It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:00 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I have been lurking around and have found great info on here related to getting off subutex I have gone with the liquid 1 mg taper. I have a heroin problem and have really decided to cut ties. Subs have been there for me. The problem is I need help to get off them. I started off 1 day with 10mg to get me through and it worked. that was 6 months ago. I have stayed at a low does and I have faith now I can do this. Can anyone have a link or could help with a daily schedule( I know its different for different people) just trying to get a sense for what to expect with the thing. I will post here my results as I go down. today was first day after 4 days of feeling horrible after a bad decision to use again. I know this sounds bad but I am determined this time to wean off subutex and be done with the process. I am going for 1mg tomorrow morning hope I say this way all night I feel fine right here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:07 am 

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the liquid taper method, but I wanted to say Welcome to the Forum! Someone should be along to answer your question soon!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:30 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well today is day 5 of 1 mg. Did not sleep well last night. The depression that follows this whole thing just sucks. I guess waking up after 4-5 years of wasted life brings me down. Its also not easy with 2 children that need my attention so much and I always feel hooked to something. I have gone to being afraid off what night will bring. I don't like to book anything because I don't know how I will feel. I really want this all to just be over but I know I cant rush this. I am going to try to stay at 1 mg in the am for 2-3 more days. I was reading diary of a quitters stuff he posted while doing this, so much thanks to him for his post as this and so many other accounts of peoples post have encouraged me I can do this. I know all this information is posted several times on here. I guess it just help to feel you own sense of accountability and have others help you work thru it. I have 3 strips cut into 1-0.5mg so I am going to start using them Monday until they are gone. I think I will go to 0.9 so a .5mg strip and .4 mg of liquid making 0.9 Monday or tue. last night went much better still some bad anxiety but I was able to eat, so I think I am settling back in at 1mg. I am hoping I can make this transition easy. I think keeping this liquid concentrated seems to work much better. I have a 1mg to .5ml solution and it seems to work better that the 1 to 1. Maybe just in my sick head. well any advice or support is more than welcome and appreciated. thank you Amy for the welcome its nice to come back to your post and see something.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey dirtyblonde,

Love the name. I'm glad to see someone else using the liquid method. It worked wonders for me. One thing I know, is that you have to have the right mind set when going into this. An attitude of kicking ass and taking names, at any and all cost. You have to be so ready to be done that nothing will bring you down.

What dose were you at before 1 mg?

Have you considered splitting your dose into morning and evening? That was crucial for me. I remember trying to move into taking it once daily, I was still at 1.5 mg. I took all 1.5 at noon. I felt ok the rest of the day, but when I woke the next morning I was in full blown wd. That was the worst wd I had during my entire 5 years on suboxone, and during my taper. I was soooo discouraged. I stayed at a split dose all the way down to 0.1 at the end I was taking 0.05 twice a day. Just something to think about.

It's a crazy game of mind over matter. This will be one of the hardest things you will ever do but it will also be one of the most rewarding when it's all over. I didn't feel 100% when I quit. Even though I tapered pretty low I did it pretty quickly. But, I never felt anything close to what others talk about. I never even had restless legs. The hardest issue I had was restless sleep. It's been 5 weeks I think? And just the last couple nights I feel like I am actually sleeping almost normal. But I never missed a day of work or stayed home from any social functions.

Just remember that you can do this. It's totally possible. It won't be super fun or anything, but eventually it will all be over and you can move on with your life. Good luck! I hope you keep updating us along the way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Girl on a mission wrote:
Hey dirtyblonde,

Love the name. I'm glad to see someone else using the liquid method. It worked wonders for me. One thing I know, is that you have to have the right mind set when going into this. An attitude of kicking ass and taking names, at any and all cost. You have to be so ready to be done that nothing will bring you down.

What dose were you at before 1 mg?

mostly at 2 mgs but I have weaned down to 1mg for 2 weeks then spent a few weeks off and on dope. Mostly 1mg in-between. I have been as high as 10mg first day I ever detoxed. got down to 2 mg a spent about 2 weeks clean. like I said above unfortunately this has gone on for 6-8 months of using as a crutch.

