It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need HELP Please !
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Everyone,
Initially I was injured in a rollover car accident and after a couple of years in pain management I graduated into full blown drug addiction. I began Iving Oxycodone, opana, dilaudid etc.. My life was hell and I reached out for help and got on Suboxone.. Eventually I was switched to Subutex and stayed on them for 5 years.
During that time I put my life back together, started a business, got my family back and everything was great.
Then I went through a nasty divorce this past November and relapsed after 5 years off of my drug of choice.. My appetite for opiates rose quickly and before I knew it I was taking over 400mg oxycodone daily IV..
I desperately want to go back to the Subutex! I have a whole bottle of Subutex 8mg but I'm terrified of induction when I'm hooked on 400mg a day of Oxycodone!
My fear is that even if I wait the full 24 hrs before induction, will the Subutex work right away or will it take several days to begin working since I'm on such a high dosage ( 400mg ) daily of oxy ?
So if I go 24 hrs without using should the Subutex work or because of my high tolerance will I have to suffer for several days ?
I'm 38 yrs old, single dad, business owner with an amazing life !
These pills are killing me and I know if I dont get off of this poison soon it's going to kill me !
I hate these pills but terrified of switching to subs on such a high dose of oxy ! Please help

Post subject: Re: Need HELP Please !
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've induced patients from very high tolerance levels. The highest was a woman who took 900 mg oxycodone per day-- 30 of the 30 mg tabs each day-- after she inherited a very large amount of money, and worked her way to that dose.

Just go as long as you can before inducing. If you go 24 hours, you will be OK. You will be in withdrawal after 24 hours, of course, and the withdrawal might not be completely relieved after induction.... but by the next day you will feel 50% better, and after 2 days you'll be fine.

I don't know why tolerance adjusts to buprenorphine so quickly--- but it does. As long as you go 24 hours without any agonists (and the only agonist you use is oxycodone), and as long as you take nothing but buprenorphine after induction, you'll be fine by 48 hours--- and the withdrawal will get better after induction, not worse. At least that's what I've seen, over and over with other people.

Post subject: Re: Need HELP Please !
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for reply and sharing your experience inducting other high dose oxy users.
Im planning to take your advice and switch over to subs very soon. I've ran out of oxy yet scored some dilaudid and have began weening down some by only taking 4mg at a time and after I do this regimen for about a week then I'll take a few Xanax over a course of the 24hr period as I wait to induce the subs and hopefully will be able to sleep through the bad part and once I make the jump hopefully my tolerance will be alittle lower so the subs work right away !
The subs have to work right away ! I have so many responsibility as a father and business owner that I cant afford to be laid up in the bed for longer than 24hrs.. Thanks again !