It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: need help!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im four days into quitting subs... also four days in a nasty break up causd by oc's and using subs as a crutch for two years....i am struggling hardcore today if i was to take <.25 mgs of subs how far back will it set me...also anyone have any.tips im over a soar back just got "creept crawlys" and hot n cold spells...i have to.do this now i have hurt too many and i am digging so deep but i dunno how much more i can take....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Anything will help.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taking a tiny bit of sub shouldn't set you back. No one would fault you for taking a little bit. Can you possibly go to your doctor and ask for Clonodine? It's a blood pressure med that's excellent for helping the discomfort of opiate withdrawals. Also, as hard as it is, everyone says that exercise also helps a lot.

Are you ready to be off suboxone? You said you consider sub to be a crutch. I think you'll find most of the people here don't feel that way. Is that the reason you've stopped taking it or are you truly ready and willing to be "clean"? I just think that will have an effect on your ability to avoid relapse. Just a thought I had.

Finally, I'm sorry you haven't gotten more responses. It's pretty quiet around here on weekends...I'm sure more responses will come in soon. Hang in there.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: need help!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

marttin21 wrote:
Im four days into quitting subs... also four days in a nasty break up causd by oc's and using subs as a crutch for two years....i am struggling hardcore today if i was to take <.25 mgs of subs how far back will it set me...also anyone have any.tips im over a soar back just got "creept crawlys" and hot n cold spells...i have to.do this now i have hurt too many and i am digging so deep but i dunno how much more i can take....

Hang in there- your not alone- i am 8 days off subs, after 7 yrs on roxi's...although it sux, it does get better each day, keep a positive attitude- remember why ur doing this...get something for sleep, stay away from caffeine..eat things high in protein,take hot baths and jus give yourself time to heal...i am going thru the same shit believe me, today (day 8) i am still feeling crappy,tired etc but am feeling a lil better. i was able to go for short drive, do some laundry...anyway stick with it- it does get better.... i promise you....good luck....you CAN take it...Be strong..... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks guys for the replies!

Hatmaker- yes i am 100% ready to be done with everything and i guess am still at 7 days off if u dont count the day i took a sliver last thursday...

Sorry if im a little all over the place im doing this all by phone.. yesterday i ended up passing out after i got off work ( i was at work during my original.post).... i ended up being severly dehydrated and had crazy high blood pressure as well as low pottasium. Which i just figured were wd because i would never of thought i was dehydrated... I am now on that clonidine you mentioned but only a three day script and made a out patient appointment...

I imagine ill be around here more often and try and get my story up.... not as bad as sum but still 5ish years of.hell!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Buy bananas they're loaded with potassium.. yogurt, orange juice.. eat as much of this stuff as you can.. it helped me a lot with the stiffness in my body.