got that respiratory virus going around, followed by a cold. Now it's Spring and my allergies are going crazy.

I think it may be due to unseen stress. We are going on a trip of a lifetime to Africa and it must be that. My voice has been broke for two months now, but I blame that on the radiation treatment I got two years ago. Radiation is the gift that keep on giving. They said my Thyroid will go next. Oh well, it's beats being dead.

And sorry about that last rant. If it starts causing trouble, I'll delete it.

Stay Well Everyone!

rule

_________________
Don't take yourself so damn seriously


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:25 am
Posts: 14
rule62 wrote:
Why would I even bother to post back on this one. He will never see the light or change his mind no matter what kind of proof is out there. Google it? Right. Google science must be true, I read it on the internet!

This is the one that got the hair on my back raised. (I have no back hair)

"But then how would they make millions of dollars from vaccines?"

Why don't you go to Africa without any vaccines and see what you get. Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria, Hep A & B. The list goes on. Plus, you must be very young to not know your history. So many people died from epidemics over the years until we got vaccines. So you want to see children get Whooping Cough? Polio? etc, etc. Uga Bugga medicine.

Sorry folks, this subject gets me riled up.


Someone seems to be addicted to "propaganda". Vaccines are actually killing more children than they are saving in Africa.

You do realize vaccines cause the diseases there supposed to prevent?

This is mainstream information...admitted and on record. LOL

http://www.polioeradication.org/Polioan ... ruses.aspx


Sanitation saved us...not vaccines. Africa is the most impoverished continent on the planet. Poverty and disease go hand in hand...no amount of vaccines will prevent hunger and malnutrition. Vaccines don't sterilize water.



http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/


http://www.vaccinationinformationnetwor ... g-disease/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20193633


Trolls make me laugh. "Moderator" trolls...Hmmm never encountered one before. This is the first.


But by all means believe Bill Gates and his fixed statistics...he is after all a "billionaire". Kinda of ironic isn't it? Some one who stock piles mass wealth/resources for personal gain whilst emanating this "pseudo savior" persona.

Come get your vaccines kids.

What's that? You don't want vaccines? Too bad... I've set lose millions of genetically modified mosquitoes infused with them... LOL YOU DON'T have a choice!

Hmmm I wonder what impact genetically modified mosquitoes will have on the environment?

But it's Bill Gates, he's a Billionaire... So we should just trust him and his share holders correct?.

They couldn't possibly be doing this for financial gain...no it's purely humanitarian.

I wonder why autism rates in America are skyrocketing...could it possibly be the result of mass vaccination...Nahh...its couldn't possibly be vaccines...The Gobermint wouldn't do dat....they wove us...right?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/53723 ... -s-history

Do yourselves a favor...stop drinking the Fox news koolaid....it kills brain cells.


Side note...I'm not against ALL forms of inoculation. When it comes to creating anti-venom for snake bites, by all means this is very important and life saving. But when it comes to mass and FORCED inoculation and giving infants vaccinations that contain mercury/Thimerosal and aluminum......it raises my eyebrow.... Continuing

EDIT: Especially after taking into account our Gobermint's NOT SO PERFECT track record...<==== and that's just me being modest. In reality... Our Government's behavior over the last few centuries is NOTHING SHORT OF CRIMINAL. No, not the worst this world's seen, but were slowly but surely getting there.

Department of Justice white paper much?

NSA much?

By the way...those last two tidbits are relatively new revelations... From last year alone. Keep in mind.

Although, I must admit, I'm a bit more concerned with what we don't know, I think we all should be.

And that's a memo. <==== Bill O'reilly reference....and no I do not watch Fox.

Can't sleep...my new medication(Suboxone) has me super charged!

_________________
My name it means nothing
my fortune is less
My future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything I possessed - Now they are gone


