It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Need support
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks as always for the kind advice Romeo :)

Since I joined this forum about 3 weeks ago, I have done 2 x 50% drops, so I think I qualify for using the clonidine, and I am being careful and only using at the end of the day and not too much, just to get through the night. Since I don't have any other comfort meds right now, I'm really relieved the clonidine is helping....hopefully I'm near the end of all these meds anyway!!!

Sweet dreams!
rca

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Romeo wrote:
I'm glad you were able to get some Clonodine, it makes a big difference. I would suggest you only use Clonodine when your wd symptoms act up, as in when you drop your dose. It seems to be more effective when used that way.

yea that stuff really did work, I dropped out my own B/P meds and relied on them. Make sure you stay hydrated so your b/p doesn't fall.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm glad the clonodine is helping too! What I hate more than anything is the feeling that you want to crawl out of your own skin, and simultaneously sweating! Clonodine definitely reduces that by at least 50%, depending on how much you take. Keep on keeping on!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:35 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rca1004 wrote:
Thanks as always for the kind advice Romeo :)

Since I joined this forum about 3 weeks ago, I have done 2 x 50% drops, so I think I qualify for using the clonidine, and I am being careful and only using at the end of the day and not too much, just to get through the night. Since I don't have any other comfort meds right now, I'm really relieved the clonidine is helping....hopefully I'm near the end of all these meds anyway!!!

Sweet dreams!
rca

great work on those drops, I think you are going doing great. I don't think you to have many issues stopping.:!:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks DB; Knowing you are doing it and still feel well enough and positive enough to encourage others helps me think that I can do it too!!

I have stayed at .5 now for another 2 days straight. I slept fairly well and did not feel like I "had" to take a dose when I woke up, so I'm hopeful that I have stabilized now at .5mg. It has been 8 days since I dropped from 1mg.
My only "complaint" today is that my energy is down. I feel kind of "blah" and have to drag myself around to do what needs to get done. I don't know if that feeling is withdrawal or side effect of clonodine. Yesterday I took 1/2 a clonodine at about 4pm, then a whole one about 10pm. I haven't taken any since, and am going to try not to take any today until right before bed, and then just 1/2 to help with sleep. Hopefully then I will have more energy Monday (if indeed it is the clonodine that has made me drag)

I'm also feeling a little low mentally, but nothing I can't handle as long as I know it won't last forever....right?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:23 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rca1004 wrote:
thanks DB; Knowing you are doing it and still feel well enough and positive enough to encourage others helps me think that I can do it too!!

I have stayed at .5 now for another 2 days straight. I slept fairly well and did not feel like I "had" to take a dose when I woke up, so I'm hopeful that I have stabilized now at .5mg. It has been 8 days since I dropped from 1mg.
My only "complaint" today is that my energy is down. I feel kind of "blah" and have to drag myself around to do what needs to get done. I don't know if that feeling is withdrawal or side effect of clonodine. Yesterday I took 1/2 a clonodine at about 4pm, then a whole one about 10pm. I haven't taken any since, and am going to try not to take any today until right before bed, and then just 1/2 to help with sleep. Hopefully then I will have more energy Monday (if indeed it is the clonodine that has made me drag)

I'm also feeling a little low mentally, but nothing I can't handle as long as I know it won't last forever....right?

your doing great, I quote romeo a lot because he has help so many, me being one of them. You will find yourself in this, I don't know how you will but you will. you have to set you mind to nothing will stop me, as my dad said, and I am not a spring chick, " what are you doing kid, that shit would have to kill me, why be sick." little did he know I how I felt but it was true. I plugged my mind set to that, with a taper because I knew better. I didn't care how sick I was I just kept rolling I would give myself one or 2 days to recover and drop again. I hated it but it worked, I thought I would never be well. once you get that down and it sounds like you have the overall drop off is not bad. I dropped at .3 I had 5-7 days of dropping felling not like straight off and opiate felling. It was not fun but, but totally do able, THE MIND SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APmUWC8S1_M

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just remember "this too shall pass", and all of these feelings/symptoms are temporary. You are doing amazing!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:48 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how are you

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

dirtyblonde wrote:
how are you

Hey; thanks for checking :) That is really sweet, and helps.
I'm actually doing much better. I have forced myself to exercise in the mornings the last couple of days, and I feel much better. Plus back to work, and as tough as that can be, I'm sure it is helping keep my mind off of myself.
I'm feeling stable today at .5. No depression today at all, and I feel like I can do this! Mind set, right???

