It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:17 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

l i v i n wrote:
Hey dirtyblonde,

I can relate to a lot of what you are going through. I spent over a year trapped in the cycle of tapering my subs and going back out to use the moment I felt too bad/depressed. This cycle kept going, tapering, using, tapering, using. I was able to finally taper off with ease because I gave my meds to my father for dispensal. But within a couple months I found myself back out using oxy. And then back to subs for another 2 years. I finally got off this past June after entering rehab. Some of the things that have kept me off for this long are the following: I couldn't handle the cravings when I first came off; it's a physiological response that is just extremely hard to overcome as you well know. To help me stay off in this early phase I decided to get the vivitrol shot. It blocks my opiate receptors for a month and takes away all cravings. It's expensive but if you have good insurance I highly highly highly recommend it. Also, I have been going to meetings and working a good program which is helping me change myself for the better. Good luck with your taper! I hope you can get through with minimal WD. But if your anything like me, you will likely have to do some real work to stay off this time. Take care

I have to look up that shot. Sounds like my hole story to a t. I really don't have the option of going to Tx. I just need to suck it up kind of like I did the crime now I pay with time. It is very intense, I wished I new yesterday what I do today. heard that one before. :mrgreen: I feel a bit better today. thanks and keep posting it helps me to read everyone's experiences.

Last edited by dirtyblonde on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Hi DB,

I'm sorry. Not many words can make this process easier. I'm a little surprised that you're having this much trouble dropping such small doses, but everyone is different. Plus, I can't really speak because I didn't even get that far. I hope things turn around for you.

I don't think you should exercise much while you're tapering so low. It's a good tool once you're off suboxone completely and needing to up your endorphins. I always felt like I metabolized my dose faster when I would push myself while tapering, and I'd just feel worse.

hang in there

thanks for the advice you may be right about the exercise thing anyway. Like I stated I do feel a slight bit better today we will see. Had a bad night of sleep though, sweats, sleep, comfort all down the drain last night. I will press on. :arrow:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well today went much better. Had a bad night of sleep last night seemed to wake up every 15-30min. I was able to go back to sleep until about 4:30am then forget it. I get up at 5 and I just had to lay there 10-15 min extra like oh my I cant do this and I got up went to worked and after I dosed at 6:15 all was well. I had a ok day not too bad some slight nausea and hot flashes. I may be edging into this dose. I am so excited that I am making progress below 1mg. Its like I found a new life. I just wanted to share some insight into this. But without the liquid taper I don't know I would have ever reached this place. well I will post tomorrow and let you all know but so far it was day 4-7 with the W/D. I had mild S/S today but nothing like 4-7. day 5 was a bit rough but do able. I have 2 more weeks of solution made up. too much I am ready for my next drop. I will not mess up my progress, but too be quite honest this was a mind over matter game, except for day 5, this is nothing compared to strait up opiate w/d. well that's for reading. DB

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Can you take Clonidine when you drop your Suboxone dose? Clonidine was the best med I took when coming off Suboxone. It's the only med I took (outside of Xanax) that made a difference in my wd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is great, dirtyblonde!!! Doesn't it feel amazing to feel the progress? And also to know that your WD isn't near as bad as it could be. And getting over the hump, it's a sigh of releif!

I forget what mg you're on now? What are you dropping to next? I'm sure your readers are interested as well!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:05 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

sorry I have been so busy I cant even update my own post. I will try and make a more valiant effort. I am at 0.8mg still. Have a few more days on this dose. I am going to try 0.6mg next I think I have 4-5 days left before I drop again. I still have night sweats and nausea, fatigue I guess this is just going to be how it goes. It comes in waves, I almost always have a bad morning but I know its nothing like not having the drug at all, so positive thinking is my tool of choice. I am a bit worried as this is such a busy time of year for me: I am sure for all of you as well, I have 2 birthdays (my kids) and the holidays with family to make it through and its tough sick. I guess I can boost for a day(bit extra for a day) then roll with the taper. Romeo I have some clonidine 0.1mg . I have tried it 1-3 times only 1 pill each and I woke with a crushing headache each time. when how and what dose is best and any ideas how to eradicate the headaches. mamatomonkey I do agree with you it feels very nice to have droped below 1mg. I love the progress but it doesn't come without distress. This whole process has been like this for me. you play you pay. I am just fortunate I never was on a very high dose. My max was 10mg for 1 day, i have never abused this drug. I have always tried to take only what i need and sometimes this has been pure hell because i should have been on a higher dose I just refused to go there. That's what happens when you buy pills off the street. I never had money to run a high dose. well its late and i am going to game for an hour or 2. I don't always feel up to it so I am going to take advantage of it. Have a good night all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:29 pm 

Getting down to .8 mg is no easy feat, so I hope you feel good about the fact that you have been able to taper so low! I know that progress is slow and filled with discomfort so you are a real trooper to hang in there.