[/quote]Have you considered splitting your dose into morning and evening? That was crucial for me. I remember trying to move into taking it once daily, I was still at 1.5 mg. I took all 1.5 at noon. I felt ok the rest of the day, but when I woke the next morning I was in full blown wd. That was the worst wd I had during my entire 5 years on suboxone, and during my taper. I was soooo discouraged. I stayed at a split dose all the way down to 0.1 at the end I was taking 0.05 twice a day. Just something to think about.[/quote]

Yes that's how I used to do it but due to the relapses I would go day using without using if you know what I mean. I am going to try and split does tomorrow and see if my day is better this one. I have been sick to my stomach since 3 or 4. Tomorrow is day 6 clean very determined to stay that way. I was reading your story tapering with you then fell into relapse. well I am off to bed, had enough today. hoping for a better day. :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:08 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

hello all,
started to split my doses today. Had .5 this am felling ok. I had to drink a shake as cooking or even going out for food seems like more than I can do. I will eat a good lunch. Second will be 0.5 of a strip. I am trying to find good time to take these. 1st one was like 730 so what maybe 230 330. Hope this all goes well I plan on my first re-taper to 0.9 on Thursday or Friday. I am in a rush but know not to rush it. Thanks all will post tonight and see how the split helped me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DB,

So much of this is a mental thing. You can make yourself believe what you want to believe. As addicts we always have had the need to be taking some kind of pill or other substance. That notion is always there with us. We have to learn to break that habit.

You will be just fine with that one dose until it's time for the second one. I also split the dose when I got down to those low doses. I took my second dose about 8 hours after the first dose so taking yours around 2:30 - 3:30 would be just fine.

Try to get yourself into a positive frame of mind. Make yourself believe you won't even need that 2nd dose in the afternoon. Just try to stay real busy and go about your day without sitting around watching the clock move slowly. You may find that you might even forget about taking the afternoon dose a time oe two like I did! I got so busy when the time came to take my 2nd dose I was a couple hours past the time.

Point is it's that mental "need" we have to always want to take something. If we think in terms of taking our dose and going on with life our whole attitude changes for the better! It takes time of course, but we can get past that desire to want something so bad. I have absolutely zero thoughts of ever wanting to take any kind of drug again. It rarely even crosses my mind any longer. I'm too busy enjoying life!

Your doing great DB. Following Girl on a Mission's thread is a great move on your part. She performed the liquid taper perfectly! Yes she had a few stumbles along the way like we all have, but she got right back to business and it's now paying off for her! You are going to be just fine and I'm here to support you all the way! Take care and have a great day today! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am tapering too and recently tried the whole thing in the morning. I found that I felt kind of loopy in the morning. So I reduced my dose but then felt kind of withdrawy in the afternoon. I know I know, no pain no gain. But I just haven't found a dose I can stabilize at. It was easy to go from 16 to 8. Slighly harder from 8-6 but I still stabilized fairly quickly. Now the 6-4 is giving me a little more problems. . . I've tried the "stay busy" route, but it doesn't work on me. In fact, the more I think I need to be busy, the more triggering it is! I'm so weird. I find zoning out on a movie or reading, helps me take my mind off withdrawals. Or what I *think* are withdrawals . . .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Dirty Blonde,

I'm sorry I haven't commented on your thread yet. It seems as though you have already gotten some excellent advice here. I don't have a whole lot to add. The only thing I wanted to mention was a little tip about starting that split dosing. I tried it a few times when I was tapering, and it seemed like that half dose never quite pulled me out of WD in the morning, so I would wind up taking my whole dose to feel ok. Then I got some great advice from another member here. He said when he switched to the split doses he upped his dose for the first day to compensate for the drop in the morning. Example, if you are currently taking 1mg and wanted to switch to split dosing you can take your normal 1mg in the morning, then that evening take 1/2 of that, .50mg. That way you have that little bit of extra in your system so that the next morning dose of .50mg won't feel like it's not enough to cover WD. Then continue with taking .50mg twice per day from there. The key is not to make it seem like it's ok to up your dose all the time. This is a one time thing, designed to make your transition to split dosing easier.

You might want to give yourself a few days to adjust to the split dose before you make your next drop. That way you will know if you start having trouble exactly what is causing it.

Good luck, it seems like you are doing great already!

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you.

Q :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:22 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Minnie wrote:
I am tapering too and recently tried the whole thing in the morning. I found that I felt kind of loopy in the morning. So I reduced my dose but then felt kind of withdrawy in the afternoon. I know I know, no pain no gain. But I just haven't found a dose I can stabilize at. It was easy to go from 16 to 8. Slighly harder from 8-6 but I still stabilized fairly quickly. Now the 6-4 is giving me a little more problems. . . I've tried the "stay busy" route, but it doesn't work on me. In fact, the more I think I need to be busy, the more triggering it is! I'm so weird. I find zoning out on a movie or reading, helps me take my mind off withdrawals. Or what I *think* are withdrawals . . .

