It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need help.......
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been taking bupe since 2006 after an anesthesia assisted detox. Three months later after tapering to 2mg. I tried to come off all together. My blood sugars went crazy and completely unstable. My Dr. decided to keep me on the 2mg. "You might need it for a year. There are lots of addicts who do."
Fast forward in Oct 2007 just a little over a year clean of opiate addiction. YAY!!!!
I found my Mom dead due to an intentional overdose. Slap in the face........ That I'll never UNDERSTAND!!!!My life hasn't been the same since obviously........I've developed PTSI/PTSD and haven't felt comfortable that I wouldn't relapse if I tried to come off bupe all together.
Now I'm on 8mg in morning and 4 in the afternoon. I've never abused my meds or taken them other than prescribed. Unfortunately years ago I was in a terrible motorcycle accident that damaged a lot of my teeth (which precipitated the addiction along with endometriosis).
Today, I've found myself in a bit of a predicament. In the past I've swallowed part of my dose because of missing teeth. And have taken an extra quarter to compensate.
Now to my question....... I have a total of 48mg till my appt on Mon afternoon. I took 4mg under my tongue this morning. It's half of my daily dose. I'd never heard of "plugging, painting or snorting" until I came across this forum. I DON'T want to get high just feel normal.
If I did use a method such as plugging would it help secure absorption rate. I know I lose a lot with it under my tongue. Or I've learned that from this forum. Wish I'd found this place a long time ago
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Post subject: Re: Need help.......
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 pm 

I'm sorry that I really don't have any advice for you on this subject because I've never tried it myself. But I wanted to respond to your post that I'm so very sorry about your mom's overdose! Did she set things up so that you would be the one to find her? My dad's mother did something very similar, except she did it with carbon monoxide poisoning. She knew my dad was coming over there later in the day. She had everything in the house tagged as to who she wanted it to go to. I didn't get to know her because I was only 6 months old. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with your mom's suicide so graphically. I'm not surprised it gave you PTSD.

I hope someone with more knowledge than I have comes along. :)

Amy