It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need some taper advice
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is day three at 1.5 mg's at noon. I was previously at 2mg once a day for a few months. I have not had any noticeable wd's which has been a pleasant surprise. I can only assume they will start around day 5 and last through day 7 like the previous drops.

I am anxious to be finished with tapering soon, but after reading the posts on this site i realize i still have a long way to go :(

I am interested in trying this liquid taper method but am prescribed the strips as apposed to the pills. Does it work the same way with the strips? Seems a much easier & more accurate measure than folding & cutting.

Thanks for any help & advice you can give!

"The road to success is always under construction"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi JA,

I know the feeling you are experiencing with thinking you have a long way to go. I'm starting day 9 tomorrow of no subs and things are starting to get much better for me. I feel pretty normal and I am finally starting to sleep at night.

FYI, I was on 20mg/day of the strips and tapered down to 1mg/day over a five month period. I jumped from 1mg and in hindsight tapering down to 0.5mg may have been easier.

So, are you taking the 8mg strips or the 2mg strips? If you aren't using the 2mg strips then you could get your doc to prescribe those, it makes it much easier to get lower doses where you aren't trying to cut the 8mg strip into tiny pieces that are hard to handle. Using the 2mg strips it is quite easy (in my opinion) to cut it into halves twice which leaves you with 0.5mg chunk.

I can't comment on the liquid taper method, I've never heard of it.

I guess my recommendation is to taper as low as you can before you jump. Whenever you finally do jump you should expect some WD symptoms (but to a much lesser degree in my experience). Insomnia was my issue, I didn't sleep AT ALL for 6 days, that was rough on me.

Good luck to you, keep a positive attitude towards being successful and the next thing you know you'll be done with subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree, get the 2mg strips. Alot of people taper by 25% until they get to 1mg, then taper by 10% from there. But listen to your body and tapering was alot harder for me than the actual jump. I tapered to .25mgs before jumping. Also I would dose twice a day, in the morning I would take .125 and do the same at nighIn theory you can taper to 0mgs, but like I said, tapering for me was alot harder than the actual jump. Dont let yourself obsess about quiting. Take your time and get real low and it will be much easier.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

After 4 days at 1.5mg's i still wasn't feeling bad so i took 1mg today. When i get below 1mg im going to switch to the 2mg strips. So far this has been an easier drop(2mg's to 1mg) than from 4 to 2. Hope it stays like this. Tapering seems to be the way to go.

BTW, way to go on 9 days! That's awesome!

"The road to success is always under construction"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is day 4 at 1mg. Have made myself go to the park and walk or run some trails for the last 6 days. Starting to think that exercise is a great tool. Sleep now comes at around midnight and am wide awake at 7am but i am sleeping. This drop hasn't been bad at all. Has anyone else notice that exercise & sunshine make tapering easier?