It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had a 30-45mg daily oxycodone habit. I went to the sub doc this week and was given a 8mg strip in the office. I felt great for 2 hours then I had a terrible rest of the day. Dry mouth(intense) & nausea. It was horrible. I felt like I would stop breathing if I went to sleep. The next day I cut the strip and took a 1mg dose. I felt ok, but the cravings are still there. What dose would be okay for a tolerance of 30-45mg. Would 2mg be ok? I want my cravings to go away without the nasty side effects from too much. My doc thinks 8mg x2's a day is perfect for my habit and I think he's waaaay off. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think your actual tolerance is way below ~16 mg sub. With a habit over 10x yours, 16 mg sub got me wrecked for the first 10x or so (only taking it when I could get it, because I had no dr) and kept giving effect almost a month into treatment, after there I upped to 20 mg a day and had effects for another couple weeks. I don't think there is necessarily any reason to increase your tolerance that much. Drs fall into 3 schools - they either dose according to tolerance, OR, they dose high to control cravings fully, or they dose a high dose to everyone, either for blockade or just because. So a lot of people get dosed for 16-24 without tolerance for it. You'll adjust to any dose, a lot off people do after only a week. But the way I see it is, if you got onto it to just delay withdrawal rather than bc of actual cravings (multiple attempts at getting clean, incl inpatient) try dosing lower and see if it covers you, and taper down as comfortable. No reason to make the situation worse.