I know what you mean when you say that you have to pay to play. To be honest, I've felt a little guilty that I haven't been faced with many negative consequences so far. I have a feeling, though, that when I get to the point of tapering off I will feel exactly the same.

Thanks for the update. I wish you the best!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I am really apprehensive right now. I had 1/2 does of my 0.8 mg and decided to drop to 0.6mg tomorrow. as you can see in my earlier post I totaled a car. I started having horrible back pain streaking down my leg. this will be my 3rd back surgery if needed, so I guess you can see my concern. Like I really need this shit right now. I don't even know what too say. I am so worried about the reduction and pain and pain at the same time. its like a flipped nightmare that came to life over another one. sometimes I really feel like my birth was a big mistake. wells here is my pity party I will get through it like always, just worried of what the future holds for me. Its like im curse with the mark of the beast printed on my forehead. I have a lot to accomplish this weekend and so much for that. I have been eating Neurontin like they are candy. I know what I have to do and will not loose site of my goal even if it kills me. I am worried, what if the back pain progresses. What are the going to give me to help with the pain, ha nothing it wont work. I guess this one will be solo no pain meds, yet I cant blame anyone, I cant be mad, I cant cry, I cant scream. wow thanks for listening if you do. DB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident and possible surgery ahead. I don't have any wise advice for dealing with pain and sub management, especially while tapering, but maybe someone else will. Just take it one day at a time.

Sending you a virtual hug.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea im sure not even the drs. will. but I will do like you said and take it one day at a time. I am going to have to hold this one in for a while as subs are my medical secret. I decided to hold another 5 day until 0.6mg drop just not mentally ready right now. I know my last post was a rant but its how I felt at the moment. My main focus right now is to get off the subs then I will deal with the back. It is some bad pain but I have been through it before. It just evokes memories you have buried away you think for ever. thanks TD .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DB,

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Sure hope you can get that back pain figured out to your satisfaction soon. Has to be so difficult dealing with that kind of pain and tapering at the same time.

Don't you worry about "ranting" one bit ok. It really helps to get on here and just let it go sometimes. Get all your thoughts out and rant all you feel you have to. I promise we understand and it certainly helped me during my taper, and still does!

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:11 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well today is the last day for my 0.8mg. I start the 0.6 tomorrow yeh. I woke up with some bad hip pain today, unlike the back pain and just as debilitative. 2 alive and I felt better in like an hour. feel stable on this dose so I guess this is the time. well enjoy you day :|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well I started today with 0.6mg. feeling good about this :mrgreen: DB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you feeling on .6mg so far?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well last night I started to feel the rumble of the gut(thunder). Kind of restless. did not sleep the best last night but did manage 7 hour so I guess I cant complain. this morning was more of the same my stomach had leveled out to my surprise. took my dose and o feel ok. some of the minor bothers, nothing bad at all just feel like I read you posted to someone else("like I am towing around a anchor." :mrgreen: I always seem to feel my reductions so fast. I hope my day 4 I don't get blasted. I need to eat just am in that no appetite phase.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Well I have not felt too bad on this taper this far until this morning. Started at 430 stomach pains that were a bit uncomfortable. I could stand it but it was tough. Most of the day had a slight un easy feeling. Simmered down by like 230. I have felt OK since day 4 on 0.6 so I guess this is my 3 days. I'll keep you posted during this phase. I can do this. Good night :I hope?: DB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well today is day 7, have not had much trouble at all this taper. The s/s were present and annoying but I almost cant even tell you when they were that bad. I had some days I felt under the weather but not bad at all. Mostly sleep irritability and stomach upset, and the hot cold flashes with night sweats. going to ride this out for a few more days then drop to 0.4mg. I have felt some days like I didn't need the dose at all. doing ok today had some night sweats last night, did not fell too bad this am though. that's a first. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:16 pm 

Great job, DB! You have an awesome attitude through this taper and it will serve you well. Keep up the good work!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Had the same kinda morning. not bad at all. I don't know any part of this process I could have said that. different feeling for me, and a good one at that. cant complain yet. DB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well I will update the post. I have 2-3 more days on 6mg. I spent some extra time at this dose and I think it may have paid off. My back is starting to feel a bit better. I would not try and play football or anything to that degree. I was very surprised with this dose. I left the stuff and could not get it for 2 days and just made a small extra batch. So that is why I extended this one. I have noticed the s/e are to me getting much less sever. My days are not real bad and I'm not gnawing at my finger any pushing the clock to make my time in-between. well ill post more when I drop to 0.4. DB