It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am a single mother and small business owner. I work hard but the economy is killing my business yet I somehow make to much to get insurance (I was just today declined for medi-cal and foodstamps) I really feel, from what I've researched online that soboxone would help with quitting Norcos that were prescribed after an accident and I kept taking them for years after. I have chronic back pain, but I know I need to quit the pain pills. I have looked at online pharmacies but they are not only expensive, but I'm afraid of legitimacy and I cant afford to be scammed by a foreign pharmacy.
Can anyone give me any advice? Has anyone successfully quit and have extras?
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Misttaya and welcome. It's great that you're reaching out and trying to find a way into remission. Try to think of it this way....you're probably like the rest of us who, in active addiction, put a hell of a lot of energy and money into getting our drugs. Why not put the same into getting into remission? Just a thought.

There's a program called the Patient Assistance Program. It's for uninsured people and if approved would pay for your meds for one year (but not for your doctor's appointments). You'd have to find a suboxone doctor who has a spot open in the program. Doctors are allowed up to 3 people on the program. Just start calling sub doctors, is the way to begin.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by, "has anyone successfully quit and have extras?"?

Good luck and if you have any more questions, just ask! Again, welcome to the forum. I really hope you can find a way to get into treatment.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you very much for the reply. I absolutely wont to quit and posting here is a start... I didn't know about that program for people without insurance. I will look into it, for sure. (part of my other concern that I didn't mention in my earlier post is I was hoping to keep quitting private as I hope I've kept my addiction, private.) I am a small business owner in a small town and known by many. Even still how do you go about finding a soboxone doctor?

When I said in my earlier post: "has anyone successfully quit and have extras?" I meant, has anyone quit opiates successfully using soboxone and have any leftover soboxone that I could have/purchase reasonably, to help me quit without going through the twitches when I'm trying to sleep and the irritability, the awfulness I feel when I've tried to stop on my own.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At the very top of the home page of this forum you will see a link for finding a Suboxone doctor. I believe you can search by state. You should be able to both find a doc and apply for the Patient Assistance program confidentially. It's a private program, not a government program, so no outside people would be involved.
As far as someone sending you Subs: as much as people would like to help a fellow addict in need, it just is not possible. It would be considered drug trafficking, a federal offense. Part of the reason Suboxone gets a bad reputation sometimes is because of diversion, i.e. people trading selling Sub and getting around the legal prescription process. In your case I understand you want to do it for the right reasons, but it would still be considered diversion, which hurts people who have gone through the proper medical process.
Good luck in finding a doc. Keep us posted on your progress,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you Lilly, I appreciate your response! I didn't even think about that at all! I suppose I was looking at it like nicotine patches to try and quit smoking. I didn't realize there was a potential for abuse with soboxone and that it was a controlled substance as well. I just want help and I'm tired of it. I feel foolish running on assumptions. I will search for a sub doc in my area and hopefully I can get on this program.
Thank you again for taking the time to reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't forget to ask about the patient assistance program. And there are other doctor locators I can give you if you don't have any luck with this one. I hope you stick around. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.