It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone. I'm 25 and got addicted to Percosets after I had my son from a C-section and they prescribed me to them. I wish someone would have told me how horrible these things really were. I finally after two years went and got help at a clinic. They put me on 1 Suboxone a day and I'm now down to half a day, sometimes less. My insurance is cutting me off in one week exactly (which means, no more clinic) and I'm scared to death. I will not be able to afford this medication anymore after my last ones (I have about 9 left).

I have heard people tell me suboxone is worse then percoset withdrawel and that terrifies me. I have been through percoset withdrawel tons of times and after a week felt better. People are telling me the suboxone withdrawel lasts about a month. I' am a stay at home mom to a 3 year old and I can't just be sick for a month. I tried going cold turkey and on day 2 got so depressed I gave in and took a piece. The chills, the depression and the no energy is horrible. I hate that this happened to me..

Should I start weaning myself and taking small pieces? My DR told me to take one small piece and then the next day not to take anything, and to keep doing that until I'm taking close to nothing. I really need support from people who understand, my fiance knows nothing about it and makes it out to be not serious. Please help me get through this and get off these things. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is there any way you can get back to the clinic before your insurance runs out? Any way at all? If you could get one more months worth of Suboxone before your insurance runs out, it would help.

When you say you were prescribed one Suboxone pill per day, did you mean the 8mg pill? And you're down to about 4mg per day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd definitely try and get a few more, just so you can do a "proper taper"
that would make things much easier on you, in the end.......

here's a couple of things you should read-----

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7449

the link above, is a thread on how to get a LOW, consistent dose, using a hole puncher, and also Glen comes along and explains how he gets down to a HALF a miligram (and less) with an exacto knife.....
if you could get this low, things will go much, much smoother.....

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965
This one is a lil long, but if you just read the first couple of pages, or "skim" them, you will get a glimpse
of what symptoms you can expect worst-case scenerio, jumping from a dose of 6/8 mg or one film a day.
not everyone is the same, and you might NOT experience what this person did, I'm just trying to prepare you,,,,
and get you to re-consider maybe getting just another month's worth of suboxone so you can taper over the next couple
of months......

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296
and here's the "liquid taper method' that alot of people have used, and had much sucess with. it's also a very long thread,
but it has LOADS of information in it.

I really wish you the best of luck, in whatever you decide to do

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Angie, incase you're still around and dreading what's coming up I wanted to offer some insight. Try your best to get down to 2mg a day consistently for atleast a week. I'm not sure how many subs you have let but 1 8mg strip can easily turn into 4 days. 4 not so miserable days. The best advice I can give is don't dread running out. Put yourself in the mindset you want to stop. Use your child as motivation as I have. It's amazing how the human spirit can endure when it has a reason too. Please update us if you're still in crisis. These forums are stocked to the brim with helpful and knowledgeable people.

Best of luck!

WTBF