It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i was seeing a doctor that was giving me suboxone which gave me horrible headaches to the point i was throwing up and everything. i tried explaining to him that i couldnt possibly go on taking it and he refused to switch me to subutex, and not only that but i was having trouble paying for the suboxone. i also was prescribed xanax for my anxiety but i cant find a doctor that will give me subutex then alone give me xanax with them. please help!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:17 pm 

I'm afraid that I don't have much help for you.

Most sub doctors are of the opinion that subutex should only be prescribed for women who are pregnant. Many doctors will not prescribe Xanax to their suboxone patients.

If you call a doctor's practice and ask these questions you will probably be told NO. Even if they do sometimes prescribe subutex to folks who seem to have an allergy/intolerance to naloxone, they will not advertise it.

My honest opinion is that you would have to go through being induced on suboxone, reporting back your symptoms for a while, before a doctor would switch you.

One thing that folks do to keep from allowing the naloxone entering the blood stream is to spit out the saliva after the sub dissolves. Naloxone is not absorbed through the mucus membranes of your mouth, but in your stomach. This has helped many folks who get headaches from naloxone!

I am prescribed Xanax for panic attacks by my sub doctor, but I don't think this is the norm. One reason he continues to prescribe it, however, is because I only run out of 30 pills every few months. (Just having them available is usually enough to keep me from having to actually use them.) I don't think he would prescribe it if I wanted to use it as a daily medication.

Dr. Junig, who created our forum, is a psychiatrist. He has written an article about problems with benzos.

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/the-pro ... iazepines/

I hope this information is helpful to you and I hope you find the help you seek.

Amy