It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started at 24 mgs and went down to 16 stayed on 16 for about five months. Recently I went down to 12 and on the third day I had to take some more because I started feeling withdrawals and just couldn't take it. Which is crazy to me because it's still such a high dose. Should I be tapering down at 2 mgs at a time and how long sould I stay on the dose before going down further? I have a very demanding job so I need always be on top of my game and I am bit weak when it comes to handling pain from wds for that matter. I just need some advice how everyone else did this bc I want to be off this stuff at some point and my doctor is thinking I should be a lifer on subs which I disagree, plus I know I shouldn't do this but I split my subs with my sister I give her 30 a month it's because she doesn't have insurance and can't afford them and honestly I rather give her subs than see her on the streets again. so I need continue seeing him not just for me but her as well and even when I plan to be off of them she's not ready so I will need keep getting them for her. I know this is terrible to do but she's doing so great now and I she was so close to dying before I'd be willing to do anything for her. Anyways I need advice on the taper please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,
I would advise tapering as low as possible before jumping off. A proper taper will make life easier on you and jumping off from a really high dose can be quite difficult from what I've read. I just did a jump from 1mg and there were definitely some withdrawals but nothing as bad as from the pain pills. I just can't sleep at all but I"m going to do something about that tomorrow.

I"m on day 7 with no subs and I'm doing good except for the sleep issues.

Good luck.