It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: need sleep help please!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Can anyone tell me If you can take nighttime sleep aid like z Quil ? It has diphenhydramine in it! I have been on suboxen for 5 days and have not been able to sleep at night . I,AM taking 8 mg/2 once a day . Besides the not sleeping I,AM feeling so much better on suboxen!!! Thanks lots ' Deannewho !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm 

Hi Deanne! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that suboxone is working well for you (aside from the sleep issue). I'm not the best person to answer this question because I have sleep problems too. However, I haven't taken any sleep aids to address it because I don't currently work. So I'm able to nap if I need to. Enough about me!

I have a couple of friends who have used the natural supplement, Melatonin, with good success. Have you heard of it? I'm sure there are people here who have used it, so I hope they will chime in.

I have also heard some people say that they have to time when they take their suboxone pretty carefully to avoid sleeplessness. Some people have to take it in the morning in order to avoid sleeplessness.

Amy

Post subject: Sleep
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Deanne,

Welcome!
Yes we need sleep huh! Have you tried unisom? Walmart has a generic, works just as well. Also as amy said melatonin is good too, but can take some time to get in your system. The unisom did work for me. Other than that maybe ask your doc who is prescribing the sub.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are natural ones as well on the shelf at walmart by the Unisom. I know for me Benadryl or Tylenol PM helped me to sleep. The Suboxone knocks me out about a hour after taking it, which is why i try to take it after he leaves for work in the morning or late in the evening close to bedtime. We will sleep whenever we feel tired, we arent on a certain schedule or anything. My husband has this philosophy, when you are tired go to sleep period. My ex husband would fuss something awful if I took a nap. He would rather me set around and nod off and be grouchy than to let me rest for say thirty minutes to a hour. That is why hes my ex now lol.
Anyways, try some of the sleep meds on the shelf.They are mostly nothing but Benadryl anyways. If you turn the box over when you are looking at some of them. they are going to say as an active ingriedent, Diphenydramine. I think its spelled that way, I aint good with those great big words LOL.
I used to use Sleepytime Tea back when I was a teenager, I have had sleep problems all my life. It takes me forever to fall asleep when i do lay down unless I am already nodding off from the Sub. I wouldnt suggest Nyquil unless you are having cold problems or sinus trouble, dont wanna get hooked on that crap. Yes I know people who are hooked on it, guess its the alcohol in it. Its amazing the things that you can get addicted to, or dependent on. Got a friend that is hooked on Excedrin, cant get out of the bed in the morning without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

not sure how long you been on subs but i know the first few months i had hard time sleeping. like waking up lots or just not going to sleep u know laying there watching the 3 am shows. my husband had it worse. with time and also i have dropped my dose in half the sleeping is much better. i sleep like a rock now at night. my husband works nights and he sleeps during day. its better for him too but he does still wake up quite a bit. now i thought taking benadryl (not much of a speller) messed me up like buzz mixing it with my sub. just took it once tho cause i had a cold and took it and i had to go lay down i was sooo dizzy. but i have heard people using it for sleep. wishing u some rest!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Unisom, Potentially you could ask for a drug called Clonidine from your doctor. I've been using it to help myself sleep while withdrawing. It really seems to make a huge difference for me.

Melatonin & Valerian root combo pill seems to work well for a lot of people too.

You're also on a high dose of Suboxone right now. I'm not a doctor, and if you choose to live religiously to what your doctor presribes that's fine, but you could try lowering your dose a bit. As long as you feel normal and aren't experiencing any negative effects it could very well allow you to achieve better sleeping patterns.

I had a friend also on Suboxone till I cut him out of my life recently. He started at 12mg, and could never achieve REM sleep at that dose. He'd always feel like he was on the verge of sleeping & awake. Lowered his dose to 6-8mg max per day and his sleeping habits went right back to normal.

Just some food for thought. Trust me I understand insomnia right now.

Goodluck!

WTBF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my doctor just prescribed me ambien today, but warned me, not to take it more than 2x a week because it is easy to get dependent on and not be able to sleep at all without it if that happens.

also a WARNING since most of you are probably being drug tested with your sub. visits :
I had been trying this product out this week, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045X ... hs_product it's doxylamine succinate ... it caused me a "faint" positive for METHAMPHETAMINES.

here is my review i just left on amazon: I got this product last week, I tried it for a few nights and it did not help me sleep.

I tried 1 tab the first night, 2 the second, and 3 the third night. I'm not brave enough to try 4 at once.

The worst thing though, is this product apparently caused a "faint" POSITIVE for METHAMPHETAMINES on my urine screening today at my doctor's appointment. :(

I found this page, to verify that. : [...] ...amazon deleted the link. [...] - if you want to see it, delete the spaces in the link. hopefully this will go through now.

I had used this product 3 or 4 nights prior to this morning's test. and it gave me a "faint" positive for meth. I have never touched meth in my life. so I feel it is worth warning others about!! I'm lucky that this happened with my doctor and not a job interview or anything worse!!

I rated it 3 stars since , though it didn't work for me, I know everyone is different and it does work for some.. it didn't make me sick or anything bad. but I believe it definitely worth losing 2 stars if not more , for the positive meth result :(

--and here is the link to confirm that is what happened : hoefully it works here because I could not add it on amazon :( http://dig.pharm.uic.edu/faq/2011/Feb/faq1.aspx

Post subject: need SLEEP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well I to the the doctor and told him I could not sleep !!! He is such a Great doctor . He put me on Trazodone 50 MG to sleep and for anxiety .I took it last night, it help a little bit !! I only took 25 mg . I hope this stuff will work for me . Have any of you taken this med ?? I know is also for depressions ! I guess I need to give it time to work . Thank for all the feed back on what to take .. Have a great day !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Deanne, how was your transition from opioids to Suboxone? Takes a little while to get use to suboxone. Get in the tub before bed, bath salts can relax you and make you feel better!
Best of Luck!!