It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need some advice...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay SO I'm on suboxone- 2 8mg films a day. Have been for almost a year. My next suboxone app was suppose to be April 2nd but I had to change it to today (the office is only open Tuesday's and Thursday's) because my parents are moving from VIRGINIA to Texas on the 30th of this month and I promised them I would help them move. My doctor had no issue giving me my script early. But I'm worried Walgreens will! Tomorrow is the 27th of April do you think they will fill a script that was suppose to be filled on April 2nd? I'll be in Texas for almost two weeks so you see why I'm worried about this. I'm also worried my insurance won't accept it either.
Any advice or has anyone ever tried to do it this early?
I've only ever filled my sub script at the same Walgreens so they know me almost by name now. I'm hoping that will help. I've only ever gotten a script 4 or 5 days early during Christmas when I went to MI to visit family. What do you guys think? Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Need some advice...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:28 am 

Hello BC,
You say you have a good relationship with your pharmacist, I would think this will help you.
Ive never filled early myself, but ive seen nere that it can be tricky and depends on the pharmacy and
who is working or in charge that day.
Only thing you can do is go and hope that it works out.
If I am counting correctly you will be filling 5 days early? Ins could have an issue there. You could pay out of pocket for a few till you get back from Texas..

Best of luck there BC..please post back with your results. ..

Razor

Post subject: Re: Need some advice...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If your doctor is cool with it, in most cases if you get ahold of your insurance company and tell them whats up, they will do what needs to be done to allow the early fill before you even are finished on the phone with them. At least thats how it goes when I need to. If the doctor approves of your early fill and your insurance company has made the arrangements prior then im pretty sure the pharmacy MUST fill it. One time I lost my meds and luckily I was seeing my doctor 2 weeks early cuz she was going on vacation for 3 weeks. I called my insurance company told them what happened and she put in for me to be approved that day. My doc wrote "MUST BE FILLED TODAY" on the script. I got a whole new 30 day supply. This was my last script of generic suboxone before being switched to generic Subutex. I hope everything works out for you. I cant see why it would not.