It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Need support
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Don't take extra sub!!!

Your job is to get through to tonight and come back on here to tell us that you didn't take extra!

I expect to see your post later today!!!

(Did that help?)

Amy

Yes, that helped Amy (and "not"subuser). Thank you for holding me accountable! I have not exceeded .5mg today, and tomorrow I am really going to try another drop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:37 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey RCA, you sound like me. It is good you are admitting you dont need it (that helped me too).

What "schedule" are you on?

Can anyone on here tell me a good schedule? I am back to .5 now but need to know what is recommended to reduce (every 2 weeks, 10 days, 7 days, 4 days)? I dont want to do this too fast but I also dont want to drag this out.

I have the sub taper guide that splits a .25 into 4's. I was thinking of reducing one tiny corner of the .25 at night (split my dose twice a day) or reduce it by half (.25 in morning then .15 later)>

But need to know what is a good plan inbetween (how long between drops)>?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi karen,

Thought I would chip in my 2 cents worth here :)

I tried to taper a few years ago with a "plan" and it did not work out well at all. I was forcing myself to drop even when I didn't feel like it....anyway, ended up sick.

This time, I don't have a "plan" and am listening to my body and mental outlook. Right now, I am at 2 mgs/day and really looking forward to the day I can drop to 1.75. If I could, I would do it tomorrow but I know my body and mind are not ready yet...if that makes sense. Still having some "sweats" and "leg aches" here and there and I can just tell that I am not physically ready for the next drop. What frightens me even more than physical withdrawal is mental withdrawal, i.e., depression/anxiety...so I would rather take longer and avoid those if at all possible!

Since the taper process when you get to 2 mgs and under is critically related to what withdrawal symptoms you are having, you are probably the only one who can make that decision of when you should drop and how much. I've read that the lower your dose, the smaller the drops should be and personally, my minimum time-frame would be at least two weeks due to the long half-life of Sub.

Maybe someone else here will have some experience that will help you! I'm so jealous of your being at .5! That is just awesome. You are doing a fabulous job.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Karen and Aqua,

From what I have read and experienced so far, tapering and jumping successfully can be done a number of ways, on a number of different "schedules" or "non-schedules". For me what has been working (so far) is staying at each drop for 3 weeks. When I first started tapering from 12mgs, I wrote out a long term plan on my calendar, and when I got to June on the calendar and wrote down ".5mgs" I thought that was just a dream, and I didn't really know if I could do it as I had tried many many times to quit subs before, (but I didn't know about tapering and this site so tried to jump from too high a dose). And now its June and I'm only taking .5mgs! The mental part also freaks me out, but I have found exercising in the mornings regularly (as much of a drag as that can be to get going) has really helped with my mood and outlook. So, I believe that my brain is "healing" somewhat, even though I am still taking the .5mgs. Keep posting, and figure out what is going to work for you; keep making progress, sometimes "slow and steady wins the race"!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm just now catching up on this thread. Great Job staying at .5mg!!!

Stifling that "I want to feel good feeling" is so hard, but you did it!! WOW!! You folks who are able to taper and fight off those feelings while having Suboxone at hand just impress the heck outta me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've lost track of how many days I've been at .5mgs, and I feel a little like I'm drifting with no real direction today. Thought I was truly stable at this dose, but had major sleep issues last night, wide awake and jumpy in my skin from midnight until I broke down at 2am and took a small sliver, not sure how much but less than .25mg. After about an hour was able to relax, and today is a new day, but I am a little disappointed in myself. WTF is wrong with me?? Still exercising in the mornings, my appetite is pretty much gone, but have been drinking a couple of boosts a day and taking supplements. Jeans getting baggy, but that is not a bad thing. No other stomach issues, so why don't I try another drop? I feel like a wimp today. Think I'll go put on my headphones and go for a looooong walk to see if that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea great job rca, .5 is big. I found the once you drop the .4 make the w/d are a lot easier. They don't last but 12-24 and go away quick, maybe just me .
there is a beautiful world out, just find it..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaSMROk-D-A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:08 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks DB for the inspiration ; that song is truly beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member who is tapering of bupe after 8 years of maintainance.. bear in mind that eng. is not my 1st language so sorry about any mistakes..just wanted to share my story and looking for some support and feel not so alone in all this..

