It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi All,

I played college football and started taking pain meds during that time. After college I started in my sales career and hated it and missed college and football and dind't feel good about myself. The pills made me happy, confident, and helped me forget about the things that I thought had gone wrong with my football career and in my life in general. I'll never forget the first time I went through REAL withdrawals...holy hell. I tried to get off cold turkey a few times and always failed. I made it a month one time and still just felt awful.

Suboxone has been a huge blessing. I know I'm not completely out of the woods and all that stuff but damn it I have my life back. I have control. I am more productive, more honest, have more energy, i'm just a better person. I'm down to 1 MG a day which I thought was low until I got on these boards but I guess I have to be honest with myself and face reality. I have a ways to go but I feel so much better than I did when I was on the pills......

I found these boards yesterday and they've already helped me so much. You just need to know you're not alone I suppose. So...lets all get off this stuff together right? Right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with just finding the info but it have already helped so much.

Don't be too hard on yourself, man. Having come far enough to realize you had a problem and needed help is a big deal. I'm new to this place too. Congrats & while the road ahead is long, its sooo much more worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi hawker1,
You are Doing the Right thing as long as your are doing it under a Drs. care and with some form of counseling ??
I Have found the Suboxone medication to be an amazing drug BUT, depending on your use (with pain meds.) you will definately need some counseling to help you thru the process... I was on 300-350 mgs. a day of Oxycodone when I got clean. Now thanks to myself, my Dr., Suboxone, and some counseling I am feeling pretty good! Subox is a powerfull drug and should be used correctly and when done so it works wonders.....
I wish you the best in your Recovery!!!
Please keep us posted,
Best of Luck,
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the community. I run the support group meetings here in CHAT. I would love to have you come by. The meetings are on Mon and Wed evenings from 7:30 - 9pm EST. It is not like AA or NA, but a very supportive atmosphere where you can discuss being on Suboxone.

Glad to see you here and hope you make it to the meeting!