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This is day 10 of dropping (or attempting to drop) from 1mg to .5mg and today I really feel stable. The day or so of depression has just "vanished" (knock wood). I'm posting now while I feel positive, and might need to read it later if the blues set in again to remind myself it is not permanent!

I think keeping busy, exercise, music and especially the kind people I have been lucky enough to connect with on this forum have helped me SO SO much thus far.
One of my concerns on my "down" day was that I had really damaged my brain so much that I was going to feel depressed for a long long time, or even permanently and that after jumping I wouldn't feel any happiness for months and months. Well, after some thought, discussions, and reading more posts, I think that is just ridiculous. I am more motivated today to just keep getting as healthy as I can, then taking the "jump" when I stabilize at the lowest dose I can. It may not be June 1 as I was planning...I think I need a little more time, but I WILL DO IT!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rca1004 wrote:
This is day 10 of dropping (or attempting to drop) from 1mg to .5mg and today I really feel stable. The day or so of depression has just "vanished" (knock wood). I'm posting now while I feel positive, and might need to read it later if the blues set in again to remind myself it is not permanent!

I think keeping busy, exercise, music and especially the kind people I have been lucky enough to connect with on this forum have helped me SO SO much thus far.
One of my concerns on my "down" day was that I had really damaged my brain so much that I was going to feel depressed for a long long time, or even permanently and that after jumping I wouldn't feel any happiness for months and months. Well, after some thought, discussions, and reading more posts, I think that is just ridiculous. I am more motivated today to just keep getting as healthy as I can, then taking the "jump" when I stabilize at the lowest dose I can. It may not be June 1 as I was planning...I think I need a little more time, but I WILL DO IT!!!

great job and mindset, give it a few more days for stability. then have at it again. it gets better in my mind once you break .4 , you drops and recovery time will become much easier at that point. JMO but I would try to go to .2.5, to minimize PAWS. It will be here before you know it, GREAT WORK, this shit is not easy, but do able. keep busy, you so have this!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYEyCDRHmE

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow! It's been 10 days already?!?!? That's huge! I understand the fear of thinking you've done permanent damage to your brain, but remember it's just fear and not truth. I've come off a 7+ year run before and I distinctly remember the first time I laughed, but like really laughed one of those belly laughs. I remember thinking how good it felt and how I hadn't experienced that for so long. You are doing amazingly and helping and inspiring me in the process!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Quick update-
Today was a good day; holding steady at .5mg and feeling fine. Had a busy day and my mind was entertained which definitely helps. Went running in the morning 3 days in a row now, and I really think I am getting a little bit of endorphin from that (maybe just in my mind, but I feel way better than the days I didn't run or work out). Sleep is still a little tricky; not getting more than 6 hours max, but I can live with that for a while.
Today I am grateful and hopeful! Thanks for listening :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Today only took .25mg, and not until 1pm. Not feeling too badly, just a little anxious and a little mentally jumbled, but physically I'm not having any other symptoms which I think is weird...I'm not sure whether to try not to take anymore today, or to go ahead and take another .25 before bed, so I don't get hit hard later....just not sure what the best thing to do is. I'd like to get the subs OUT of my system, but still afraid of bad wds...probably over thinking this, but I'm just ready for this to be over and trying to do it successfully.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I were you, I'd take the .25mg or try cutting it in half and taking .125mg before bed. Otherwise, you would be cutting your .5mg daily dose in half (which is big) by only taking .25mg today. Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, progress, not perfection.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:08 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So, tomorrow is June 1, the day I had said I was going to jump.....yeah, that is not happening tomorrow, but it will happen. Stabilizing at .5mgs has been more difficult than my other drops, but not horrible. Good news is I have done 4 straight days without even going a little over that dosage so hopefully my body is finally adjusting. It has been 2wks I think. I stopped counting days, and I think that is also a good sign.

