It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need opinion!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there, this is my second post as today marks day 3 on my journey and first day doseing by myself and not in thw Drs office. I had a 2 day induction on the first day I was given 8mg (4mg to start and 4mg 45 min following) and I felt great. Later that night I was a bit restless andv was having pain on lower back and achy legs but was tolerable. Day 2 went to my appointment and was given 12mg (8mg to begin and 4mg 45 min later) and I personally think it was a bit to much as I felt HIGH.I did inform my Dr when he came in to check on me after the last 4mg that I felt a bit loopy. He said that he was gonna keep me at 12mg because once he wrote the script I would be stuck at that dose until my next appointment meaning if he only wrote it for 8mg and I realized I needed 12mg that it wouldn't be possible he wrote the script for me to take 8mg in am and a half (4mg) in evening. Anyways to get to the point I don't really think I need that extra 4mg but not to sure if that makes sense lol. Obviously I want to be on lowest dose possible as one day I would like to come off of this as well (I know, I know.... Im not rushing it lol) what do I do? Should I just skip it and see how I feel in the morning? Or should I just follow his directions and take it?????

Post subject: Re: Need opinion!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi K.

Welcome to the forum. If it were me, I'd take my 8 and see how I feel. I agree with you
that you want to take only as much as you need. It's also a good idea to stockpile
extra as a hedge against mean doctors, clinics closing, floods, and who knows what else.
Once in a while I go to the drugstore and they're out of stock. I don't have to get all wound up
because I know I've got extras at home. It's a nice feeling. Many of us do it.

All that said, "how much you need" can be a tricky issue. You want to be sure you're sleeping
well, and that you've got no cravings. If you're feeling perfectly hunky dory on 8 mg, that's the way
to go. If not, then you know what to do (take more :D

Hope that helps a little,

Best wishes,'
Godfrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm 

Stockpiling is a wonderful idea!

Regardless of what u decide to do, ur body will adjust to ur dose. U could also try 10mg, since ur having aches and pains on 8 and feel 12 is too much, then 10 may be perfect.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the quick reply y'all! I think I'm gonna ride it out for now. I have it if I feel I need it but gonna try to stick with the 8. I didnt consider cutting into 4 so if I do decide that I need it I will go that route. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey kaykay..

Happy we could help. Keep us posted as to how you're doing!

Best,
Godfrey