It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all. I need help, not criticism or put downs. So please save that for someone else. I have been on sub’s since July. Started on 16 mg’s and have tapered to 8mg’s a day. My problem, I have had my boyfriend keeping them under lock and key as I have no control. Being an addict I get it into my head that if one is good two is better and so on. I have decided that I wanted control and that I needed to get control. So I got my RX on the 22 of Nov. and I am now down to 7 full 8mg’s and 8 2mg’s as I took some and cut them into 2mg’s thinking that I could take 2mg’s here and there and then on my last 7 days before my next apt on the 22 Dec. It would be all hunk dory. The thing is my BF does not know and I fear the criticism I will get from him. I have let him down so much in the past as it is and it just hurts to think of doing it again…. Why did I do it…..? God if I knew that I would not be here asking for help... This just proves that I cannot control them myself. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Smith jm
Hello and I would agree that is the hardest thing to do is be honest and let our loved one down yet again.
I feel your pain and I also love my hubby so much and hope I never have to hurt him again. I would say maybe try to skip a day in between your dosing. I would think that would not be so hard ( not sure) being the life of the subs are so long. Then maybe you could stretch them til your next appointment. I also think it would be best to give them back to your BF being you proved to yourself that your NOT in control of them and Not ready to dose them yourself.

Wishing you well
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TY I deffently agree I will be giving them back to my BF. It was so much easier that way. I did not even stress over it. I took my daily dose and the world was fine. This stuff really works and keeps clean. So again, why I do what I do???? Just like trying to pull me away from a slot machine... I need to be locked up.. LOL JK thanks again.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You certainly are not the first one to over-take your suboxone and run out at the end of the month. And like it was suggested, you could probably dose every other day and get by with the dose you've been taking. Or you could drop your dose and continue dosing daily. Both are good options.

What you're doing is addictive behavior and it's typical. This is why suboxone is recommended for once daily dosing - take it and forget about it. You're still in the same frame of mind of needing to take something when you feel...well, the "need" for it.

Many of us augment our suboxone treatment with things like meetings, individual therapy, group therapy, addiction counseling, etc. This helps us to learn about such behaviors as well as triggers, cravings, etc. For me, my individual therapy has been the best investment rather than any 12 step program. It's all a matter of what YOU as an individual needs to improve yourself and your life. That's what recovery is all about - at least in my opinion.

But definitely don't feel alone in what you've been experiencing. Most of us have learned the hard way that taking extra suboxone is simply a waste of money and leaves us short.

I hope you have enough to last. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.