It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:57 pm 

Oh Lizzie! Scarlett fever?? You are actually lucky because a strep infection can affect your heart too! I'm glad it didn't get that far. I'm sorry you've been so sick though! If I get a fever that lingers after a couple days I definitely go to the doctor. Because, unlike you, you trooper, if I have a fever I am useless. Totally knocks me down!

I have been very sick several times while on opiates and sub specifically. The latest thing was a stomach virus that came and went pretty quickly. The immune system is complicated and very individual. I don't think you can make blanket statements and have it fit every scenario.

I'm so glad you're better, Lizzie!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there Amy,

thanks so much, im glad to be feeling better also! although I maintained all my normal activities, work, mom taxi, baseball etc..I was quite useless myself, especially that last week. That fever really put me down! it's amazing how crappy the timing is being sick too. I'm no trooper, just no one else to fill in for mom. lol that whole last week was full of important stuff I couldn't miss. my youngest son had his fifth grade graduation Tuesday and then Wednesday both my eighth grade boys had their graduations , by the time I'd settle down for the evening I was balled up in recliner wrapped up in my blanket whining and aching! Thursday night Christian had a big ball game, and I had to help Steve write payroll when we got home. also had ball practice every evening from 5 till around 7:30, and a game on Saturday. by the time Saturday night came around I was a mess, and had no choice...I had to see a doctor, could barely open my mouth or even swallow liquids! yikes!
I was reading about strep throat and also read that left untreated it can cause some serious complications, scary stuff Amy! lesson learned here: from now on when I'm feeling sick, I'm going to the doctor! Whatever I have to put off or miss, even work, will just have to wait until I'm better , or better yet someone else can pitch in and help me out for a change! ;-)