It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need off..help
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone,
Anyone have this happen? I'm now only on 1mg sub--just started 0.75mg today. Been on a slowish taper from 4mg. I am so tired that I cannot stay awake past 7pm--it's been this way entire time on sub, so I feel it's the sub not the w/d. I also fall asleep while driving--again....this has happened entire time on sub. I am in a 12 step group and working my steps etc. My question is, when can I jump? I have klonopin (I take it prescribed for anxiety) and I have visteril (for restless leg from my psych doc when I was w/ding off the vicoden). Can I just jump now? Or should I wait and get down to .25 then jump? Also, I have some tussionex cough syrup===should I take this to help the w/d for a few days (this might be a stupid idea, but at this point I want off the sub so bad, I will do whatever it takes). After I jump, when would symptoms get bad, and how long do they last? Also, when will I get energy back and feelings and be happy? I realized I haven't sneezed one time in the 6 months I've been on sub---wtf is that?!!! I just want to be off this and stay awake and enjoy my tv at night again---hate falling asleep at 7 and I mean I CANNOT keep my eyes open. Any help, advice is much appreciated!
Maya

Post subject: Re: Need off..help
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Maya,
Why don't you try skipping a day instead of going down to .75. If you do ok with that then I would go ahead and take the plunge. Test yourself a little first or we will be reading another relapse story in a couple of weeks. I don't know about this sleeping thing you have, but start drinking some coffee in the evenings to stay awake longer. I wouldn't think as low of a dose of Subs that you are on should make you sleep all the time. I was sleepy when I took high doses only.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You're sleeping cause you're mixing opiates with a benzo, that is dangerous.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been on klonopin for years because I have a severe anxiety disorder. My sub doc is a great doc and since I'm on a super low dose of both she said it's not dangerous...that comes when you take very high doses of one and or the other or both. I actually am more exhausted on the .75 mg than I was on 4mg with the klonopin so it makes no sense. I was never tired on the klonopin mixed with the opiates I abused--in fact I had tons of energy then. So, I just don't get it. I just wanna know if I can jump at .75mg and if it will be bad doing it that way.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:50 pm 

Maya,
TThere are many taper jump threads here to read. Many experiences. Maybe check out some of those to see how they fared.
You have said your sleeping all the time on sub. Imo you could jump now. If the med is having such a toll on your heath the time is right.
You are working steps, you have a sponsor ill assume. Meetings and comfort meds. Imo, you can jump as soon as you want..

Your acute wd most likely will be days to a few weeks. Cant pin point it exactly. Everyone is different as they say.

My 2 cents, and hope it gos well...

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everyone seems to say different things regarding how they tapered, if they did, how bad it was etc. I'm wondering if the lack of energy won't be as bad if I taper to .25 then jump in 2 weeks instead of jump now at .75? And physically I wonder what I'm in for. I have a sponsor and do meetings, but I also have a bottle of tussinex here that would last for 11 days dosing twice daily. I would only do that if I jumped now and needed it. Any thoughts on that? Would it get me through the worst of the physical w/d? And what about the mental fog---I feel it on sub, will I feel it off for a while? How long does that typically last? When will I be able to be happy again? This drug has saved me in ways, but it also now has been making me very uncomfortable and I just don't feel like me...or anything, except being annoyed and exhausted. Ugh. I kind of wish I never went on it, but as my sponsor said, it might have saved me a hundred times from relapse the past 6 months so I can't complain.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:56 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Maya, I do not know about the tussinex....perhaps someone else here can weigh in on that.

Everyone has a different experience in their taper but generally, the lower the dose when you jump, the less your withdrawals.

I was told generally it takes 12-16 weeks after discontinuance for the brain to be back to itself of creating it's own "feel good"....but every week seems to improve. It does give you something to look forward to...if you can make it 3-4 months, you should see vast improvement.

I had sub fog at higher doses but do not have at my current dose so I don't know what to tell you about that either. You might just be super sensitive to the bupe.

I feel the same as you...wish I had never went on it but there was not a lot of info out there when I started in 2007. Congrats to you for making it to .75! Good luck to you and keep us posted.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maya

No one can tell you what will happen. Some people just seem to walk off and do well and another will be at the same dose and have some w/d's.

Tussinex has codiene in it, that may not be the best thing to use. My concern is when you run out there will be cravings for more.

IMO, at your low dose you can try to jump or as others have said continue to taper.

None of us have a magic ball to look into and be able to tell you how you will feel or what will happen. The ball is in your court...we are here for support

CA is right, it usually takes 3-4 months of healing...that doesn't mean w/d's, just healing. Good Luck Maya..you can do this

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

you're probably extremely tired because you're experience that as a w/d, is my guess. When I would start to run out and have to use less my only symptom would be extreme tiredness and I'd be passed out by 8pm or so. If you are able to go down lower, I would. I would go down less than .25 if you're able. If I was able to do it I would taper to like .0000001.. I understand once you get to a certain point and you're experiencing withdrawal anyways you might as well jump but man if I had the patience and willpower I would have gone way down. I hope everything goes well with you.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tussinex actually contains hydrocodone (Vicodin) in a time release suspension. It's sort of like taking OxyContin but with Vicodin rather than oxycodone - BAD IDEA! That stuff was one of my favorites back in my using days - got me higher than nearly anything else. Therefore using it to get off of Sub would be as useful as using oxy to get off of Bup. DONT DO IT!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I dumped the tussinex because I didn't want another drug to be addicted to. I am down to .5mg bupe and will cut to .25 within the next few days. The cut from .75 to .5 was the first one I've really "felt" in terms of bad diarrhea, that horrible restless leg and body feeling at night, and depression, huge pupils etc. But, I sneezed for the first time in 6 months that I've been on this stuff the other day!!!! That tells me it's getting out of my system I think! It's not awful yet but I also am not off of it. I plan to either jump from .25 or .125. Not sure yet. Going to see how I do on the .25mg. Just wanted to update everyone.
Maya

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Maya,
That's awesome to hear. If you are feeling a bit of withdrawals with this latest drop I would suggest staying there for another 10 days or so and see if it levels out. When it does then drop down again and wait again. Patience is the key in these things to avoid the bad withdrawals. Good luck to you and keep updating.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maya

That's Great news. You sound really strong and confidant and that's important. Thank you for updating.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Maya...proud of you for dumping the tussinex :) You are being so strong...keep up the good work :)

You know, you mentioned sneezing and I NEVER sneeze since being on subs....wonder if it suppresses it or something?

Stay strong, kiddo!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg