It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a doctor in or near Birmingham. I've been going to a doctor in Alabaster who will only prescribe suboxone and I really need the cheaper subutex which he will not prescribe. It is costing me 150. per visit also and it would be great if I could bring that cost down also. I've got kids and I would like to not have to spend so much on my treatment to free up some room in our finances. If anyone has a recommendation it would be so helpful. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry that no one has come along with an answer to your questions. It may be that we don't have members in that area right now. Have you tried the physician locator at http://www.naabt.org? That's how I found my doctor. You just enter your email address, zip code, distance you're able to travel for treatment, and a short description of what you are looking for in a prescriber, and if there's one in that area who has an opening, you're emailed a notification from that provider. You usually receive a reply from someone within a few days. These also a doctor locator at http://www.suboxone.com.
I understand how difficult it is when cost is a factor in your treatment. I hope you're able to procure another doctor soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There are quite a few doctors in the Birmingham area, probably about 20-25. You can find them easily using the doctor locator on the Suboxone.com site.

I don't know if any will prescribe the Subutex though. Have you tried the discount coupon available from the Suboxone.com site?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For anyone looking in the Birmingham, AL area, I can highly recommend Adamsville Family Medicine on Highway 78 in Adamsville, AL. Dr. Richman has a partner that also provides Suboxone treatment.