Minnie if there is anything I have learned with this whole thing is it average numbers. if your between 6-8 find a hole number but make sure its one you have lowered to before. ie 8-6. average out you lowest number lets say lets say for giggles you got to 6.5 for a day. but averaged over a 4 pay period 7. make 7 your number and stay for a week, if you felt great for 4 days then drop to 6.5 then roll with that for 5 more days, then hit 6 for 5days. you should be able to maintain like this down with ot much issue. I have always heard ROT 25% high to 2mg then at 10%. I just seems to be like the whole numbers give you the least w/d . But everyone is different you may need t do 10% thru this. If you feel w/d then stay on that dose extra time ie 3-4days extra with a tiny extra sliver from a tab if overwhelmed at night. I don't find the zoning weird at all I tend to do this too. Its like I mean to do something turn it on and just sit there. I will do that with all kinds of things and the ?w/d I hear ya. But the ting that's gets me is the anxiety. I feel like I can have no one looking at me at this time. like I was a kid on shrooms. yea I hear ya, I have issue because I pay on the street and I for financial reasons must keep down my usage. I have just spent 6 days of hell staying and maintaining at 1mg because I told myself I had no choice and I don't. I am the one who has messed up and cost my sobriety time so I will pay the punishment(and yes it was awful I lost 7 lbs in 6 days). I just really hope I stay like today because this has been smooth so far. Qhorsegal2 very interesting thought on the heavier morning than night dose. It makes total sense since this is the longest time between does. beg thanks for the confirmation on times I kind of thought it was like a wake 8 thing. I really questioned at first why I posted on here and you guys/gals made it all worth it. Thanks for the support and I will keep posting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Hey DB,

So much of this is a mental thing. You can make yourself believe what you want to believe. As addicts we always have had the need to be taking some kind of pill or other substance. That notion is always there with us. We have to learn to break that habit.

You will be just fine with that one dose until it's time for the second one. I also split the dose when I got down to those low doses. I took my second dose about 8 hours after the first dose so taking yours around 2:30 - 3:30 would be just fine.

Try to get yourself into a positive frame of mind. Make yourself believe you won't even need that 2nd dose in the afternoon. Just try to stay real busy and go about your day without sitting around watching the clock move slowly. You may find that you might even forget about taking the afternoon dose a time oe two like I did! I got so busy when the time came to take my 2nd dose I was a couple hours past the time.

funny you say that because I had such a good day I had to force myself to take the extra dose. So I am left with this question do you skip it. I know right now I will take it as I am just settling back into this dose but in the future is it a good thing to do. I would love to skip but my mind was all over it today no physical s/s though. What do you think this is telling you ie maybe you can reduce safely. I duno just thought maybe it was one of the s/s you noticed in you reduction that told you to reduce.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well today I dropped down to 0.9-.85 mixture rom my comfortable 1mg. all has been fine except occasional sweets hot/cold and some very mild stomach pains my favorite not to bad though. Kinda sucks knowing I will be sick again, but at this point what the hell I've been sick off and on for 6-8 months if not longer so bring it. I guess at this point its mind over matter. well anyone wish me luck I will post more as the S/S come.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DB,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now. Don't know how I missed your previous post, but I did and I apologize for that!

Yeah, don't skip doses is what I suggest. Try to take your normal dose at the same time each day to keep a constant and steady amount of sub in your system at all times.

Try to remain at each dose until your body lets you know it's time to reduce again. Once you get good and stable for a day or two then it's basically ok to reduce the dose. That may take some 3-4 days, and yet others 3-7 days or more. Figure out what works best for you and go with it.

And I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. I try my best to leave the negative thoughts alone if at all possible. I keep telling myself over and over that any hard symptoms are just mental and the drug is fighting me to take more, or remain on it longer. That's what I do anyway and it worked out for me in the end!

