It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I need support...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think joining the forum is a step in the wrong direction. I am so ready to quit this stuff. I was down to 6mg a day about a year ago and had a motorcycle wreck. I use suboxone instead of getting back on the pain killers, which is were I started. I take 4mg three times a day and I just can't make myself go down to the next level. Any tips other than man the fuck up?
Thanks
Lamerjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are a lot of good tips in the taper threads. I didn't taper so I have no great advice other than to look at those if you don't have time to wait for a good response here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Lamerjay -

If you are checking back, maybe you could tell us what you have tried that you could not do. For instance did you just try to stop and hit wd's? Did you take the same dose every day, but just reduce one dose by 1mg ( a little sliver) and see how that went?

It seems that there are plenty of folks that do the best on a slow/easy taper. Diary of a Quitter has a good thread about taper.

Just curious what you tried that failed.

Welcome, and I hope you did not join the wrong forum. Most of us here are pretty honest about our Drug of Choice addiction, and how suboxone is a tool to help us get free.

Naturally there are other questions, such as, what outside support you have received while on suboxone (or has it just been a pill under the tongue - nothing else?) Joining forums like this, visiting with therapists, doctors, all help - and are tools.

Please keep us posted.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: right direction
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Let me first say that I meant joining the forum is a step in the right direction. Not much outside help. Just the meds. I do let them disolve and hold them in my mouth for 15 minutes or more each dose.

I tried to quit cold turkey awhile back and it was 6 days of misery and I almost jumped back to some pain meds so I figured I wasn't ready yet and got back on suboxone.

My main problem now is will power. I have a hard time not keeping a little buzz. I need to get past that hump!