The worst symptom I've had is trouble sleeping, but I've found that if I can hold off until around noon for my first dose, then take my second at bedtime with 1/2 clonodine, I'm able to get at least 4 or 5 hours of sleep. If I wake up in the middle of the night wide awake, I take another 1/2 clonodine and that helps me get a little more rest. I'm just posting all those details in case it might help someone else who is having sleep issues. Then in the early morning I've been getting my exercise which is helping with mood, and probably sleep as well. Not easy to get my butt in gear, but I'm always glad I did it, and I've seen some beautiful sunrises this past week!

So, today I have to decide, do I stay at .5mgs, or drop a little...I think I will just take a little bit off from each of the 2 X .25mg doses I've been taking and see how I feel tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:27 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi RCA, you posted on my thread. I wanted to say thank you and support you since we are both close in dose. I am at .5 as well. Honestly, I am somewhat disappointed in myself as I think I may be able to get away with less but I take the extra .25 in late afternoon in fear of the evening. Tonight, I am going to try to reduce 10% as so many suggest.

It has helped me to use the sub taper "guide". It is a paper that has the sub tabs pre measured so you can cut accurately. Funny, for the last 6 years been asking folk's on various boards for advice on cutting and never saw this until this past couple weeks. Wish I would have had this years ago. I am on tabs now because I was too frustrated with the 2mg pills not being able to get them concise below 1mg. Tried the water method but that didnt work out for me.

Anyway, I think I may try to reduce 10% tonight. I was going to go 10 days but between me stopping sub a couple weeks ago, cheating alittle with T3s, then playing around where some days I would go .25 some days .5...I leveled at .5 to get back to a consistent schedule. Unfortunately, I didnt do as well as some when I tried to stop. I am at the point though where I believe that needed to happen as I "thought" I was ready but realize that even what I went through was a God's way of helping me wean into the withdrawals. I think all the issues I had with being sick..etc were part of my journey off sub. I now have more determination (I hope) and feel I am less scared to stop as I have somewhat experience in what it means. That may sound weird since I am back at .5 but I feel the pain I felt was not in vain as my relationship with God is stronger and as a result I have more "resolve". I appreciate Sub more but also pain more. We will continue ...

I just pray I will not get too comfortable as once back on a steady dose i have a tendancy to get too comfortable.

If you want to try this together I think we can inspire each other. I think you are about my same age, a woman (if I have that wrong, let me know) and I also have a child - although mine is 18 and leaving for college this summer. May not be your situation but (for me) this is year of extreme change for me (lost my job late April, daughter moving to west coast and Im alone now). BUT, this is also an opportunity.

Anyway, do you have a schedule or more letting your body tell you the drops? I stayed at 1mg for a long time (too long). Whatever works for you so no pressure if you want to take it super slow.

Im not quite sure how I am going to proceed in terms of schedule. I need a determined schedule or I will get lazy so trying to keep reducing. anyway, hope everything goes great with you. Keep posting and thank you for your encouragement on my thread,.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well, I've been very steady at .5mg for quite a few days now, and suddenly this afternoon I am jonesing for a dose to pick up my energy. I'm not even sick at all; had a good work out this morning, but now my arms and legs feel like led, and I'm thinking of taking a little sub just to make me feel "better" even when I don't feel really "bad", and i don't want to ruin my progress, so I'm posting about it now, hoping that will help and I will be strong.....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm 

Don't take extra sub!!!

Your job is to get through to tonight and come back on here to tell us that you didn't take extra!

I expect to see your post later today!!!

(Did that help?)

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What Amy said!!! You have just admitted you dont need it. :-) keep up the good work rca.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next