It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need help with induction
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I just finished a post over in the introduction board and explained my story.

The short version is I've been addicted to oxycodone for over a year at 80-100mg a day, sometimes more. I decided to see a sub doc and got a script for 30 8mg subutex pills yesterday, he prescribed 8mg twice a day. I have read that this is way too high so I should have plenty of pills to pull off this taper.

I am waiting until the weekend to do my induction and trying to learn as much as possible before making the switch.

Can anyone here help me with a taper plan or provide links for one? Im honestly nervous about starting this medication, but I am ready to be off pain meds for good.. They are ruining my life. Thanks for the help and I will maintain a journal through my progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 pm 

Welcome to the forum Annon,
Ive read your two posts here this evening and want to tell you there is so much information to research.
For induction you must be in moderate to severe wd before you begin. Your tolerance seems lowish, as mine was back in the day. So imo, if you would wait a day our so you should be in enough wd to start. Go slowly, 2mgs at a time. Yoj could possibly get by on 2mgs maybe 4mgs. It could be mkre, you ll just have to see what dose you can stablize on.

As far as a short detox taper, Id go over to tbe Stopping Suboxone forum and read the many tbreads on this subject.
Many experiences there plus I believe there is a sticky or two there also.

Keep posting with questions. Also, cneck out Dr Junigs Talkzone blog. Great information there with plenty of facts. Hope this helps abit and sorry kts short, ive been under the weather last day or two and just wanted to weclome you..

Good luck , it ll be fine,this med really works....

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Razor is spot on. At that level of Oxy, I would really be surprised if you needed more than 2 mg (4 mg at the most IMHO). You do want to start with the lowest dose that works for you, so that you don't get used to too high of a dose, along with the side effects of too high of a dose (lethargy, etc.). Just make sure you are truly in withdrawals so that you do not suffer a Precipitated Withdrawal. Use the COWs worksheet to make sure.