It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need help tapering!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone have a successful taper program. I've been on 24 now down to 16 and started 12 mgs three days ago I had to take a little bit more the third day because I already starting feeling slight withdrawal. Which is crazy to me because most of what I read people don't experience until below 4. I've been on 16 mgs for about five months when I shifted down to 12. Can someone share their taper program. I am prepared to go really slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nah that's normal... We start to feel withdrawal the moment our blood levels of Sub go below our ceiling level. So what might be happening in your case is that you have your morning dose and your blood levels are above ceiling, but come the evening and the next morning your levels drop to below the ceiling ... meaning you may start to experience withdrawals.

At what dose people start feeling withdrawal when tapering depends on metabolism and tolerance and where your natural ceiling level is. I feel withdrawals whenever my dose drops below 12mg...

I think when people say getting down to 8mg or 4mg is "easy" they mean relatively easy compared to up until that point. While the withdrawal before that stage is by no means fun, it's nowhere near as funky as sub 4-6mg.

The thing that happened with me when I went from 12mg to 8mg ... was they say that people's bodies "normalise" after each drop. While my body did adjust, it didn't adjust completely. On 8mg I found the local swimming pool (indoor heated) to be bloody freezing, unless I'd had my sub JUST beforehand. And no matter how long I stayed on 8mg, I seemed to goose-up the moment I got into that pool. So I get the feeling that once we drop below the ceiling, our bodies are running on less Sub than they really want, no matter how long we try to stay on a level.