It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From what you've said, you're starting your suboxone today...or you'll start withdrawals today.

Give us a timeframe for when you last took your opiates..the Roxy/oxy whatever..and how you took it (orally, etc).

Since normally oxy/roxy is pretty fast-acting, I'd say you should be completely off any type of pills for right at 30 hours...but thats just me and how I know my body's affects with suboxone and opiates...because in the past, I've mixed the two and waited less than 12 hours to take suboxone after taking opiates, never had any problems when I was doing that...but I don't do that anymore.

I think you'll be in mild---moderate withdrawals by 30 hours or so, and you could take 1/2 suboxone, wait 3-5 minutes, and see how you feel, then take another 1/2 if needed to curb the feelings of withdrawals.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Read on another forum that some people have took a vicodin when they were in withdrawl frm a opiate to ease the discomfort what is your guys take on that I will be taking last roxy today late afternoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Once you take your last opiate, don't take any more until you start the suboxone. It will just prolong your withdrawal and induction process. It's not going to be that bad. Did you get the COWS scale? Did you go over it and does it make sense to you?

With induction, it's more important to wait until you're in mild to moderate withdrawals - in other words, it matters HOW BAD the withdrawals are, NOT how long you've been in withdrawal. So don't think in terms of needing to be in w/d for 25 or 30 hours. It doesn't work that way. You'll be gauging your symptoms with the help of the COWS sheet and once you reach the mild to moderate stage, you'll take your first dose of suboxone.

We'll help as much as we can. Hang in there.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Do like Hat says Vicoden is an opiate so it's no different than the roxi's so it will delay your induction.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i printed out the Cows list and I am going to go over it Thank you guys have been a blessing I will post when take my last roxy which will be in a few hours have a blessed day!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I took my last roxy last night at 7:00 and I fee ok now my knees are starting to hurt I will keep you guys posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It looks like it's been over 12 hours since you last posted. How are you doing/feeling? Please do come and update us. We'll try to help you through this as best we can. Remember, it will all be worth it to get off this horrible crazy train to no-where land. You should be very proud of yourself for taking this very hard, very big step. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been almost 17 hours since I had a roxy I feell achy and nausea,yawing here and there will keep u guys up to date

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am very achy, and have aniexty,shortness breath hot but yet i get cold easy yawning often been almost 22 hours getting annoyed :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I took half of 8 mg suboxone strip could not take all the discomfort could barely help feed my two year old need to be ableto cook dinner I waited 22 half hours hope everything works out very worried

Post subject: feeling ok
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I feel ok able to function feel a little weak I love to workout does anyone know when I will have to energy to do so?

Post subject: Re: feeling ok
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

singlemomof2 wrote:
I feel ok able to function feel a little weak I love to workout does anyone know when I will have to energy to do so?

You should probably take an entire 8mg strip...it's likely that this will make you feel "normal", but if you still have very noticeable symptoms, try another 1/2 of a strip, and hold yourself to taking 1 and 1/2 strips, per day, and give yourself time to adjust to that. That will probably be plenty to keep you feeling comfortable and you'll have enough energy. That's 12mg of Suboxone..which should, ideally, be enough to saturate the receptors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To help you gauge your dose, you want to take enough sub to stop all the withdrawals. Then over the next few days, you'll be looking out for other withdrawal symptoms in between dosing as well as cravings. Then you'll adjust your dosage (along with your doctor) according to what you need for those w/d and cravings. It could be 8 mg or it could be 16 - it is completely individualized. What works for one person may not work for someone else.

Give yourself some time to stabilize, but once you get the dose right, you should feel just fine, energy-wise, I'd say.

Keep us posted. I hope you're feeling okay.

Post subject: feeling normal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started out with half of 8 mg yesterday around 5:30 in evening felt great until about 1:45 a.m then i started haveing stomache cramps achy knees so I took a quarter of sub it is 9:15 a.m and still feel good I dont wanna get dependent on taking suboxone I dont feel sleepy like I heard from some people i just cleaned my house and have a few errands to run I will be in touch Thanks again :D

Post subject: stopping suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I am reading that stopping suboxone is a nightmare and I will have to go thru horrible withdrawls? Is this true I plan on only taking suboxone for a week tops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Singlemom - You are ALREADY dependent on opiates! Suboxone is just a different kind of opiate (a partial opiate agonist). You already have withdrawals coming your way and frankly, there's just not an easy solution to that. Yes, we CAN taper off suboxone which is something that is next to impossible to do with our DOC.

And yes, you can use suboxone as a short term detox tool, but you have to consider if that is what's best for you. How long was your addiction? Have you lived without opiates for a long time on your own before? If not, suboxone will help you do that for a while before 'flying without a net', so to speak.

I would advise you to stop listening to the horror stories online. People always forget that they were already hooked on opiates before they started suboxone and for some reason seem to think sub will magically cure all that went astray all those years of active addiction. It just doesn't work that way.

But before you decide which route to go, I'd really go over how bad your addiction was and think about what kind of bad habits and lousy coping skills you have and all the other things that suboxone could give you the time to work on. Also, please consider the fact that short term suboxone treatment has very high relapse rates.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Keep feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

singlemom- my advice to you is to try to stay on the suboxone for a couple of weeks before you worry about when you are going to stop. You are coming off a terrible addiction and need to get your head clear befor planning something so important. If you stop too early you run the risk of relapse. Good luck and keep up the good work, you and your children will both benifit from you getting sober.