It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need Some Advice Fast
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yesterday I introduced myself in the post titled Suboxone DT Process 1st Post. So that may give you a little background.

A few minutes ago I was sorting through my change jar to get some vending machine money out and came across an 8mg suboxone from Lord knows when. Totally unexpected.

I am at the three week mark (since I took my last one). DT's are mild but lingering and the biggest problem is fatigue.

Can I get any benefit from taking a very small portion (2mg or less) over the next week or so or am I better off just getting rid of it? I had read a few posts about the water method and people tapering off with one pill over several days but I haven't had a chance to read up enough yet when I discovered it.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. If I can get some relief I would be great but not at the cost of going through DT's again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Three weeks. Thats awesome. Everything I have read suggests the worst is behind you now. Throw away that Suboxone pill. Flush it, toss it whatever but don't take it and go back into the subcycle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm 
Absolutely toss the pill. Get rid off it. Don't stash it somewhere else, don't give it to someone, just chuck it. Throw it out of your window while driving. Drop it into a river. Tie it to a rock and throw it off a cliff. Roll it up into a dog treat and give it to your neighbors dog if it barks too much.

Seriously, just don't take it. You're nearing the home-stretch. You'd only be taking some huge steps back.

Good luck!

Oh, and never give drugs to animals. Very cruel.

Patrick

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

haha that reminds me of a funny story!

My dad was a doctor, an anaesthesiologist.

One time we had a dachshund, and my dad thought it was 'too hyper', so he gave the dog a phenobarbital. I guess the dog went into a coma for a few days. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 pm 
Ha! Medical professionals are the worst! I never drugged my dog. Just drugged the hell out of myself!! Surprised I didn't put myself into a coma to tell you the truth! Awful!
Seriously - mchron - you don't have a thing in this world to gain by using that 8mg Sub! You've got to be almost out of the woods as far as the worst of the withdrawals goes. I will say this, however, if you find that you are still struggling a lot well after the first month or so off Sub and you're close to a relapse - At that point, you might want to consider restarting Suboxone at a real low dose and plan on taking for a long-term maintenance kind of thing. That would be a far better alternative than relapsing and getting back into opiate craziness!! I think most would agree with me on that one.
But, my hope for you is that you get rid of that one Sub you found, continue pushing on through this withdrawal. Work hard, exercise, eat right, laugh, talk, pray, meditate, whatever you like to do to stay busy and get those endorphins flowin! I hope you see improvement every day until soon you feel wonderful and done with all of this craziness!
In summary - that 1 Sub will not help you at this point - not at all. don't try it. get rid of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My energy levels were getting better around the 4-week mark, and by 8 weeks I was feeling better than I'd felt in quite some time. Hang in there, you're in the home stretch.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will be honest. Before everybody posted I caved.

I scratched off what has to be less than 1mg (just powder on my finger) and took it. I had a bad couple of days of deppression. Don't get me wrong, I have been very strong and optimistic but the neverending fatigue had just worn me down. I just wanted some relief. One day/evening to say 'hi' to the family and play with my little girl and get a few things done around the house.

I just hope I didn't set myself back too bad. Right now it is about worn off (around 30 hours) and I am just going back to fatigue but so far no more DT's. If it adds a day or two to my total recovery I will take it.

As for relapsing. There is no problem with that. I am dead serious about wanting to recover. Over the past few weeks the opportunity to use has presented itself but I said 'NO!!' without any hesitation. I haven't had the slightest temptation either. It has been months and months since I used opiates and I have no desire to. The suboxone is/was the problem.

Gave my very understanding GF and supporter the suboxone and told her to destroy it. So that is done.