It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive taken about five doses of suboxone in the last 5 days...3 doses of 8mg, 1 dose of 4mg and 1 dose of 2mg. I have no withdrawals from the oxy I was taking, but I cant stand to live with my chronic back pain. My last dose of suboxone was about 24 hours ago. Will I get sick if I take a 30mg oxycodone?

If I knew it would be like this, I would not have started suboxone. I hate to have to take oxy again, but Im between a rock and a hard place. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Are you on suboxone for pain or addiction treatment? It sounds like you are attempting to treat yourself, which is never a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
I have Chronic pain and it has helped me some. I also take tylenol with it. Maybe you might need to increase your dose and try to give it a chance. I don't think you will get the relief with Sub as you would with oxy but I have found that if I give it a chance it will help some. For me the oxy stopped working and i think the same for most of us which means more and more as you know. This could be a very dangerous choice.

Please try to remember why you stopped taking the oxy's. Going back will only increase your addiction.

How about giving your Dr. office a call and see about increasing your dosage.
Please let us know how you doing.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

moman wrote:
Are you on suboxone for pain or addiction treatment? It sounds like you are attempting to treat yourself, which is never a good idea.

i am trying to treat myself, but also take too much oxy and run out before the month is up which causes a lot of work and family problems. I will just be more vigilant and trust more in the Lord to give me the ability to "use The oxy) as directed".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

cajunmeme wrote:
[b][i]
I have Chronic pain and it has helped me some. I also take tylenol with it. Maybe you might need to increase your dose and try to give it a chance. I don't think you will get the relief with Sub as you would with oxy but I have found that if I give it a chance it will help some. For me the oxy stopped working and i think the same for most of us which means more and more as you know. This could be a very dangerous choice.

Please try to remember why you stopped taking the oxy's. Going back will only increase your addiction.

How about giving your Dr. office a call and see about increasing your dosage.
Please let us know how you doing.

If I increased the dose (already using 8mg a day which makes me a zombie) I would really be out of it. I have a full time job and home stuff I am responsible for. I will put all my faith and trust in God that I take the oxy right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Im sorry to say......but, I don't think this (you'r ability to NOT abuse opiates) has ANYTHING to do with God or your faith. WE'RE ADDICTS........which means we can't control our usage. If being able to not abuse drugs were as simple as saying some prayers............there'd probably be ALOT LESS people on Suboxone.

As did alot of other addicts, Im sure........I prayed my ass off while in active addiction, Recluse.......begging God to stop me from putting my child in the car and driving to meet my dealer for more Oxy. Prayer, sadly.....isn't enough man.

I highly encourage you to make an appt with your Sub doctor and discuss all of this. Thats what he's there for! I know you stated that taking only 8mg makes you sleepy.....but, you've only been on the Sub for a short time. Won't you please allow your doctor to adjust your dose and give the Sub a little longer to work for you? Also, have you considered Methadone maintainance? It is a full agonist.....but safer for you than those Roxi's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi recluse,

I'm sorry you're already discouraged with your suboxone treatment. But using sub as a treatment for chronic pain requires dosing with it differently. Instead of dosing only once per day like one does if using it for addiction, it's best to dose 2-3 times per day in smaller amounts. Sub's pain relieving properties only last about 4-6 hours.

I also agree with Marie and I hope you listen to her. Faith is one thing, but one must be realistic and take action to help oneself.

You just started suboxone and it's my opinion that it's too soon to ascertain if it's going to work for you or not. If I were you I'd discuss your dosing with your doctor as well as what other treatments can be used in conjunction with your sub. For example, I also dose for pain and I use a muscle relaxer in addition to my sub - it helps my pain a lot.

Lastly, if there comes a time when it becomes clear that suboxone just can't handle the severity of your pain, you might want to discuss the possibility of methadone with your doctor. As a full agonist (suboxone is a partial agonist), it is said to be better for pain. But since you're already on sub, why not work with your doc and give it a chance before you just stop it suddenly.

Going back into active addiction is not the answer either. And you know as well as I do that we addicts are simply INCAPABLE of taking pain meds as directed. If we could, well, we wouldn't be addicts, now would we? Remember, active addiction and relapses can be downright deadly to us.

Whatever you decide, please be careful and be reasonable. Do you really want to risk going back to the chaos of active addiction? Think back to what made you want to go into recovery to begin with. Has that changed?

Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I will make this short and sweet check my methadone thread you can stay clean man and still get true pain relief.