It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Need support
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are sounding very positive. There is a thread on here...help with withdrawals. I think it lists what can help. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Not counting days at 1mg anymore, which I guess is a good sign. I'm not sick, but not sleeping well. Woke up at 3am for the day and now am pretty wiped out. I did use some of the extra time this morning to put my headphones on and go for a walk watching the sun rise. I did not feel like leaving the house, but am going through the motions (fake it til you make it). At work today I was told in the morning that my boss needed to see me in the afternoon. Of course I was sure I was in some type of trouble and felt that sinking sick guilty feeling trying to figure out what I possibly could have done wrong and was worried all morning. Turns out my boss needed a favor from me! I worked myself up for nothing. Those feelings were uncomfortable, but I survived, and am relieved I was not in any kind of trouble. I need to remember to think more positively about myself!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My boss seems to like doing the same thing to me, rca. I've come to realize that if I'm in trouble, he'll let me know pronto, if I've done something good, he takes his time letting me know. :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Almost 2 weeks at 1mg and I'm feeling pretty well! I almost didn't take my last sliver of my dose today because I didn't feel like I needed it, but then I remembered I need sleep and have found that after about 12 hours of my dose I can't sleep. Today I'm feeling pretty positive about dropping to .5 mg on the weekend, but do have a concern and question.
1. I do not have any clonodine, and this is the one thing many people say helps a lot. I do not want to go to a doctor (too stubborn...or maybe stupid). Has anyone tapered and quit without clonodine?
2. I have some trazadone. Would this help? I have been taking a little Xanax when I couldn't sleep, but only have 2 doses left and want to save until absolutely needed.
Hang in there everyone who is tapering or recently jumped! I want to read more success stories!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:55 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

man the most w/d I ever had with subs was like 1.25 1 mg and down beyond that,but many of us had the choice to taper/did not have the will power/were scared shitless. ect. but there are some that stop at high doses and have very few issues. I sucks but its manageable. I dropped at.3 and am not having too bad of a time. I just need to stay busy. it comes in waves like every 2-3 hour for 30min I cant tell you the symptom because they change. My worst is the stomach bomb. I hate it, but everyone has a different one. I feel tomorrow it will drop to 4-6 hour maybe 8 hours in-between to get thru it, but I will make it, if I go back a bit(dam I hope not) this will be over soon. then come some of my own personal challenges. but I will take it one day at a time.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

TGIF!!!
I'm feeling absolutely stable at 1mg. In retrospect, piece of cake...but I do understand that this is a powerful drug and I have a ways to go...
I'm trying to sike myself up to drop to .5 tomorrow. I don't think I want to do a slower taper if I can stand it, as I'd rather get through it than draw it out...we'll see how it goes.
Lot of emotions coming up...anxiety....anger over things that happened years and years ago but I can't seem to let go....worry about the future...I'm telling myself that everything is just heightened now, and I will feel more balanced eventually.
Also, more positive feelings...I find I'm laughing more, and enjoying my kids and others more, and music (I used to be a professional singer) is speaking to me again. So, more pros than cons, definitely. I do need to work on finding a positive way to handle the stress...going to have to get up earlier to get work outs in daily..
Hope everyone has a positive weekend!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That resurgence of emotions happens to many of us as we taper low or jump. The new/strong emotions can be a bit overwhelming, but like you said, you learn how to deal with them and you'll feel more even in a little while.

Isn't it great how amazing music sounds again? I remember when I jumped and how I rediscovered music and was shocked at how different songs sounded. Songs I had heard my whole life all of sudden rocked my socks off. It's great!!

Good luck at .5mg!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, Romeo, it is amazing to start to feel and hear music, as well as feel a lot of other things as "the fog" starts to lift....I wonder how much of a fog I am still in, or if most of it has gone??

Day 1 at .5 (Down from 1mg- another 50% drop)

I split .5 into two pieces. Took one at 8am-ish then kept busy as I could all day; took the 2nd at 5:30pm; It will be interesting to see if I sleep through the night; I probably should have waited until 8pm, but what is done is done. I'm supposing tonight won't be too bad since this is just day one. I don't have a big day tomorrow (besides lots and lots of laundry), so I think I should be ok....

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well, I was right, I should have waited longer on that second dose! I have been trying to focus on the positive on this board, as I have gotten a little freaked out when I read some posts where people were having a really hard time with the wds, but I also need to be honest and say that last night did not go as well as I expected. Maybe because I do not have clonodine?? Anyway, I did not expect to feel any difference yet, but after taking my second to last dose of Xanax to help with anxiety and sleep, I slept from about 9ish but woke up wide awake at 11:30ish feeling all heebidy jeebidy creepy crawly. There was no way sleep was going to come again in that condition for me, so I waited until midnight (technically the next day, right?) and took another .5 mg. Then took a hot bath which helped until the sub kicked in. Slept soundly from 3ish to 7:30 and woke up still feeling fine, and feel fine now at 9am. I am going to hold off today as long as possible; maybe take .5mg at noon today, then .5 right before bed to get through the night. I'd rather feel creepy crawly during the day when it is normal to be up and moving than in the middle of the night! Plus decent sleep is so important to will power and decision making. Going to go for a jog, listen to some music, and attack the laundry monster trailing down my hallway!
Onward! More later!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:11 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

