It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone!
My name is Hunter, and this is my first time posting to the forum. Like most, i struggled with opiates, then went to treatment about two months ago where they started me on suboxone. When i made it back to my home city, i had to find a doctor here that prescribed it. Luckily it wasnt difficult. When he asked how much they were giving me before, i said two 8 mg a day. However in the past week or two, i was weaning down to just one a day. I didnt tell him that though and he prescribed me 60 for a month. My question is, if they test to see if bupronorphon is in your system, will he also be able to tell if ive only been taking one and not two? I'd hate for it to be an issue and him think im selling them or something and kick me out...any anwers are much appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm 

Welcome Hunter,

Glad you found us. Congrats on your progress in recovery. Must be a great feeling for you now. Hope rehab was a good experience for you too.

So....your stable on 8mgs?, thats good. We should only take enough to keep us out of WD and to keep the Cravings away. Also, less side effects. There are several to be sure. .

My question is, Why do you feel you need to keep this information from your Dr? Whats the point? Yes people hold some extra back to build a stock in case of a emergency of some sort, but why cant you tell your Dr ?..

It ll depend of how indepth your dr will go on tests with your UA. I simple pee in a cup will most likely only show that Buprenorphine is in your system. If they send it off to the lab, then yes the measurement of norbupenorphine will be indicated. Maybe not to the tee, and ive seen this happen before in the clinic I go to.

You could just tell the doc then you wouldnt have to worry about it ,uno?..

This is just my opinion here, .. hate to see you had trouble ,possibly, right from the beginning.

Keep posting, and welcome again Hunter...

Razor..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree with Razor, but if you are really worried about it, just take your prescribed dose 3 or 4 days before your drug screen and you should be fine. I think you would be fine with the 8mgs because I don't take all my prescribed dose and I have been fine with my drug screens. Actually my Dr. suggested for me to take less if I wanted too so I would have a couple left over in case I couldn't get to the appt. or there was an emergency and I couldn't get my script on time. Emergencies happen you know. And it always feels nice to have some extras just in case.
Welcome to the forum
Happy