It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi
I am having a little bit of a stability problem right now. I induced on Friday on .4mg, took about the same on saturday, felt pretty decent those 1.5 days. Last night I had pretty substantial bed sweating going on, but other than that was able to sleep ok. I had to get up early to go to work and I took .25mg, didnt still feel right so took another .25mg, got home and had a bit of depression, and a few other withdrawal symptoms so I took another .25mg, so I am roughly at .75mg today. I would love feedback, I guess that I am adjusting to the dose that is going to actually work for me. I really would like to be able to break my dosing in to 3 pieces, 8 hours apart for the pain control properties the sub has on my body. Does anybody know what the equivalent of narcotic pain meds to suboxone is? I thought I read that the sub. is 40-50 times stronger than the pain pills? Anyway, feedback is appreciated on stabilizing and anything else related to what I said. I am feeling good right now on the .75mg total, maybe I will find a good place somewhere around .4mg-.75mg? Hope to hear from anyone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am glad that you decided to turn to Suboxone to help with your addiction. I am not quite sure the actual comparison from pain killers vs. Suboxone because one is a full agonist and the other is a partial agonist. But... I think there is a thread somewhere on this site that covers that. Sorry, I can't maneuver to well yet on it.

I was wondering if you think you are on too low of a dose since you are still experiencing withdraws on the amount that your on. It does take a while to get the right dose for you. Good luck with the rest of your induction!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Raudy1975. Yeah, I think I am just getting to the right dose. One thing I do know is that the sub has three day half life, so each day is "stacking" on each other. I am just trying to take enough to feel o.k. I just do not want to have cravings for the narcotics( which I am not experiencing ) and keep withdrawal symptoms manageable. Its my pain issue that makes it hard for me to stay on a low dose. Each time I take a dose .25mg or higher I get much needed pain relief. Yet I do not want to get in to dosing to high because I will be wanting to get off the suboxone in the near term. I am not putting a timetable when I will be tapering the sub ( only been on for 4 days ) but I like the fact that if I start and get stable on a low dose, it will be a bit easier to taper. Thanks for your response

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man I took about 1mg today and what a huge difference it made in how I felt! Almost too good!! I have been trying to level out to the right dose after inducing on friday at .4mg. I am going to go back to .25mg in the am, adding small .1mg pieces until it feels right, giving 90 minutes for full effect before adding more. Then in the afternoon I am going to take . 25mg piece and take another .1mg if needed. Its important for me to get to the right dose, get stable for 4 days then just stay there or decide to reduce. For me its very important to just use what is needed , not more. I want to be free of all substances at some point and do not want to use too much suboxone. Do not get me wrong, the sub has been great for me and I will continue to take it as long as needed. I going to drug counselor tmrw and have an appt with sub doc on tuesday. I take this very seriously and know its not just about being clean at the end, its how to live without drugs once your clean. I have created a very physical addiction, and I need to explore how the mental part of addiction has effected me. I know from some experience that me and the counselor can look at that part of addiction closely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey OP just wanted to add my .02 and hopefully it may help. I used to do the "try and take the smallest dose possible just to get well" thing during my treatment as well, I have been on subutex for 3 years and I have experimented very much with my dosing trying to find the best possible dose for cravings and pain relief. I am on 3mgs now (was previously on 2mgs but due to having a rough period of wanting to use again recently I bumped it up to 3mgs for now) and it helps keep my pain at bay and also my cravings are usually non existent, they happen from time to time but nothing big at all.

I dose 1.5 every 12 hours but I know you mentioned you'd like to dose 3 times a day 8 hours apart and I have done that as well. Everyone is different and I don't know your pain level but IMO from experience taking those small .25 doses like that isnt going to do much good for your pain or cravings for that matter (as evidenced by the fact that you said how much better 1mg worked for you). My advice to you would be to stop worrying about "being on the lowest possible dose" and worry more about finding the dose that keeps you most comfortable pain wise and craving free even if that means stabilizing on a higher dose than you intended.

I teetered on a low dose for a large chunk of my treatment and I had very bad cravings that I had to deal with daily and I just wouldnt budge and up my dose because I had the same mindset as you, I wanted to take the smallest dose and no more but I finally thought to myself "why should I continue to pay for this medicine and doctors appts if Im only going to half ass it and take such a small dose and not even reap the benefits that sub at the proper dose will give me" and I have been doing very well on 3mgs ever since.

I just kept thinking of the day Im gonna come off it eventually and how if I up my dose Im gonna have a horrible withdrawal and blah blah but I promise you that taking an extra mg or two is not going to have any dramatic impact on withdrawal symptoms when the time comes if you want to get off them and the benefits of taking the right dose far outweigh any negatives. You probably already know this but just in case keep in mind that roughly only 30% of bupe is absorbed under the tongue so taking a dose as small as .25mgs is almost as if you are taking nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Buprecision, I am going to to look at what you said closely. I like the pain relief I get with the right dose, and I want to get that relief because if anything that would be a big trigger for me to want to use pills again because I am in pain. Thanks