Last edited by MorningSun on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 pm
Posts: 626
Location: Virginia
Obviously the issue of vaccinating is a hotly debated topic, and sometimes, even our mods become passionate about their views on certain matters, however, his post, however empassioned it may have been, was nowhere near as condescending or insulting as was your post. he even later posted an apology for that post. Our moderators have a difficult job at times, but are not perfect people and certainly are entitled to their own opinions. The absolute rude nature of your post was completely UN called for! I realize your post was full of links to posts that prove your opinion is the correct one, however I will also point out that there are also many respected medical articles written about this topic which completely contradict your point of view. I agree with you that sanitation did, and still does eradicate many diseases, hence the emphasis on hand washing and anti bacterial EVERYTHING! but for you to not realize/acknowledge that vaccinations have eradicated and prevented many deadly diseases is plain ridiculous! I have a great nephew who isn't old enough to receive certain vaccines, hrs a baby. as different vaccines are given at different ages throughout childhood, now just suppose,hypothetically, that his mother takes him to the grocery store where he comes into contact with an unvaccinated child who has, idk, perhaps the measles for example, but isn't yet showing symptoms, and subsequently gets the measles from that unvaccinated child? Before children were vaccinated for measles, they sometimes died from it, so much so that a vaccine was created to prevent it.
Now a baby who has not yet been vaccinated against it will become extremely ill with the measles, and perhaps die, especially more likely since many doctors wouldn't think to check for it since most parents choose to vaccinate their children. who is responsible for that baby's illness and possible death? I'm all about the government not being too involved in our personal lives, but why should one child have to suffer/ die, because another parent chose not to vaccinate their child? I'm not familiar with the name of the case, but this has happened! I respect your opinion and choice not to have your children vaccinated against deadly diseases, but your post makes it sound as if law abiding parents who choose to protect their kids by getting their shots, are somehow blindly following and trusting the gov't and aren't educated about what they are doing. many parents are well informed about all aspects of their child's medical care. and it is still recommended by pediatricians and even mandated in many school districts before entering school. As for vaccinations causing autism, there are some studies that SUGGEST a connection, but prove nothing as fact.
As for adults being up to date on their shots before travelling abroad, it not only protects us when we travel abroad, but also the native population of whatever country one is visiting, who aren't immune to our germs and diseases. it's not some conspiracyby the gov't or big pharma, it's just plain common sense. The creation of many of these vaccines have prevented countless deaths over the years from diseases like smallpox, polio, diphtheria,pertussis, and many others that at one time in history were a death sentence. many people have different views on this topic, but the people who don't agree with you aren't just blind sheep,I assure you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:31 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:25 am
Posts: 14
lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Obviously the issue of vaccinating is a hotly debated topic, and sometimes, even our mods become passionate about their views on certain matters, however, his post, however empassioned it may have been, was nowhere near as condescending or insulting as was your post. he even later posted an apology for that post. Our moderators have a difficult job at times, but are not perfect people and certainly are entitled to their own opinions. The absolute rude nature of your post was completely UN called for! I realize your post was full of links to posts that prove your opinion is the correct one, however I will also point out that there are also many respected medical articles written about this topic which completely contradict your point of view. I agree with you that sanitation did, and still does eradicate many diseases, hence the emphasis on hand washing and anti bacterial EVERYTHING! but for you to not realize/acknowledge that vaccinations have eradicated and prevented many deadly diseases is plain ridiculous! I have a great nephew who isn't old enough to receive certain vaccines, hrs a baby. as different vaccines are given at different ages throughout childhood, now just suppose,hypothetically, that his mother takes him to the grocery store where he comes into contact with an unvaccinated child who has, idk, perhaps the measles for example, but isn't yet showing symptoms, and subsequently gets the measles from that unvaccinated child? Before children were vaccinated for measles, they sometimes died from it, so much so that a vaccine was created to prevent it.
Now a baby who has not yet been vaccinated against it will become extremely ill with the measles, and perhaps die, especially more likely since many doctors wouldn't think to check for it since most parents choose to vaccinate their children. who is responsible for that baby's illness and possible death? I'm all about the government not being too involved in our personal lives, but why should one child have to suffer/ die, because another parent chose not to vaccinate their child? I'm not familiar with the name of the case, but this has happened! I respect your opinion and choice not to have your children vaccinated against deadly diseases, but your post makes it sound as if law abiding parents who choose to protect their kids by getting their shots, are somehow blindly following and trusting the gov't and aren't educated about what they are doing. many parents are well informed about all aspects of their child's medical care. and it is still recommended by pediatricians and even mandated in many school districts before entering school. As for vaccinations causing autism, there are some studies that SUGGEST a connection, but prove nothing as fact.
As for adults being up to date on their shots before travelling abroad, it not only protects us when we travel abroad, but also the native population of whatever country one is visiting, who aren't immune to our germs and diseases. it's not some conspiracyby the gov't or big pharma, it's just plain common sense. The creation of many of these vaccines have prevented countless deaths over the years from diseases like smallpox, polio, diphtheria,pertussis, and many others that at one time in history were a death sentence. many people have different views on this topic, but the people who don't agree with you aren't just blind sheep,I assure you.


I wasn't trying to be rude.

I also get "riled up" over this topic.

Maybe I got to riled up.

Sorry..."if it causes too much trouble I'll delete it".


EDIT: Oh and Lizzie... Just a pro tip...http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/polio- ... -paralysis.

Something everyone should be aware of before they go blindly praising vaccines.

The Vaccine industry is a business...a MULTI-BILLION dollar business...Yes that's right... I said "MULTI-BILLION". When it comes to big business, profits and earning are put before consumer safety. In this situation however, regardless of health risk...Vaccine manufacturers have...get this...diplomatic immunity! YEP THAT'S right ladies and gentleman!

Guess who pays for both the cost of vaccines and the cost from the damages they cause... YOU the TAXPAYER! Duhhhh

LOL

USA USA USA

_________________
My name it means nothing
my fortune is less
My future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything I possessed - Now they are gone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 pm
Posts: 626
Location: Virginia
Hello all,

I realize that this thread is a super old one, but I wad thinking about it this week as I am just getting over being very very very sick. for several weeks I noticediI hadn't been feeling great, scratchy throat, coughing,little achy, slight fevers that reduced with Motrin, sneezing, congested etc. first I thought, allergies, since pollen is horrible here right now, then not getting better,I thought bad cold, following week feeling worse,I thought bronchitis. the final week of feeling like total ass, my throat got super sore, could barely swallow, high fever that went away with meds, but spiked back up after a few hours. I worked and continued my normal activities, work,( didn't miss a day) ball practice, band practice, school functions all while living on dayquil, Advil, benadryl. finally last Saturday morning I wokeup with a terrible red rash that hurt and was swollen. All the glands in my neck were swollen and painful and my face had a rash that looked swollen and red,.I decided to go to urgent care since it was weekend. long story short... although I take 16 mgs bupe/ day I was really sick. turned out I'd had strep throat the whole time and if not properly treated, although rare, according to my Dr. it had turned into scarlet fever! the doc at urgent care said he hasn't seen it in years. I asked why and he said most likely because people usually go to the doctor as soon as they get a sore throat and fever well before developing a rash, but I'd let it go so long,I got quite ill. Also a couple months prior,I had an awful cold that put me down... so.....

so while some people rarely get sick while taking opiates,I wasnt one of those lucky few. After a course of anti biotics, I'm feeling much better, but nowhere near back to normal yet! idk why, but being sick as I was just reminded me of this thread and I wanted to post my experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group