It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need some advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time reader as well as an occasional poster but my e-mail account got hacked. Long story short I'm looking for some support with my suboxone treatment.

I've been on suboxone for a few years now and tried to quit twice. The first time I jumped from 3mg and it was the worst experience of my life. In fear of loosing my job I decided after day 12 to go back on (4mg). Recent events in my life have triggered me to start drinking again. I haven't had a drink in 2 days and am feeling ashamed, depressed, week, anti-social, full of anxiety, etc. I'm down to 2mg a day and I feel sick. I get diarrhea in the morning and it's a constant effort to do anything.

My question is this: How does alcohol effect your body when you are on subs? Am I making my subs weaker in effect? I've been on 2 mg for about 5 months now and started drinking off and on for about 4 months.

I'll try to find my old posts from my other account and put them on here so you can get a back story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Quick update, I found my old post under the username Jefferson310. I do appreciate this site and its support. I will try to post more often as I need to help myself as well as others.

It's been a while since posting so I'll give a quick recap of what's going on with my situation.
I've been an abuser of all drugs, alcohol, etc all my life and would regularly take pain meds of and on throughout. About 6 years ago I stopped everything(alcohol being the main problem) and was living a somewhat sober life. Every now and then I would get some pills but felt I was just fine. about 3 years ago I started having access to oxy 80's and was abusing them for a year or so before I tried stopping. Boy did that not work. Long story short (i'll elaborate in another post some day) I've been on Subs since September 2010. Started on 8mg, quickly jumped to 4 mg, then 3 mg, then in October 2012 I decided to try and stop. The worst experience of my life. (that's all I can say about that at this time) I had no idea jumping from 3 mg would be this hard. During my misery I found this site and was encouraged to not give up and decided to re-sub up and now I'm currently on 1 mg.

I'm taking it very slow and very scared to go lower than 1mg(1/2 pill) I don't feel great but can function. It's been about 2 weeks and still feel unmotivated. I'm hoping my body will adjust and then i'll go to .75mg and so on. I'm thinking no less than a month between jumps. I would like to go shorter but I don't see myself functioning. My wife is expecting our first child in May so I'm afraid of not being strong during the first few months having a new-born in the house.

This forum has been a beacon of light to an otherwise lonely journey to recovery. I look forward to everyone's input and suggestions.