It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Can anyone please help. I need a sub dr in albany NY asap. I have taken subs before for about a year and was clean the whole time. Unfortunately I was unemployed so I was on Medicaid at the time. After a year I was taken off as that is all my insurance would pay for. I am working now with insurance to cover the script coat but just need to find a doc that has room. My life is beginning to unravel as it is harder and harder to find someone with extra ones to help out. I am supposed to get married in the fall and want or really need a script as I cannot do it without them right now. Please can somebody help. I will pay whatever the dr cost is. Anything will be worth it as I cannot go back to using

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:51 pm 

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty finding a doctor in your area. Albany is not that small of a town, is it? What methods have you used to search?

With insurance you are going to need to make two lists. One that has all the doctors who prescribe Suboxone, and then cross check them with your insurance company to see if they are a preferred provider. I am assuming you have PPO insurance and not a HMO like Kaiser.

Use our search for doctors button up top and go to NAABT.org for more. Use Google if need be. Then you'll need to start calling to see if they'll accept your insurance and if they have a spot for you. Some will only accept cash and others will take your insurance. It's just a big pain being on the phone all day.

Sorry no one posted back to you until now. It is a difficult question to answer.

Let us know if you find one and good luck!

rule