It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I need help! I'm not sure how to find my way around in here for one. But real problem is I've been trying to induct for last month but after i take sub i either Get sicker our nothing happens and i remain as sick as i was when i took. My Dr tells me to ride it out but if i could do that i wouldn't need to take in first place. Or he wants me to take 32mg. Everything i have read says i shouldn't ever need that much to feel better. I have been on sub before and never had problem with induction and i haven't ever waited to get sick and never had a problem. Now even when i wait till I'm dying they don't seem to change anything and i end up using.Then i wait till i Get sick again and try to take sub again. I have done thus 4 or 5 times now and am going insane over it. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what did u do to fix? today i took sub then used when it didn't work. So tomorrow I'm thinking i will wake up and take more sub but I'm not sure if i have to wait till I'm sick again or if i can just take since i took today? My Dr said i should take more sub and thus time take 32mg. This sounds like I'm going to have another bad day tomorrow. Plz if anyone had gone through this plz let me know how u got through itso i know how to get on sub. I was clean for 4 years up till 5 months ago i had relays. I just want to b clean again. Plz help!

Post subject: Re: NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry you are having trouble figuring out our site...the best thing to do would be to start a new thread for yourself in the induction section so that others will be able to see it and comment specifically to your situation. The way to do this is to go to the section on the main page that says "Induction Discussion", then when it opens up click the button that says "start new thread". If you have trouble with that I would be happy to move your post from here and start a new thread for you. Just let me know.

In order for us to give you any advice about your induction to suboxone we really need to know a little bit more information. Can you please tell us what drug you are coming off of and about what your daily dose is? It is incredibly important for you to be in at least moderate WD before taking your first dose of subs to avoid Precipitated Withdrawal. This may or may not be what you are experiencing...but it kind of sounds like it to me.

The first thing you should do is look at the COWS induction flow sheet that is listed at the top of the induction section. Here's a link in case you have trouble finding it.

http://naabt.org/documents/COWS_inducti ... _sheet.pdf

We would love to help you out here Tim, just let me know if you would like me to move your thread for you.

Thanks,

Qhorsegal2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Plz anything to help my Dr obviously doesn't know what he is doing. I'm lost thus is the first time this has happened. I was clean for 4 yrs and relapsed. I just need and want to b clean again.i know i have to pay the piper Burr can't so it cold turkey. Plz help

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As I said before, we need to know what drug you are coming off of, the amount you were taking, and when you last used.

Did you check out the COWS sheet yet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I need help! I'm 36 male 150lbs. I've been using since i was 16. I was clean for 4yrs up until my relaps 5months ago. I used for a week strait and have been trying to get clean since. 4yrs ago i used subs to ease w/d and it worked no problem and my habit at that time was way worse than now. I took it not even in w/d and got clean. For some reason its not working like that now. I have put myself into pw/d once already and am scared to death to do it again. I have been waiting now until I'm in w/d to the point i can't take it anymore. The subs arent making me sicker they just don't do anything at all when i take it. I have taken as much as 24mg and felt just as bad as not taking anything. I have tried to wait it out like my Dr suggest but i can only wait so long till i break. I end up using to take the edge off and try again a couple days later. It has been going this way for months now. I'm going insane! My Dr says to just wait it out and in a couple days it will b better. I can't make it a couple days like that. He says i should b able to tolerate the way i feel but i can't. I don't understand y its not working the way its suppose to. I read all these stories and everyone seems to feel relief am hour after they take it. I have only felt change for the worse. When i took to early within 20 mins i knew i had done something wrong. I have never been that sick in my life. So now i wait and i only take small pieces to start to c if i get worse or not. If no worse then i will take more till i think I've taken enuff. Meaning i should of felt some kind of change. I wondering if i take subs and don't go into pw/d and use to ease discomfort can i use sub the next day and so on to build suds up in my system. Or will thus not work. I read on one of these forums where dude did this every time he used subs. But i am scared to death to fall into pw/d again. Oh i was on methadone for a month i jumped off at 35mg and took subs 3 days after jump. That was when i went into pw/d. It took methadone 28 days to leave my system for some reason. Everyone i talk to says that is impossible I'm here to tell u its possible. I took urine test every other day for a month and it took that long to p clean. I don't want to ever go back on that stuff but its looking like it may b my only option. Plz if anyone knows something i can do to get subs to work plz help. Plz email me at tim273224b@gmail.com. I'm doing all this by phone and my phone doesn't alert me when i have message here. I'll check this site as much as i can.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry been using about half g of h a day. I just used over the subs today. I took 16mg of subs and used half g of h 3 hours after subs. It has been thus way for months now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tim,

I understand how frustrating this is for you. I get that it is hard to get started from H to subs, especially if you throw methadone into the mix.

I hate to tell you this, but the only way to make the subs work for you is to get yourself into WD enough that you get a moderate score on the COWS sheet. It sounds to me like you are trying to induce too soon. Once you get the subs into your system you have got to stick with them, maybe upping your dose every few hours, until they are able to push out all of the remaining H. You have got to get yourself to the point that you are ready to go through hell in order to get clean. I know its hard, and I know that it feels like you can't make it, but you can. We have all had to go through exactly what you are doing now in order to get well. And as bad as it is, it is all worth it when you do it right.

Is it okay with you if I move this thread over into one of your own? It would be better if you had you're own thread so that more members will see it and be able to comment and help you. Let me know ok?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Plz move i need all the help i can get right now. I have been looking at cows scale and rating myself and my Dr has done it that way. I can only seem to Get to 23 before i break and now I'm nervous that I'm going to wait even longer and I'm still going to get sick after i take. I panic after i get 8 or more in me and feel no different.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tim, I would have to agree with the moderator. It sounds like you are not giving your body enough time to be in wd before you start to panic and use again. If 8mgs is not holding you, that is okay. That is part of the induction phase and dose finding. You will have to be strong and ride it out. If you have body aches take the suboxone as ordered and tylenol. If you have an upset stomach, take Bepto. If you are not able to sleep, try Melatonin. All of these are over the counter. I know that your coping mechanisms are off and your automatic response is to use, however if you want to change and get clean you have to start thinking differently. Reaching out to others with addiction is a great start. Once you are ready NA and AA are also helpful. You don't have to participate, just listening can help. I wish you all the best. Keep trying and it will work for you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tim. I would love to give you support but your making your own bed. Wait about 12 hours after the H Wears off. You have to go through hell to get out sometimes bud. I know you know what I mean. If you wanted to be sober you wouldn't have H laying around. Reach out to someone you know. You need help man. I hope all goes well, but you seem Very Lost and Confused. Try taking 8mg 12-18 hours after your last G. I'm not a doctor, but I know that if you spit it out, most of the naloxone will be wasted. That's what I did when I was on Oxy. Don't swallow it. Put it in your lip like you would with Tobacco. It should help with the sickness the P-W would bring from the naloxone. Do Not Swallow the Sub . 24 hours after, it shouldn't matter if the naloxone is in your system. GL2U