Your doing great! Keep up the good work and you will be just fine I'm sure. Keep posting your progress. I'll try to keep watching for your posts. Ask any questions you have. Lots of very knowledgeable here that's for sure! Have a great day!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well I guess I will add to my post. I let things get away again. total destruction of a car, don't even really remember driving kind of scary. decided I could go back out and well here I am again. I am suffering to stay at 1mg again. I am so sick I cant stand it. my guts feel like the are cutting there way out. I have done this just 1 too many times. It has gotten much worse now as I black out. for anyone who reads this and can get anything out of it don't do dope. I am trying to stabilize again and I hate myself for it. I walked away without a scratch just some burn on my thumb from the airbag. I ditched all numbers and will not ever and I do mean ever. I will post tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sending you a virtual hug, DB.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, many of us can relate. My advice to you is to try a longer maintenance program. I know that probably scares you and makes you wonder how hard it will be to eventually come off of suboxone, but it's more about being in a sturdy place once you try. It doesn't sound like you've had that much distance from your using habits and running buddies. It also doesn't seem like you've had nearly enough time to prepare yourself mentally and physically for coping without opiates. That is a huge undertaking that only time, perspective, and working on oneself, can help accomplish. It sounds like you were on suboxone for 6 months? If that's true, your head is very much still involved in your old ways.

I had a nasty H habit and used suboxone for 6 years to get my crap together. To some that may sound like an eternity and to other, not long enough.. but it worked very well for me and I couldn't be anymore clear than I am now. I am also off it, after tapering down low and making the jump. I wouldn't have been able to do this 6 years ago, I would have run back to drugs at the very first opportunity. That's just how it works for so many of us.

Don't beat yourself up, just try and figure out a next logical step that will keep you safe for your family. That's what's most important.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't hate yourself for trying to stabilize on Suboxone again. The fact that you tried getting off Suboxone and went out and messed up doesn't mean you're a failure, it just means you weren't ready yet.

Like TD said, it's taken a lot of us here a long time on Suboxone to get our shit together, be patient with yourself, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

desperado, I guess I was feeling real down. I have since started feeling better. I am going to be as patient as I can. Thanks romeo for the encouragement. Tinydancer is been like 9 months now. I plan to be done around X-Mas to middle week in jan. I don't really have a choice. I am going to give this 4-6 more days then drop to .9. Then I plan it from there I guess. I have to feel it out. I have been sick so much its almost like I can stand just about anything for a few days. I not talking like full blown wd. I will look back at some of your posts coming off and see how you did. I know its not going to be easy but I am in it now for the long haul and would kinda want to know what to expect. I don't have very many options and this is the only positive one so here I go. thanks for yo posts it is nice to know someone can understand what you are going through and help with encouragement and wisdom.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well I have not posted in a while. I dropped down to 0.8mg of subs. This is day 5 of it. I had a rough night last night. I always get this stomach ache that is just brutal. I am not constipated so I know that's not the issue. I have gone from I will take anything to I don't want anything interfering with my progress. I have things to do today so I did take a .5 strip this am but will go back to the liquid .4 tonight. Hope it helps some. I made up like 15 days of .8 solution so I have time to adjust. I fell like I am freezing to death le last 2-3 days. I shake almost constantly like someone with Parkinson's. I need to get my ass out and run or go to the gym, but I just feel like I would make it to the end of my driveway and drop. Well thanks for reading if you do so wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey dirtyblonde,

I can relate to a lot of what you are going through. I spent over a year trapped in the cycle of tapering my subs and going back out to use the moment I felt too bad/depressed. This cycle kept going, tapering, using, tapering, using. I was able to finally taper off with ease because I gave my meds to my father for dispensal. But within a couple months I found myself back out using oxy. And then back to subs for another 2 years. I finally got off this past June after entering rehab. Some of the things that have kept me off for this long are the following: I couldn't handle the cravings when I first came off; it's a physiological response that is just extremely hard to overcome as you well know. To help me stay off in this early phase I decided to get the vivitrol shot. It blocks my opiate receptors for a month and takes away all cravings. It's expensive but if you have good insurance I highly highly highly recommend it. Also, I have been going to meetings and working a good program which is helping me change myself for the better. Good luck with your taper! I hope you can get through with minimal WD. But if your anything like me, you will likely have to do some real work to stay off this time. Take care

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi DB,

I'm sorry. Not many words can make this process easier. I'm a little surprised that you're having this much trouble dropping such small doses, but everyone is different. Plus, I can't really speak because I didn't even get that far. I hope things turn around for you.

I don't think you should exercise much while you're tapering so low. It's a good tool once you're off suboxone completely and needing to up your endorphins. I always felt like I metabolized my dose faster when I would push myself while tapering, and I'd just feel worse.

hang in there