It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have actually read that taking them both at the same time Is okay If It Is spread out and at a low dose. Im going to drop the SJW today and just take the 5htp at night. Thanks for the support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great to hear it! I'm really thrilled to hear that it's helping you so much. I don't know whether sub affects serotonin levels or not, but anything is possible. The brain and it's neurotransmitters are very complex, as we all know. The most important thing is that you're feeling much better. Please keep us posted. We're here for you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Just a little post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

bluffton21 - I just briefly browsed through the posts and it's nice to know you are feeling better.

For me when getting off opiates my first time without medicated assisted recovery it's all about finding yourself again. I found it very difficult even with going to meetings trying to find myself prior to using opiates. I found myself mopy on the weekends and just depressed at times. I ended up starting Lexapro which helped me out tremendously. I was skeptical about starting an anti-depressant but it helped me out so much. I still wasn't 100% but I felt much better.

I ended up putting myself into a bad situation and relapsed. I have been on Suboxone since December of 09 and haven't picked up my drug of choice since.

For me, my feelings are very similar to Hatmaker's. Suboxone has not stopped me from feeling that's for sure. I'm going through a very tough time right now and if it wasn't to Suboxone I think I would have thrown in the towel months ago. The fact that I'm going through a difficult time and have zero obsession to use is a blessing. When I started Suboxone I began to enjoy life again, I knew the fight was over. Even though I'm going through a difficult time right now and I'm not 100% myself, I'm still enjoying being alive. I know I'm going to get through this difficult time as long as I stay clean today.

I'm not trying to make this about myself, I'm just concerned with the taper of Suboxone. The disease always seems to resurface and why not just keep the disease in remission. For me it was about finding a balance and being in acceptance that I need medication to remain stable.

I hope you find that balance and you know we are all here for your support.

SuperBuper

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow. That hasn't been my experience. As hatmaker says, I too feel sadness,excitement,fear,bliss,anger. This scares me because I hope this isn't what happens to everyone on sub. That would just be awful, like walking around as a robot, it's so sad. I hope things change for you guys =( And I wish people would respond to my posts!! It's like no one is here I almost feel like I'm talking to myself!! Yikes! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi hopeful -
It's good to hear I'm not the only one who feels the full range of emotions while taking sub. I think going from active addiction to recovery/remission is such a complex thing that our emotions are bound to be out of whack. Some of us used drugs to numb feelings or past traumas, so once we get sober it's hard to get comfortable in our own skin. Everyone is so different and addiction is so complex that I would be more apt to believe such issues with emotions are related to more to being in new recovery than it is to being on sub. If that makes any sense...Just one person's opinion.

Oh and hopeful, what posts are you referring to that haven't been responded to yet? I try to keep up with all new posts, so I hope I didn't miss anything. Let me know or feel free to PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Afternoon hat :) I posted replies in a few of the side effect topics, the one I posted about being high for 18 hours, lol. And a topic about traveling and meds, there was a few others, trying to remember :P
I have noticed things that bothered me or things I put up with while on opiates, I am quite verbal about now!! Not sure if it is appropriate but I am seemingly aware of my feelings and make sure that others know when something bothers me. My emotions are slightly dampened but I think it's a good thing right now since I tend to be pretty uhm.."passionate" about things. =)

My question is this: What is the difference between recovery and remission if any? Or is it the same thing different terminology?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I often use recovery and remission interchangeably, which could be confusing. I look at it this way...Suboxone alone can put us into remission. We are no longer seeking out the high, doing crazy things to get our DOC, no more lying, cheating, and stealing. To me, that's remission. However, remission alone doesn't necessarily mean we're in healthy recovery. To me, recovery is a little more than just suboxone. Recovery includes changing our ways, learning new coping skills, dealing with emotions and not trying to numb them, and dealing with triggers and cravings in healthy ways. I guess you could say remission is a part of recovery, but there's more to recovery than JUST remission.

:lol: I have no idea if that made any sense, but it's how I look at it. Perhaps other will weigh in on the subject.

Post subject: Feeling ignored
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hopeful_sobriety - It is so funny you said you feel like you are talking to yourself. I feel the same exact way as you do... I haven't been around the forum as much as I used too. Partly because I'm going through some tough stuff and just don't feel motivated, second I'm getting ready to move out of my house and into an apartment in two weeks, and third I am really busy with work. I do agree though I find myself trying to get involved in conversations and I feel as if I miss the wave most of the time. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sorry to get off the conversation here but I'm only sharing my feelings.

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

@ SuperBuper, cute nic. :P
Firstly, congrats on your apt, (if it's a good thing.) Secondly, you should share your feelings here! It's a kind of comfort knowing I'm not the only one who feels like that...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hopeful_sobriety - Figured you'd like that.... Yah, the apartment thing is a good thing but it's hard for me to see that right now. My wife took a major wack financially due to the economy and we have to take a few steps back to move forward.

The positive thing is we only have a two bedroom house right now and we have two kids. So, in a few years we should be able to buy a new house that will fit our needs.

SuperBuper