So after 8 miserable yrs I finally feel strong and driven enough to taper of this stuff that has really made me a slave..just like most of us :) ..(in my country they don't really subscribe suboxone or subutex anymore..but buprenorphyne tablets)..I don't have to pay for it but am still a slave of the drug fro too long..it has changed me..got me to slowly dissocialize from my friends and life generally..I want to feel again..highs and lows..
I've been as high as 8mg for 2 yrs..last year i have spent on 3 to 4 mg.. and last moth finally decided to start tapering (got my doc to get me on 2mg tablets)..
I'am at 2 mg per day at the moment but find it quite difficult to take only 2 doses per day..I usually divided my doses into 3 and its become an issue..
When I do take 2 doses daily per 1mg i tend to wake up at around 4 at night with heart beating faster and no chance to continue sleeping, as if I missed a dose for the day and it makes me feel guilty as hell bcs it's the same dose that I'm taking yet a lot harder psychologically and physicaly to do.. I feel guilty bcs it feels like cheating myself..and it actually seems it would be easier to go to 1,5 mg daily (in 3 doses) than 2mg (in 2 doses daily)..looks like this is the harder part to get to only 2 doses daily..
.. anyway I am really driven to succeed this time so please share your advice and help..thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey fuser, thanks for sharing! I posted more on your thread. I'm wondering what country you are from? I used to travel a lot with my work, and lived in Europe for awhile. You can private message me if you'd rather :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:27 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Today I'm feeling way more stable at .5mgs. Yea! :D I'm still waking up really early, but getting 4-6 hours sleep a night which I can live with for now. It is early morning now, and since I took my second dose a little earlier than normal yesterday, it's been about 16 hours and I'm really ok. Small wds, nothing to wine too much about. I really want to try another drop....just getting my courage up! I think I'll try .375mgs today, split into .25mgs and .125 and see how it goes....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey you may want to consider 10 percent drops. That is what I'm doing. I'm at .437 and feel better than .5. I'm just trying to work out duration between drops for me. Since I went awhile skipping days early May then leveling at .5 was too much for me. I think I could have leveled lower so didn't want to stay at .5 too long. I feel I already did so may drop more to get me back where I feel I should be. But I believe in the 10 percent drop rule it makes the drops smoother. Going from .25 to .125 is 50 percent drop if you split your doses ( ie .half of your .25 dose). But whatever you feel is right. People on here are jumping at 2mg so what do I know ... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:36 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rca you are getting to the point you will fell every drop very quick. the w/d do not last and are not even close to as strong, once you get below .4 I think. But I think its that way from 1mg down so im sure you are somewhat getting used to the feelings. they say .25 is bottom threshold, don't know, but I stopped at .3 because it was not helping me at all anymore. I think it helps with the longer drawn out effect if you taper down that low ie paws. just my 2 cents, great work

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey DB and Karen; thanks for the encouragement and advice- it helps!

Another milestone to report this morning! Yesterday I DID take only .25mgs in the morning and .125 in the afternoon, AND slept about 5 hours! So, (Drum roll please....)

Day 1 at .375mgs
I understand how dropping only 10% at this point would probably make the transitions easier, but I'm having enough trouble trying to split into these small pieces at this point, and not smart enough to figure out 10% drops! lol
Since I am cutting up 8mg strips, and every drop makes them last longer, I know that even if I'm not getting my cuts "perfect", over the long run I am definitely putting less subs in my body, and I can see my doses getting smaller and smaller.

I have resigned myself to waking up around 4am each day for awhile(it's 5am now). I'm actually enjoying the peace, quiet and privacy around the house, plus have gotten into a little routine of getting my coffee and catching up on peoples posts, then writing my own. As, I think it was trainer who said something like, "Just posting is therapeutic even if no one is reading it". I agree. After posting I still have time to get some exercise before work, so I'm trying to use the sleep issue to my advantage.

As far as wds this morning, since I just dropped yesterday I'm sure I'm not feeling the effects quite yet, maybe a little more jittery, kicky feeling this morning than other mornings, but I am NOT sick. No sweats, no runny eyes or nose, no sneezing, no depression. I think it is good to take an honest inventory to differentiate between WANTING a dose and NEEDING a dose. I'm going to try to hold off as long as I can this morning to help give me strength later today because I would really like to post tomorrow that I stayed at .375mgs. My kids come home from their grandparents this afternoon, so my 5 days of only caring for myself are almost over...but I sure do miss them a lot, so hope I will have the energy and state of mind to be the mom they deserve over these coming days.

