It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I've been reading a lot of posts on this site for a long time and have never posted anything.... But everything i've read on here has been extremely helpful for me and my family.

Long story short, my husband has been on suboxone for 2 1/2 years, and has finally seemed to stabilize on a daily dose of 16 mg's/day. But we have no insurance to help us cover the cost, which is $100/month to see his doctor and another ~$500/month for the medicine. We currently are on medicaid but have a share of cost of $212. I know that isn't much, and i really WOULDN'T mind paying that every month, but finding a doctor in our area that prescribes suboxone and also participates with medicaid has proven to be quite impossible.

Does anybody have any advice on how to lower what we pay out of pocket for the medicine? I feel like i've tried everything in my power to get help paying for it, but i come to a wall every avenue i take.

Also, we are in Jacksonville, FL.

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm 

Hi jos621,

Your problem is not unique. About all you can do is spend all day calling the Suboxone doctors until you either find one who will take medicaid or has a lower rate that you can afford. Maybe someone here from FL will help you.

I had one heck of a time finding one who took insurance as primary. Finally found one who is a GP and works out of Healthnet Partners. Now he's my family Dr. Problem was, it took almost all day to find him. Everyone else wanted cash.

You will also need to be willing to drive out of town. Decide what your mileage limit is first.

rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My doctor is great and I know he is accepting new patients in Jacksonville, FL. :D

Try calling Dr. Michael Willens at 904-683-2596.

The office is called Advanced Pain Management Clinic and they're right near Memorial Hospital.

They're really kind and non-judgemental. They helped both me and my girlfriend.

They also have a website: http://advancedpainmanagementclinic.com/addiction/

Hope this helps and good luck.

Jonathon

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 am 

Thank You nh99 for helping out. Funny how you both posted about the same day and time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you to this forum for referring me to Dr. Michael Willens at Advanced Pain Management Clinic for Suboxone for addiction in Jacksonville, Florida.

http://advancedpainmanagementclinic.com/

I was really scared to tell anybody including some doctor I didn't know. I feel like I have so much to lose! But really, if I don't get help, I know I'll lose everything anyway!

My experience with this doctor was really great and I wanted to share in case anyone was worried about getting help. The whole office is kind, caring, discreet, private, clean, and NOT A SUBOXONE OFFICE. They're a pain management office and definitely not a pill mill.

Dr. Willens was totally non-judgemental and made me feel safe and comfortable right away. He really understands addiction and took about an hour to listen and talk with me. Just know that he doesn't advocate medication only - he really pushes Narcotics Anonymous. I am planning on going to a meeting to see what it is all about.

I do have to say that I am afraid of being dependent on Suboxone but he says he can help me get off if I "develop a good recovery program." He seemed to really want to help and was obviously not doing it just for money.

I finally feel like I can be honest and trust someone and that there is hope. I haven't used in a week which is like a miracle for me.

I'm sure that there are other good docs out there but Dr. Willens is the best doctor I've ever seen.

Hari

Last edited by Hari on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Idk if this helps anyone but i called around to all the docs all day yesterday and there is a new clinic at baymeadows and philips hwy. They are $200 but that covers all of your stuff for your visit and they give you a 30 day perscription of suboxone and a discount card for like $250 off the medication and if you have insurance it covers like half your visit and all your lab stuff and meds. They were the cheapest I found so far and they got me in this morning. Nice place too - bottled water and free snickers bars lol. Main reason im writing this is they have a referral program so if you get people to go in there they will give you $25 off your next appoitment and that's for each person you send, it could end up being free. So tell them Tyler sent you lol

AMC of Jax - http://www.myamcclinic.com
904-503-9646

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My experience is that so many suboxone clinics are just money makers and the docs and nurses don't understand addiction and don't respect addicts.

Dr. Willens understands addiction very well and helped me get into recovery. He actually taught me about recovery and gently encouraged me to get off Suboxone - which I really wanted to do. I am off Suboxone completely now - but I did a lot of work with a sponsor, service, and working with other addicts to do that.

My wife hasn't been able to get off suboxone because she hasn't done anything for her recovery and won't come with me to meetings. She'll probably be one Suboxone for a long time and Dr. Willens said he would maintain her on it only, "because it's keeping her alive." I like that he keeps encouraging to get off but doesn't judge either.

Don't think that your addiction is going to suddenly go away because you're on subs. I've known too many people who have died thinking that.

btw - Dr. Willens charges $250 which covers everything including the piss test and he gets discounts for the prescriptions too.

I'm glad there are a lot of docs out there doing this. I just wish more knew what they were doing.

FYI:

http://advancedpainmanagementclinic.com/addiction/

904-683-2596

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

:lol: :( :o

I took the advice from this post.

I give Dr. Willens the thumbs up. Yup...exactly what I needed. He is a straight shooter and knows addiction and sees right through my bullsh*t! That's what I needed. He really seems to care and I feel like maybe this time it will work. Cool office staff and perfect location for me. Not super cheap but definitely worth it.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

:D Just a follow up with my experience with Dr. Willens. I've been able to wean down alot. When I see him, I get time to talk and get advise. He is really smart, knows his stuff and doesn't play around. He can see bullshit a mile away. I don't go to enough meetings and I'm not working a recovery program which is why I am still on the subs. I'll quit procrastinating tomorrow.

Nice clean professional office and they don't treat me like a junky.

:oops: