It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Neeed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Guess this is my Journal on the trail of reduction. I searched and searched trying to info. about the higher levels of reduction. I mean I took my first 1 mg. without know what it might do.

12 Mg. 3td.

Since, the medication has a stacking effect and we are lowering the tolerance, I chose to begin reduction of one the dose. I also chose to use the 25% reduction to 4mg. then 10% to the jump. I don't want to be doing this reduction for months. I don't have enough suboxone because when my Dr. found out I was quitting she yanked away one pill with no instructions on w/d issues of suboxone. No information about its half life. Just sent me out to sink. So, I am doing this at home under another Dr. who is unable to give suboxone. I don't beleive either that these Dr.'s have a clue about w/d from this medication. And, I would have though the medical company would have come out with a liquid form to help us with tapering by now. Except, I don't think they really ever want us off. Especially, these clinics that make of me in the first phase of treatment over 46,000. Saw me coming and was stuck. But, I digress.

I did try a reduction of 1mg having read of another very successful tapering, I had a little discomfort. A sunburn feeling on different parts of my body. My finger tips hurt to type. And, I am a bit overly emotional. Lastly, I am speedy is all I can think of to call it, being called the energizer bunny syndrome by family. lol... Then feel a bit lethargic. Notice my lower back hurts. But it is very mild. Been a week gonna go to the 25%.

So, I am down to 3.5 mg. 1mg 3.5mg. It is now after the 37 hour half life of first dose change. I am having still the same reactions, and they are as of yet still mild. Hope it stays this way. :)

Please post your Choice of tapering and why. I would have loved this info jumping on the tapering game. Tell about what you are going through at all your stages.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi britianyann - How's your taper going? I'm sorry to see no one responded to this post. Sometimes that happens - a post gets submitted immediately before another and it gets bumped down, so to speak and gets missed that way. Anyway, so I wanted to check in with you and see how your taper was going.

I won't be around to check in on you as I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks, but a couple of tips: Listen to your body as you taper down. It knows what it needs. If it's having trouble adjusting, go slower. If you start to have withdrawals, get some exercise and stay busy and active.

Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.