It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I need some tips please
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay so today marks one full week completely off of Suboxone.

Quick history.. I've done this once before about 2 years ago. It was a month of hell because I jumped off a very high mg. Without the support or help of my doctor I made the jump this time off 1mg a day and then a bit lower for a week.

The WD feeling right now is a low constant Lull. But the fatigue is really starting to depress me.
I am a mother and seeing everything that I can not do is just ripping me apart. I try to get up and make myself move but its almost as if my body refuses and I have to just sit. I literally have to take a break mid way through showering and sit.

I have an anti anxiety script. Very low mg but it just makes me feel more tired so I don't feel that its an even trade for losing the anxiety that is making me feel like my body is on fire.

I'm taking vitamins, fish oil ext.

Can not take blood pressure meds because my BP is naturally low.

Staying hydrated as much as possible.

Making sure I sleep enough (last night was the first night restless leg free)

I know this is just a bad time that I need to ride out and that I will feel normal again some day. But I feel that if I don't get some kind of energy back soon I am going to start mentally ripping myself apart.

Does anyone have anything that I haven't tried? I'm literally willing to try anything (aside from threatening my sobriety of course)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can SO relate. Unfortunately it is something you need wait out.. The only thing I used religiously was coffee. Espresso to be exact. There was a time where I had an espresso every hour from like 10-6. Excessive, I know.. But it would give me the boost I needed to put one foot in front of the other. At the time, I was also considering vitamin b-12 shots but I never followed thru. You can also try wheat grass shots if you're not into coffee.

Hang in there! I can relate to having to sit half way thru a shower which is partly why I opted for baths most of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Try to make yourself and those around you understand that this is just a part of the wd process. Severe fatigue is a normal wd symptom and like you said, it will go away. Be patient with yourself and be kind to yourself.

Music helped me a lot to survive my wd. Music (along with laughing, exercise, hot showers, sex, feeling the sun on my face) helps to release our natural opiates in our brains and helps us to feel better. Do what you can to release your natural opiates. Oh Yeah, eating a good steak always made me feel better too. Eating releases our natural opiates, too.

Congratulations on one week off Suboxone!! Keep pushing and believe that it will get better, because it will!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

It will get better soon. I started really improving at day 10. I know what you mean with the overwhelming lethargy. I just hung around the lounge the first week. I felt like i was dragging an anchor around with me everywhere. I jumped approx 0.5, prob nearer to 0.75 as was having a bit extra every few days.
That first week while not really bad i couldnt imagine ever being right again. It does happen and pretty quickly after 10 days or so. Maybe just allow an extra day or so due to jumping slightly higher at 1mg.
You are almost there .
Protein helped me. I always felt better 90 mins after. Also could picture all those protein strands rebuilding/repairing my receptors . Otherwise, just rest. Its your body's way of repairing as quickly as possible.