It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,I have been on suboxone for 5 years and I MUST stop I stopped for 3 months once and hade no withdrawals.
I am currently down to 2mg and tomorrow going to 1mg and then down to .90 Micrograms then .80 etc I end up taking slivers and crumbs but Burprenorphine I heard is usually given in Micrograms not milligrams that is why the WDs are so bad.

Anyway I wanted to know about what meds I can take as I need to detoxify at home before I go into a year long rehab
I am scared to but I have hit rock bottom and feel stuck in a mental prison.

I was thinking seeing a nutrionist and getting my body to a healthy state with food and vitamins then using Kratom for 1 week when I quit sub I am going from 1mg tomorrow to non on January 1st 2010

I was thinking

Elevil (SSRIs like Paxil and Zoloft make my depression much worse)
Clonadine not sure what milligrams
Xanax for anxiety
Requip if needed
And soma or skelaxin for muscle aches
Motrin for pain
Maybe ambien or seroquel

I know this seems like allot but I only plan to detox for 21 days on these meds. My question is I am not sure which combination I should ask my doctor for without seems like I am seeking drugs to get high (he is cautious)
I have a high tolerance for benzos and they only help for anxiety not sleep
My worst symptoms are no sleep, horrible skin crawling for over a month, depression lower back pain and sever panic attacks. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to take and what not to take? I know xanax and elevil and soma should not be taken in a close time range. I would need Motrin and soma during the day in the AM is when it is worst elavil at night and clonadine in the middle of the day. I don't know I just would like some kind of same program. I want to rely on proper nutrition and vitamin intake and less on the medication but I cannot fail as I need to get my life back suboxone has made me like a plant. I isolate and have super depression. If anyone has any suggestions please PM me as I am new and have some trouble navigating. Thanks ands sorry for the long post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi Inat,

Maybe you could PM someone like Diary of a Quitter, or others that you see have successfully tapered off Sub. I am on maintenance for now and will be looking at various ways people have successfully tapered off sub in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

inat wrote:
Hello,I have been on suboxone for 5 years and I MUST stop I stopped for 3 months once and hade no withdrawals.
I am currently down to 2mg and tomorrow going to 1mg and then down to .90 Micrograms then .80 etc I end up taking slivers and crumbs but Burprenorphine I heard is usually given in Micrograms not milligrams that is why the WDs are so bad.

I'm not sure what you mean about it being given in micrograms instead of milligrams being why the withdrawls are so bad. Those are just forms of mass measurement, and have no impact on the med effects. Every milligram is also micrograms and every microgram is also milligrams.

inat wrote:
Anyway I wanted to know about what meds I can take as I need to detoxify at home before I go into a year long rehab
I am scared to but I have hit rock bottom and feel stuck in a mental prison.

If you are going into a rehab program, they should be offering a medical detox. Definitely take a medical detox over an at-home detox.

inat wrote:
I was thinking seeing a nutrionist and getting my body to a healthy state with food and vitamins then using Kratom for 1 week when I quit sub I am going from 1mg tomorrow to non on January 1st 2010

Don't use Kratom. It affects the exact same receptors in your brain that opiates do, in almost the same way, so there is cross-tolerance and dependence. If you have Suboxone in your system, it is likely that Kratom would have no effect anyway, but it would continue to keep you physically addicted. You can't really detox while taking it.

inat wrote:
I was thinking

Elevil (SSRIs like Paxil and Zoloft make my depression much worse) Good choice
Clonadine not sure what milligrams Good choice
Xanax for anxiety Probably a bad choice. Xanax can be just as addictive as opiates. If you use it for 3 - 4 weeks, you will become physically dependent
Requip if needed Not sure about this one
And soma or skelaxin for muscle aches Skelaxin is a good one, but again, Soma is very easy to abuse. I am not sure if it is physically addictive, though
Motrin for pain Good choice, but don't forget about Tylenol, too
Maybe ambien or seroquel Ambien is a bad choice, as it is just as physically addictive as Xanax

I know this seems like allot but I only plan to detox for 21 days on these meds. My question is I am not sure which combination I should ask my doctor for without seems like I am seeking drugs to get high (he is cautious)
I have a high tolerance for benzos and they only help for anxiety not sleep
My worst symptoms are no sleep, horrible skin crawling for over a month, depression lower back pain and sever panic attacks.

If your doctor is giving you the Suboxone, I doubt he will prescribe Xanax, Soma or Ambien, as that would be unethical. But even if he would, I could not suggest using any of these. You don't want to create another addiction while you are trying to kick one. That is exactly what one of my friends did. He was trying to get off of Methadone, and ended up addicted to the Xanax he tried to kick with. He told me many times that the sickness from benzos was 20x worse than opiates, because it feels like you want to jump out of your skin and you could have seizures (he did).

Honestly, looking over the list of symptoms you are worried about, I had none of those when I came off of 8mg a day of Suboxone cold turkey. Have you ever detoxed off of Suboxone before? It is very, very mild, but it just lasts a long time. I had minor joint pain, chest congestion (extra mucus production, I suppose), a few headaches and light sleep. I didn't really have much of a problem getting to sleep though. If you have never done it before, it is likely not going to be as bad as you think it will be. You will still be perfectly capable of going to work if you work, or taking care of your kid if you have any, etc. It is nothing like coming off of Methadone, which is hell. If you are going down to 1mg, and are going to slowly work down lower than 1mg over the next 2 months until Jan, I honestly don't think you are going to need all that stuff. This isn't the nightmare you are used to.

Also, you need to keep in mind that there may be other things you need to work on. Just coming off of Suboxone may not alleviate your depression, and may not make you stop feeling "like a plant". This is where antidepressants and a concerted effort to get your life back where you want to be come in.