It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need some help please
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this has been said before but I need some info on pharmacies. I can't find a good place to fill my script of subutex every month. I reside In Wv and doc is in PA please private message me. And I don't want to give out names to my doctor so don't tell me you will give me info if I give you my doctor name. That is the problem, too many ppl are telling all their friends about their Dr and pharmacy so no where wants to take new patients. It's sad when people abuse this medication as a means to get high off of when it's prescribed for the opposite reason. I have tried countless pharmacies in Pittsburgh area. Any info would help. I've tried everything, asking my Dr, calling places, etc. Everywhere is full. Message me I'd you have any advice. I don't want to get back on pain meds just because I can't find a pharmacy. I have been searching for a new doctor as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:07 pm 

Good luck! I hope someone PMs you what you need. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks you. It's so frustrating that good people have to suffer from a few bad people. Medicated assisted treatment has a bad image because of those people and it's bs. Just because someone is on subutex or suboxone doesn't mean they are a junkie etc. They are working towards getting clean and staying clean. At least that's how I feel and when I can't even get my meds filled because so many people drive from Wv to PA for scripts to sell etc it makes me want to quit altogether. Not trying to rant but it bothers me. If there is anyone that could give me any info on pharmacies that would take new patients or a nice, nonjudgmental pharmacist that would be willing to order subutex(because any pharmacy can, they just choose not to) please let me know.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 pm 

Bjones,
Ive checked with a couple of women i know who fill subutex at clinic in my area but there women. It seems in our region its women only. May be unfair but this is the attitude. Even in southwest PA. im in north w.va..

Easiest thing to do is switch to suboxone or Zubslov. They do have discount cards.
With Buprenorphine being the only active ingredient in both sub an subutex you should be fine.

Having a script you cant fill is worthless really. Wish i could be more helpful..

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply.I have had a few pharmacies tell me that they only prescribe it to females but I know it is not a law. In Wv they will only prescribe suboxone. Pharmacies in my town will not fill scripts for out of state doctors and now pharms in PA have too many people. It is ridiculous, if doctors would crack down on the people who abuse them etc it wouldn't be a problem. A lot of people need medication like this, especially subutex not everyone can take suboxone. It legitimately makes some ppl sick. But I have been searching for a new doc. I know I've read that some places have pharmacies beside the office that you are required to go to but they jack the price up. It's just getting to be too much of a hassle anymore but thanks for the advice, all I can do is keep trying and search for a solution. I came a long way in my recovery(I consider myself clean) or at least better than I was before but determination and not givit up is key in this battle!