It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Guess I should give a little history first ... been addicted to opiates on and off for 10 years now (mostly on) started with percocet then to oxy and been smoking fenytnal for last 2-3 years .. 50 patch - 3 x 100 patches a day depending on avalibility

I recently went to a clinic in my area to start suboxon about a month ago ... followed 90% of the rules they gave me about being clean for 48h. ..... long story short I waited 40h ish wasent feeling that bad yet but they started the treatment anyhow .... I took a 2mg tab first and felt not that bad .. then 45min after the first 2mg tab they gave me a second 2mg so I was up to 4mg .... about 20min after second tab my skin felt like it was on fire and was going in to full blown PWD ... had to be physically carried out of the clinic and in to my wifes SUV then carried in to my house to my bed where I had the worst 12-18 hours of my life (would have a hard time describing with words what I went through) ... so that was first attempt ... now I decided to go on it at home. So grabbed 6 k8 suboxon off the street so I can start on my own terms then go the clinic route

so I went 24h or so and was crawling outa my skin scoring a 13-14 on the COWS chart witch put me just past mild and in to the moderate class so figured it was time to take some suboxon (gota remember im really traumatized from what happened last time) so at 8:00am I take a small bite off of the k8 tab maybe .8-1mg to test to see if im gona get PWD ... all seemed well at 10:00am so i take another bite of the tab so now im up to maybe 3.5-4mg in total ... i wait an hour or 2 and not feeling much better actually a bit worst so I kinda panic (from the trauma from my last PWD trip) and smoke a strip of fent about 3-4 hours after taking the 4mg of suboxon and it fixed up my WD to a tolerable level.... so now were getting close to my question or questions .... I already had the suboxon in my system with a half life of 37h the fent I smoked didnt get me high just fixed me up a bit ... if I wait till tomorrow am and take more suboxon when im feeling rough will I be ok or will smoking that strip of fent start me back at square one ... I cant find what the half life of smoking fent is but educated guess would be no longer than 4-8 hrs ... dont know enough about half life of drugs and how their metabolized ... any suggestions or help on how to proceed im really worried about going through PWD again its not something a person should go though twice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there fent, sorry you've had such a rough time of it! I know how hard this is. Fentanyl was one of my doc ,and I'm not sure of the exact half life, but it's longer than 4 to 8 hours. If you wait the amount of time the Dr. says, you really will do fine, believe me. I was so sick and miserable on my induction day, and even though I waited the appropriate amount of time, was still scared I'd go into pw. Luckily,I didn't, and within an hour,I felt better than I had in years, like before I did drugs! I was only sore and tired from puking, and sore muscles in neck and shoulders from being all tense and tight during the terrible withdrawal period. When inducted properly, the process is smooth and gives you great relief in an hour or so, promise! Be patient, Fent, you'll be so glad you waited to do this right. Then you can enjoy your new life free of the horrible obsession with getting and using 24/7.you will be amazed how great you feel once you take a few doses, at the right dose. No wd , no cravings, no nodding, just peaceful and normal. I hope your next try is successful. It's truly been a life saver for me, cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lived much longer, the shape I was in. I didn't smoke the fent, but I ate the 100 mcg/hr patches, and took 30 to 40 Oxy ,Roxy, dilaudid, anything available, sometimes even shotting them, so if I can do it, anyone can friend. I wish you the bestin your recovery and all the best this medication can offer. Post back and let us know how you do please.