It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Need support
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

m0jitoMan wrote:
Well, I'm twelve days off around 1 mg. I have to be honest, i feel normal. A Little slugish but thats it. You just have to get past the mental side of it which for most i would assume, is the first three days. Its all mental rca, your gonna feel great and its going to be a huge relief.!! Ttyl

Thank you m0-Man- that is encouraging!!!! I am doing my "mental push ups" right now to help prepare for these next few days....

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
I know that you have been doing anything and everything in order to prep yourself to jump; i.e. exercise, tapering, posting, etc. I can tell you that the symptoms aren't that bad, and nothing new from what we've already experienced during our taper. I always keep trainer in mind, and she said that she felt a hell of a lot better at about 14/15 days, and she jumped at 2mg cold turkey! It sounds like you have comfort meds, and you are at a much lower dose (as was I) so I think you could definitely handle it! BUT...don't feel bad if you have to jump on a little while longer, as I recently did (but then jumped again :roll: ). You know that whatever you decide you have a whole bunch of people here who will support you no matter what!!

Hey Mama, yes, I am confident that the preparation and healthy choices we have been making will help my jump be a little less physically challenging....it is the "mental" part that does worry me a bit...but I know that although I am "human" and definately have my "weaknesses" and "weak moments", at my "core", I am a very strong woman, with a rock solid faith, and I know I can do most anything I put my mind to....I just need to "put my mind" 150% into this jump, and re-focus any negative thoughts quickly before they "spin" out of control. I have time to "deal" with shit later...for today, I will "think happy thoughts!" :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
RCA, since we got on a tangent about spirituality, the Universal Mind, and related mysteries elsewhere... do you think there is any possibility of a Jungianish, synchronicity-like thing happening? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity). As oddly enough, I go by another name when off-screen, that's not "boop or no_boop". And to further implicate my often self-centered self, that other name is my given name, which is "Gordie", which sounds somewhat similar, even though it is not un-Gordie or Gordie-un.

So perhaps I really will get that "Discipline" tat. Where, I dunno, but perhaps on my right bicep after the day arrives to celebrate the final mending of my right arm, so as a bonus, I can watch it grow to become more and more intractable in size, if I ever get to the gym.

Yes, Gordie (un), I believe the Universe is speaking to you...you most certainly are a "Gordian Knot"....A fascinating puzzle! Get the tat! And watch it grow! :D

Sleep deprivation makes me weird. I got a few hours in tho, and made it up by noon. I looked up the pattern, and there is controversy over whether or not it is a Celtic knot or a Gordian knot:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/l ... st-4727030

I like the new avatar and username! *throws a stick of butter out apt window and watches it fly towards noisy landscapers*

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RCA<-->ButterFLYING.. If you wanted to, you could probably ask the moderators to close this thread (maybe they will if it doesn't conflict with any forum rules) and end it with a link (and a personal segue) to your new thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:33 pm 

Yes! Just let me know if you want this one closed with a link to your new thread! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Yes! Just let me know if you want this one closed with a link to your new thread! :)

Amy

Hi Amy, thank you. I was wondering though, if I "close" this thread, what if "someone" someday is effected by something someone else (or I) posted in this thread? If it is "closed" will they be able to post on it?? I know I said I wouldn't be posting on this thread again, but I would read what was posted....now I am re-thinking that...I just don't want to "close" off possibilities for future communication that just might be helpful to me or "someone" "someday", KWIM? What do you think?

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:41 am 

Keeping this thread open is not a problem. I will provide a link to your new thread at the end of this post. However, since this thread will still be open, if people post after me then the link could get kind of buried. I suggest that you keep an eye on this thread and post a link to your new thread every few posts so that people can easily find it. To post a link to your new thread just go to your new thread first, highlight and copy the address of that thread, then go back to your old thread and paste the address into a new post.

Here is the link to your new thread: flying-towards-freedom-t10531.html

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13