It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, i have a serious question and i need it answered quickly. I am on probation and have been for a week tomorrow. I took a drug test last friday so they could get my levels of sub. i was wondering how this level test works and how much about 2 mg of sub would alter those levels? i need my levels to be lower than last time since im supposed to be getting clean. i just wanted to get rid of my last 2 mg of sub before i start going through terrible w/d. if someone could give me the information i need or point me in the right direction ( ive researched it and cant find anything useful) i would be very thankful! i go in tomorrow morning at 8:30am and need to know something before then. thank you!

Post subject: Re: NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I think your post in some ways asks many more questions or at least brings up many.

1. What kind of test was this and whom did it? Typically probation tests are not of the type that show levels, metabolism, etc. as these are greatly more expensive than simple positive/negative urine drug screens. For that matter many drug tests don't even test for Bup. More and more do but still many do not.

2. Under what authority are you being forced off of a legally prescribed medication? What did the judge order? Typically sentences state you must not consume or posses any controlled substances without a valid prescription. You have a valid prescription, correct? We really need to fight back against probation agents who want to play doctor. Plus they very often have no legal authority to force you off of Bup. Only a judge MIGHT have that authority and even that is questionable. Is MMT or Bup treatment prohibited as part of you sentence?

3. You state you are "supposed to be getting clean." If you are only taking Bup with no other controlled substances you are already clean.

4. Are you ready and able to maintain sobriety without Bup? If not, this is really, really wrong and a problem. First they force you off your legal drug treatment then they violate your probation when you relapse - because they took away your treatment! That is crazy. Don't let them set you up like this. Get your doctor and attorney involved to fight for your legal rights.

As to your initial question it really depends on the type of test, how much Bup you have taken in the last 72 hours, your body chemistry and your metabolism. These tests are often not very accurate in the first place. However if you are not taking less in the 72 hour period prior to this test than you took prior to the last test, it may well show.

If you provide more details we might be able to help more.

Don

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with you, Donh-- there are more and more PO's in my area who have seen patients forced off buprenorphine do poorly, and people staying on buprenorphine do well-- who WANT people to stay on buprenorphine, providing it is a legal prescription.

I had a patient who was facing serious prison time-- 12 years-- but got a suspended sentence from the judge, providing the patient 'stay on Suboxone'. The patient had kids, was married... and the spouse didn't want the patient on buprenorphine, despite the judge's order, because the patient wasn't 'really clean'. The patient listened to the spouse, and disappeared from my practice. Two months later I say the person in the newspaper after being busted with heroin. Now that patient is doing the first of 12 years, waiting for trial for the new charges... and spousie is divorced and raising the kids alone. Pretty messed up.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forgot your questions... they are likely doing 'quantitative testing' if they are measuring levels. I think that type of testing is of little value-- except in cases where you want to know if a drug is clearing from the body. Actually, worrying about it 'clearing' is pretty silly, making the testing silly in that situation too. I say that because it is so ridiculously short-sighted.... the goal with treatment is to help someone stop the compulsive use of opioids. How that person does in the real world, long term, has nothing to do with whether they got it figured out in 2 weeks vs. 4 weeks. You are in a short-sighted situation that is more about some idiot's imagined power over someone else's addiction, with an ego that demands punishment for recovering from an illness too slowly.

You can tell them that I said they were acting like d@cks.... but that probably isn't the best idea I've come up with today....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

N