Here is my favorite quote: "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi
I pray I can encompass that "change" I'd like to see every day; more loving, more forgiving, more patient, more joyful.
rca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wonderful outlook! I found staying preoccupied helps so much and you forget about how you feel. With your kids coming home, your mind will be busy with them. No time to think about your drop. Day 7 sub free for me! A full week and I already feel almost....dare I say......NORMAL! gasp! Slight withdrawal feelings here and there but they dont last long. Yay!

You got this. Remember, warrior state of mind!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on a day at .375mg!!

I have to agree with Trainer, you seem to have a great outlook and that no doubt that helps you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:25 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rca DOES have an incredibly positive attitude! rca, you really give me hope that I can follow in your footsteps! One day at a time...

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This morning I'm feeling grateful for this forum, the encouragement, friendship, humor (When things get tough, keeping a sense of humor can really help, and I have read some real "LOL" posts here - feels good to really start laughing again, so thank you!)

Day 2 at, get ready for it, ---- .375mgs!!!

As I already have 2 days at this dose under my belt, I'm actually embarking on day 3, but have decided not to count it until I have actually accomplished it. I hope my journey at this point in my taper can really encourage others that they can do it too. Remember I was a looooooong time sub user (almost 8 years! ug!), and over those years I tried and failed many many times to quit. This forum has been answered prayers for me, because I'd almost given up hope, and now have found the knowledge and encouragement needed to actually DO it! Now that I have "survived" 2 days this low, I know there is no reason to turn back.

The only wds in addition to the sleep issues and "jiggy" feelings I've already accepted as something I can live with for now, is that yesterday afternoon my nose and eyes started running (but I caught them - HA), and I actually thought "good! that is some evidence that I have actually dropped again!"
I've upped my exercise to twice a day, morning and evening. This may sound crazy while going through wds, but I have found this my "secret weapon" to fight off depression and keep my mind and body busy and not obsessing about every little symptom. I believe it is also still helping me get some sleep. My kids griped a little when I left for the gym yesterday evening, but I reminded them that if they want a healthy, happy mama, then I must take care of myself as well as them. They of course have NO idea what I'm going through right now, and masking that is a bit tricky, but we mothers must stay strong!!!!

So, today is the day the wds are supposed to get the worst from what I've read, but this morning I have not dosed yet (5:00am now) and feel pretty similar to yesterday's "inventory", so will try to hold off again as long as possible. I think I will try the smaller, .125mg dose in the morning today, and the .25mgs closer to bedtime to help me make it through the night and hopefully get a few more hours of zzzzzs.

I feel the drug "cocoon" falling away, the sun is drying my wings, and I'm almost ready to fly!!

Keep posting and focus on the positive!!
rca

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ok, now you are pushing me too. I choose today to also be at .375. I took .25 this morning and will only take the .125 tonight.

Maybe if I do this along with someone on exact dose I will stay the course.

BTW, I was using the sub taper guide (you can find it on one of the sticky's I think). You print it out and you can place the sub film (8mg or 2mg) as it has a graph for both. It has lines that you can mark on the film itself when you place the film over the graph (the sub films are transparent enough you can see the lines under it). I can cut really easy now with tiny scissors But I agree, if you can go .375 why not. I really dont think the 10% I did was much difference than .5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Karen123 wrote:
ok, now you are pushing me too. I choose today to also be at .375. I took .25 this morning and will only take the .125 tonight.

Maybe if I do this along with someone on exact dose I will stay the course.

BTW, I was using the sub taper guide (you can find it on one of the sticky's I think). You print it out and you can place the sub film (8mg or 2mg) as it has a graph for both. It has lines that you can mark on the film itself when you place the film over the graph (the sub films are transparent enough you can see the lines under it). I can cut really easy now with tiny scissors But I agree, if you can go .375 why not. I really dont think the 10% I did was much difference than .5

Hey Karen! Great, go for it if you feel ready. No one but you can tell you when to do this I feel. Thanks for the info on the taper guide; I looked, but couldn't find it and am just getting ready to cut another strip. Was going to put the pieces in one of those weekly pill/ vitamin containers so I have a visual motivator of what I'm aloud each day so I won't be tempted to "cheat". Can you post the link on my thread, or tell me exactly where you found it?? Thanks and good luck- let us know how it goes!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next