It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need Help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My name is paul gordon i am 35 years old and have been on and off opiats since i was 13 years old. I had acess to strong opiates at thirteen because my father is a chronic pain patient and had multiple prescriptions. I went through my first detox in a mexican resort/treatment center (i went to mexico because joining the marines was my dream and drug induced hospitalization is a disqualification, the place was actualy beutiful and right on the beach) before my first deployment to iraq, my first stretch of service was 3 years and needles to say i saw plenty of combat, i was in the sandbox for some of the first surges of iraq . After i came home from i iraq i was a chronic pain patient myself and went back to opiats. This time i was using fentanal patches and oxycodone for breakthrough. I oped for another deployment 5 years ago, i had to withdrawl from fent and hydrocodone and let me tell you i could not walk for almost a week and was sick for two weeks but it got better and i was able to get full clearance and return to duty, i served mostly in transport to afganistan from southeast asia during this time. I returned home with another leg injury and still have pain from wounds i recieved in combat a decade ago. My last deployment ended 3 years ago, i spent a few mothes on fentanal patches again with hydrocodone for breakthrough, a few months went buy and my leg healed, i was left with some residual pain from ten years ago but my leg is fine and i told my doctor i didnt want to spend my life like this, we spoke about how awful my last detox was and he told me if i took suboxone for a wile that i could then detox from that with little to no withdrawl syptomsat all. Fast forward a few years and here i am still addicted to this garbage. I have made two attempts to stop, i taperd down to .25 miligrams every two days i then jumped and a week later i was in full blown withdrawl it was not as intense as the fentanal but it is enough to keep you from living a life with any sort of quality, i stayed this way for 6 MONTHS!!! i couldnt handle it i went back to .25 miligrams of suboxone daily. When I speak to my doctor about this he denys the existance of any substantial withdrawl from this drug he also denys the existance of side affects, i will say that its not as bad as withrawl from fentanal but with fentanal the withdrawl went away after some time passed and you start felling better, with suboxone i went half a year and was still experiancing hot/cold flashes, depresion,insomnia, and totaly unexplainable anxiety. I need help i need guidence i need people with true knowlege of the big picture. I would realy like to hear from people who have been on this stuff for more than a few years that have actualy gotten off of it. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND If you have only been on this drug for a few years and/or are still on it, especialy if your one of these guys who just decided your ok with being on this stuff for life please do not respond. Anybody who took this stuff for a few years and was able to get off of it, please do respond i am all ears and will truely apetiate your shareing your experience....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

please exuse my spelling and grammer, also i read over my post agin and noticed a mistake, i was using fent patches and oxycodone for breakthrough but switched from oxycodone to hydrocodone before the detox if that makes any sense.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was on suboxone for 3 years then I tapered down 1-2mg and then got off of it for over a year I only experienced withdrawl for 10 days with the help of anti-depressants. I think the main reason why I was needing "something" was the fact that I was somewhat depressed. Being on anti-depressant helped alot . and.. The withdraws were gone after 10 days. So for me, I needed to treat the root of the problem I had issues with depression that I thought I had mistaken as PAWS but I was just really friggin depressed. So I treated the depression.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You stopped at 2 mg?....damn.....ten days and you had no more hot/cold insomnia other aches and pains of withdrawl?? That's very differant than It is for me I know withdrawl syptoms when I feel them u know?? They start around day three and realy get going after about a week u know...what anti-depressant?