you have got the right Idea. anything to keep your mind occupied will help. try the 10-20% drops they are a little easier to handle.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, I think 50% at this level is a bit much...but I'm still going to try today, since I'm doing pretty well today.
At 11am I took .25 (11 hours after last .25). Went for a bike ride today, finished house work, now I have some down time before I make supper, so writing just to keep my mind busy. I feel ok, probably because after a little spat with my husband I took my last dose of Xanax!! (still avoiding uncomfortable feelings!!), but have held off on the subs.
I want to wait until at least 8 or 9pm and see if I can make it through the night...back to work tomorrow..ugh!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

give your self some time to level out, like a good week or 2, then re-eval it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

dirtyblonde wrote:
give your self some time to level out, like a good week or 2, then re-eval it.

Thanks DB, I know that is good advice. Tomorrow will be day 3 of "trying" to stay at .5. We shall see what tomorrow brings...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ok, so far so good!
Saturday: .75 spread out pretty evenly over 24hrs
Sunday: .5mg (Hurray!)
Monday: .5mg (double Hurray!)

Today was the first day in many years I have not taken any sub. while at work. This was kind of a milestone for me. It means that I NEVER have to take this drug to work with me AGAIN!!
Took .25 at 7am, worked, bought groceries, came home, and just took .25 so I am not too irritable with my family. Still have to make dinner....

I feel ok, and this is day 3 where I'm supposed to really feel it, right? I think what is helping me is waiting 10 to 12 hours between doses. Anyone reading this who is also tapering, might want to try that. Oh, another milestone for me is only dosing 2 times a day, and not 3 times which I have also been doing for years...

My challenge now is that I have zero comfort meds, unless you count Midol and ZZzquill! :? hope to make it until morning....

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

great work, that was how it was for me. I got to .3 was going to got to .2 but was like screw this, ive got it. Its now day 8 clean, cant believe it. Sounds like you may have no w/d. Hope so, if you start to feel bad go do something. I heard someone say they kept telling themselves how much worse it could be and that helped them get thru it a great deal. Its help me too, Positive Mental Attitude.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, down to 2 doses a day from 3....great job!!! Making it through work without taking any suboxone must have felt awesome. Rawk on!!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are doing brilliantly rca!!! Keep it up

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks DB, Romeo, and "Not"subuser; The positive feedback and encouragement really helps.

I am writing now just to keep myself occupied for a little while longer as I hold off on my second dose today.
Day 4 drop from 1mg to .5 / .75
Last night I was pretty uncomfortable (all jerky and creepy feeling by 11pm) so I took another ,25, (.75 for the day) but don't feel too upset with myself because it is still less than the 1mg I have dropped from (progress not perfection, right Romeo?)

Today I did take a dose to work because I wanted to wait as long as possible after the 11pm dose (and I did sleep very well after that, even with no comfort meds!!), so took .25 at about 8:30am, and that is all so far today. I am trying to hold off on my second dose until bedtime to get me through the night.
Taking honest inventory, I am NOT sneezing, shaking, no runny eyes or nose, a little stomach gurgling going on (I'll count that as a positive sign), and I DONT feel like I want to crawl out of my skin...I just mentally want to take my next dose, so I guess I can wait awhile longer. It's only 5pm....I should wait at least until 8:30pm so it is a full 12 hours between doses. (I'm sure this is not that interesting to read, but just thinking out loud right now and occupying my brain!!)
I'm a little irritable with my kids....I did also go on the stair climber for 20 min and lifted a few weights which I think helped my mood a little bit.
Hope to post later that I made it through today at .5!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well, Tuesday night/ early Wed, morning ended up needing another .25 to sleep through the night. So I've been kind of hovering between .5 and .75 since Saturday.
Yesterday (Wed) I stayed successfully at .5 and today have only taken .25 and feel just fine!
I got some clonodine yesterday, and it sure does help. I was not feeling that badly anyway, just a little jumpy and restless, but I don't think I would have been able to stabilize at .5 and still sleep without the clonodine. I've also been busy working , etc and I think that is a good thing so I don't have too much time to think about what is happening.
I'm thinking when I jump (still projecting June 1), I will start a brand new thread, as it will be a brand new start!

If I would have know I could get this low with relatively little suffering (I have been through some painful detoxes), I would have tapered looooooong ago. Hopefully someone else who is scared and thinks they can't do it will read this and know it can be done. (of course I'm not out of the woods yet...)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you were able to get some Clonodine, it makes a big difference. I would suggest you only use Clonodine when your wd symptoms act up, as in when you drop your dose. It seems to be more effective when used that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next